Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pickle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 2 years ago

I have a house that I am renting and the person Im renting it to gets assistance. i need to give them a copy of my SSN by the 21st or she will not be able to rent the house or any other, I havnt had a SS card in years, we just never need them as we all know the number.It doesnt have to be a real one it just has to look like one as I am just going to send a copy over fax. There are places online but they all take bitcoing only. I hate coming here for stuff that isnt pinball related but I have no one else to ask. If anyone can help it would be appreciated

#2 2 years ago

Man that sounds like a scam to me.

#4 2 years ago

Say what? You need to give the person you are renting your Social Security.. Sounds off.. Like Alarms blaring off.

Here are the Landlord forms. Be ultra careful.

https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/public_indian_housing/programs/hcv/landlord/forms

#5 2 years ago

No, I need to send it to the office that is giving her rental assistance. I dont have a SS card

#6 2 years ago

No way I wouldn’t

#7 2 years ago

You can go to the social security office and get them same day now, I just did last week. But something does sound fishy. I could see the government wanting it but not the renter.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I need to get a social security card quickly.

Regular or counterfeit? I know a guy, but he's currently in county lockup. (Phony Covid cards also available.)

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You can go to the social security office and get them same day now, I just did last week. But something does sound fishy. I could see the government wanting it but not the renter.

I am not giving it to the renter, I am giving it to the government office.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not all SS offices do give cards the same day, there’s probably one in Houston though. You’ll need birth certificate, utility bill and photo ID. Call ahead to make sure.

#11 2 years ago

zr11990 , you can do it online via the Social Security Administration. https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-card.html

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Makes no sense to give them a fake one. If they want the card, they will more than likely run the number.

#13 2 years ago

No.

#14 2 years ago

Not sure how long it takes, but can you apply for a EIN and use that. If you are renting a house, wouldn't it be good to have one anyway?

#15 2 years ago

I just had to get a new one. You have to go online for the SSO and make an appointment. Most offices don’t allow walk ins. You’ll need your birth certificate and another proof of identity. My office doesn’t hand you copy’s but I got it in the mail in two days. The whole process was very painless.

#16 2 years ago

I've never heard of such a thing where the landlord has to give someone their SS number because of someone else's financial situation. Who is actually requesting it? How were you notified about this?

Did the renter say this? Maybe they misunderstood? Maybe they don't have a SS number and are trying to use yours?

Did you get a phone call or email? If so, it could be a scam of some sort to obtain personal information. As far as I'm aware, any official requests would be through snail mail.

The way you explained the situation sounds very strange.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Makes no sense to give them a fake one. If they want the card, they will more than likely run the number.

I think he wants a template of what the card looks like, then photoshop his number (which he knows) into the card, then fax it. The faxing will, in theory, obscure the photoshop job.

Does sound phishy... there's no reason the gov't agency couldn't just have you provide your SSN directly to them and they verify it.

#18 2 years ago

Maybe I am not explaining it right. The woman receives assistance and for her to get it to rent my house I have to be in the system. For me to be in the system they want a copy of my SSN card. I am not giving it to her, we are sending it to the person that manages her file or info.

And Metallic I agree. I have put the damn number on so many papers it isnt funny but they want a copy of the card. I applied online so we will see what happens. If I could get a fake copy of one that would work because all we are doing is faxing a copy of the darn card.

#19 2 years ago

Why the rush? The way the market is you should have 15 people ready to rent your house today.

#20 2 years ago

Scam

#21 2 years ago

I know with section 8, the agency needs that info to pay you. I would verify the number before faxing anything.

#22 2 years ago

Last Year's Federal tax return or W-2 form always works.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

zr11990 , you can do it online via the Social Security Administration. https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-card.html

I did this. How long did it take.

#24 2 years ago

Let me get this straight - you are planning to fax to a government agency a fake social security card?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Let me get this straight - you are planning to fax to a government agency a fake social security card?

LOL real number just a card printed online. The quality of a fax is so bad they wouldnt notice.

#26 2 years ago

Yeah I'd love to hear the prosecution over this.. it's his SSN, so there's no identity fraud, and no intent to commit fraud. Is it actually illegal to fax a simulation of a valid SS card? I don't think any prosecutor would pursue this even if he did get caught.

#27 2 years ago

I assume your doing section 8 through metro housing HUD. They need your info because they’ll report the income to the IRS and send you a 1099.

If that is the case, I wouldn’t send a fake document to a federal agency.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

LOL real number just a card printed online. The quality of a fax is so bad they wouldnt notice.

Just submit a W-9 instead.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I did this. How long did it take.

Dunno. Did they give you a confirmation or where you can print out a temporary card? I would think that would suffice.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just submit a W-9 instead.

Gave them that already

#31 2 years ago

My good friend has worked at SSA for most of his life. In the card and phone support sector.

You would be horrified to hear how backed up and slow they are operating at the moment. Their card offices aren’t even open and running on minimal staff at best on site.

You won’t be getting anything quickly.

#32 2 years ago

Just leanred how to play guitar and already going on a world tour?!

#33 2 years ago

Find a new renter

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just leanred how to play guitar and already going on a world tour?!

3 chords and a cloud of dust. Worked for the Ramones.

#35 2 years ago

This whole thing screams scam. If a renter is receiving assistance I would imagine all they would need is a copy of the rental agreement and an ID in their name to verify residence…..something is not adding up. How long has this person been renting from you? If it’s been over a year or two why is this just coming up now?

Also with the current housing market WHY are you not selling…..there is a shortage of houses and you could get TOP dollar NOW instead of making a little over time in rent. Cash out now unless you are getting double your normal rent IMO.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-to-get-a-social-security-card-quickly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.