Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NextoPin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-788.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

If your computer skills are that low, then building a computer from scratch was probably a huge mistake. Likewise, configuring all the software will be a nightmare for you. Even if someone helps you, how do you plan to update things as new tables come out?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Download Unit3D Pinball - Tables are downloadable from the home page, Follow the included instructions.
    unit3dpinball.net
    This is very easy to install on a Cabinet. It has a GUI that lets you position the screens as it's running, very cool. From the options menu, select cabinet mode then calibrate cabinet. Once you get it the way you like it, press calibrate again (to turn off the mode) and press save at the bottom.
    This should have you up and running on a cabinet in about 15 minutes.
    Next:
    Add Front end and Future Pinball
    Download PinballX
    pinballx.net
    Download Future Pinball (to start, it's easy to get the backglass working)
    Download BAM and place in FP folder - Rename BAM EXE to FuturePinball.exe and use this to launch FP (and also as your FP exe in PinballX config).
    Once in BAM, Press ~ key to open the config menu, you can tweek the table all sorts of ways, even add head tracking.
    FP is little more trickier due to the DMD, but still pretty easy, reply if you get this far and I can explain how to fix/move the DMD. Once you are good with UP and FP we'll work on VP.

This guy has a box of parts. He doesn't know how to assemble them or install an os. All this stuff is a thousand times more complex than he will manage. His best bet is to install steam and use pinball fx and pinball arcade from there. At least no real configuration work. And besides, FP is completely unplayable gabage. Physics really couldn't be any worse.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I don't disagree with you, but have you tried it with BAM? It's alot better than it used to be.

BAM is great for appearance and giving a 3d effect but doesn't do anything for physics. The zed physics is about as good as I've seen FP play but even then it's still unplayable trash. I've seen a lot of people focus on shakers, bam, adding a bunch of flashers in all the wrong places just to flash etc. But none of these things do anything to help improve playing the game or interacting with the ball. So far the only playable physics have been pinball fx 2, physmod VP (no release version of VP is playable), and pinball arcade on a few tables like fish tales and a couple older ones. Pinball arcade has several issues for the most part though like floaty physics and no flipper tricks.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

I still don't understand the whole leaning of the screen back. It increases your viewing angle and screws up the perspective on objects that are "above" the playfield, like the MM castle for example.

I couldn't agree with this more. The back of an LCD monitor will already be difficult to see. But then its angled down into the cabinet to make it 10 times worse. After that, the rear wall is flooded with a bunch of flashers that are out of place (the games being emulated don't have flashers there) and make it even more difficult to see what's going on. I would never build a cabinet this way.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from NextoPin:

Go read the BAM docs. Zen physics are just a hack to some variables in FP, Bam does this internally, the authors just need to include a XML file with the settings and BAM will read them(or you can adjust them yourself).
    I'm not saying it's better than any of the others, but it's totally playable.

The BAM is not a physics engine. It does allow for ease in patching in things like zed physics without running patched executables or extra processes via XML input files. But even with those FP is not playable. Play a real pinball game and make some ramp shots and up the middle shots. Then try to do the same with FP. You'll see how horrible it is. If the flippers, the only user input into the game, don't work correctly then what good is it? I guess for people that just blindly press the flipper button when the ball gets near the flippers, it might be ok. But that's not playing. You cannot take or aim shots in FP. And the ball reacts way different stopped vs moving on all shot angles. Totally unplayable. VP had similar issues and I considered it unplayable until recently. Solved by physmod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-someone-to-build-my-virtual-pin?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.