(Topic ID: 306075)

I need to learn to play guitar

By zr11990

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220322_103132 (resized).jpg
    d4ef17c1a686f2fd000b6f762908c6fa (resized).jpg
    GUITARS_2 (resized).jpg
    GUITARS_4 (resized).jpg
    GUITARS_3 (resized).jpg
    GUITARS_1 (resized).jpg
    1CB5D21F-321F-4DCA-B9F8-64827E4311CB (resized).jpeg
    343651CB-0C5F-4286-821C-C51CCDCF560C (resized).jpeg
    20211215_150435 (resized).jpg
    C9A3479A-BA4A-4810-9496-6E4DC97591E8 (resized).jpeg
    AE244418-4AC7-41A8-B6B3-98B2C3D456B3 (resized).jpeg
    power-chords (resized).jpg
    1CCB4CDD-BC27-4486-BC5A-7E3B2D53ED64 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago

Nice! Let’s see some pics!

Oh..and learn the opening riffs for iron man and smoke on the water just like 80 percent of us and you’ll be off to a good start.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

If you're not gonna put the time in, tell your wife not to bother, it'll just sit in a corner.
    I played from the time i was 11 until well into my 30s when pinball took over. My Marshall amps and guitars have basically just sat for the last 20 years. I don't have the time/desire to practice every day, or every other day, any more, and if you don't, the dexterity and speed just slips away. Sure you can still strum along to something, but I was never a strummer, I played lead guitar in hard rock bands. Gotta stay in practive for that.

Sad!!!

How come you don't sell the collection? I'm sure that stuff is significantly more valuable than it was 20 years ago.

2 months later
    #67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Learning "Smoke on the Water." is a right of passage.

For me it was Iron Man.

But those two songs probably were the first power chords for the majority of aspiring rock players.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I was all about Metallica(and other speed metal bands). Lots of crunchy power chords.

LMAO did you happen to own a certain pedal....a METAL ZONE!??!

I have one of those! it's a little much for me these days, I use mostly a tube screamer but sometimes can't help but fire up THE METAL ZONE!

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Yea well. I got a guitar, not the one I was talking about. She bought me lessons which I would take on Thursday when I’m off but it seems that every Thursday I have something to do and I haven’t been able to schedule. Now that my grand daughter is sick and I have to do community service for a gun charge I still won’t have time. I did sell my business so when that is all said and done I will have lots of time.
    If you are interested in the gun charge I took off from work on a Saturday and got pulled over. I keep my glock on the seat next to me because it’s a crappy hood. I held my hands up and told the cop I had a gun in the seat and I had a permit to carry and I showed him my license and permit. The cop didn’t care he took me to jail anyway. I spent 15 hours in county jail and I was charged with carrying a firearm in a car without a permit. Total bullshit. The cop said that my permit was expired which it wasn’t. So I had to pay a lawyer, get my car out of impound and I lost my gun.

Well let's see it!

(the guitar, not the gun)

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I have two now. The original Metal Zone I bought in the 90s, and a shiny new MT-2w Waza version. This way, I can set one up for chunky chugging and the other one for screaming distorted lead and not have to keep fiddling with the knobs.
    There is no shortage of discussion and love and hate for the Metal Zone. I think Ola covers the idea of it best. It definitely will sound like crap and ruin your day if it is not dialed in right. But if you get it set right and connected properly, it is awesome. IMO of course.

Yeah I'm using the "EXTREME METAL!" setting on my amp if I need to shred like that but I should probably bring the Metal Zone back into the mix. I got that in the late 1990s.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-to-learn-to-play-guitar?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.