(Topic ID: 241562)

I need to get rid of the annoying knocker screech!!!

By h8_the_cold

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Axl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I just purchased a Stern Mustang LE. I thought something was wrong when I pressed "end" after entering my initials for high score, there was this terrible screech. I thought it was going to blow the speakers. It wasn't until we had a match for free game that I realized this is what Stern came up with to replace the knocker. I read some threads that indicated I could turn this off in settings, but the only setting I can find is to activate the knocker. How do I de-activate the knocker?

#2 4 years ago

I prefer to call Sterns knocker a "SQWUARK". I hate that sound. Video showing how to disable.

#3 4 years ago

Pretty sure you can turn it off in the menu.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

I prefer to call Sterns knocker a "SQWUARK". I hate that sound. Video showing how to disable.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

#5 4 years ago

I remember the first time I heard the stern squawk it freaked me out and I thought something was wrong too,

#6 4 years ago

Turned it of in my newest sterns. I used to cringe when I heard that horrible noise-

#7 4 years ago

Turn it off, that noise sucks. Buy and install a real knocker Kit. The universe rejoices .

#8 4 years ago

Yeah, they really couldn't have came up a worse sound to use if they tried. I turn that off immediately.

#9 4 years ago

I truly can't understand why they still have the screech - are they not able to come up with a digital sound that comes close to the original knock sound

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I truly can't understand why they still have the screech - are they not able to come up with a digital sound that comes close to the original knock sound

Even using the generic sound of knocking at a door would be better than what they currently are using.

#11 4 years ago

I’ve grown fond of the sound of a dog getting its tail stepped on.

#12 4 years ago

I love it, it scares the shit out of anyone playing that isn’t used to it or doesn’t know it’s coming. Now that being said the real knocker kits are the cats ass!!

#13 4 years ago

There is absolutely no way that they couldn’t come up with a better sound. I have a V-drum kit that produces hundreds of sounds that sound so realistic to what they’re simulating you would swear that they were the real thing.

In fact, i believe there’s a wood block percussion sound that sounds like a knocker.

#14 4 years ago

I did hear in one of the streams they had planned to change it... But no idea when they would get to it. I would think with 3 mins of work it could be changed.

#15 4 years ago

I did hear in one of the streams they had planned to change it... But no idea when they would get to it. I would think with 3 mins of work it could be changed.

BTW, cute dog

#16 4 years ago

The best sound
    Stuns surrounding people

Player struts off haha
    Yeah that was me

#17 4 years ago

They could easily record a knocker and put it in. I call it laziness. They probably call it a signature sound.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-to-get-rid-of-the-annoying-knocker-screech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.