(Topic ID: 148345)

I need some help with my Stern Rectifier board.

By dmbjunky

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Stars Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7499_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
ta-100_color_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Does anyone have a pic of the J1 connector on the rectifier board of a Stars era machine? I was changing the plastic plug and wasn't paying attention and disconnected the four wires without putting them in the new connector. Very stupid.

Looking for help with this today. I figured out which wires go where. Red and White go to GI, light blue goes to inserts, and Blue/white goes to flippers. Where would these go in the connector?

These are the diagrams I'm looking at but I'm still unsure how to read this. The schematic is not in the right order unless you go by the numbers in the box. Also with the two wires that go to the GI, which ones are the return and which are the "buss". When looking at a bulb socket, the red wire is attached to the bracket that's screwed to the playfield and the white wire is attached to the socket.

Untitled_(resized).pngUntitled_(resized).png

2_(resized).png2_(resized).png

My first impression is the red or white goes in the first hole and fifth hole. Then the blue/white goes in the 6th hole and the light blue goes in the 7th hole. Thanks.

Edit: I did test the pins on the boards.

#3 8 years ago

There weren't any jumpers before I changed the plugs. Maybe I'll try without the jumpers first. I noticed that it listed wire colors but I didn't know if they could be trusted because there is no yellow, just a light blue or teal.

#6 8 years ago

Well my MPU is not powering up. At test point 2, I'm supposed to have 230VDC but all I have is 104. What's that mean? Is there some place I can test continuity to find the problem?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What did you do on the Rectifier Board? Sounds like one of the 4 rectifying diodes CR1 - CR4 is bad or bad Bridge rectifier. I don't know what board you have and is it a replacement / reworked.
This is for the display voltage. If you did the work make sure you upgraded CR1 - CR4 from 1N4004 to 1N4007 diodes and have the bands in the same direction.

I bought a refurbished board from Chance Tess at Expo. I hope it's alright because before I realized it, I paid more than a Rottendog board. I soldered the transformer to the board, so I could have done something wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 169.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-help-with-my-stern-rectifier-board?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.