You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B222763D-7ED8-4AF2-95EC-1EC517FB9CAD (resized).jpeg
6E450CD6-8F7C-44C2-A892-20AF7AA7F764 (resized).jpeg
41FF91C8-E7B5-4FA7-B933-9EC40F39223D (resized).jpeg
F590647F-8F0D-422D-8119-39B5B17EF8B7 (resized).jpeg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If you want a Whirlwind.... Just go buy a less expensive Monopoly..... close to the same thing.

Don’t agree.
Be patient and find a WW if you want one.
It’s a classic.

#52 2 years ago

Out here Monopoly's are still going for the same if not more than Whirl Winds.

#53 2 years ago

I haven’t seen a Monopoly less than a Whirlwind for price. This is subjective, but WW plays better, but Monopoly is a prettier looking game.

#54 2 years ago

i agree that the layout is similar but WW is better.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

i agree that the layout is similar but WW is better.

There’s a reason one is rated just outside the top 50 and the other is around 225. Monopoly usually goes for over $5k, which seems overvalued for its Pinside ranking.

#56 2 years ago

RS really is a fun game...wide body...shaker...Lawlor. My wife thought the heads were creepy but she got over it.

#57 2 years ago

I don’t have the most experience, but will give a little insight as you’re discussing Shadow now. I have Shadow and Ripley’s. While Shadow is amazing, those not into pinball often get destroyed and don’t have the most fun. Those people often prefer Ripley’s as it’s a lot more forgiving. Shadow has a great flow, but Ripley’s not so much. Still a great machine with lots to do, but it can be a bit floaty.

Roadshow I really wanted to love, but just couldn’t get into. Nothing against the machine. Maybe I just need more time/better environment for playing. WW I’ve never played.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

RS really is a fun game...wide body...shaker...Lawlor. My wife thought the heads were creepy but she got over it.

RS is a ton of fun and still one of the best deals left. You talk about creepy, Red looks just like my Mom when she was in her 20s/30s when we were kids and when I brought it home my sister wouldn’t even walk by it lol. The rest of us got over it though and had a blast with that game. Those mechs are still amazing 30 years later.

#59 2 years ago

Currently rebuilding the one I just got. You want creepy?

41FF91C8-E7B5-4FA7-B933-9EC40F39223D (resized).jpeg41FF91C8-E7B5-4FA7-B933-9EC40F39223D (resized).jpeg6E450CD6-8F7C-44C2-A892-20AF7AA7F764 (resized).jpeg6E450CD6-8F7C-44C2-A892-20AF7AA7F764 (resized).jpegB222763D-7ED8-4AF2-95EC-1EC517FB9CAD (resized).jpegB222763D-7ED8-4AF2-95EC-1EC517FB9CAD (resized).jpeg
#60 2 years ago

Best advice I have is 2 will turn into 3 and into 4 and into 5 and into 6 and into 7 and into 8 and into 9 and into 10 and into 11 and into 12 and into 13 and into 14 and into 15 and into 16 and into 17 and into 18 and into 19 and into 20 and into 21 and into 22 and into 23 and into 24 and into 25 and into 26 and then if you are me you are out of space and in a panic.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Currently rebuilding the one I just got. You want creepy?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You be nice to my Mom! Lol. Yeah, you think they’re creepy in the game…..

#62 2 years ago

I have 90' Whirlwind. I'll be selling or trading it soon.

I'd consider a straight sale or trading for: 90' Radical / 93' Indiana Jones (Williams) / 92' BSD Bram Stoker Dracula (+/- cash), what ever is fair.

I'm in Danville, CA

Kerry

#63 2 years ago

My advice on your second pin is to make sure you have room for your third.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I have 90' Whirlwind. I'll be selling or trading it soon.
I'd consider a straight sale or trading for: 90' Radical / 93' Indiana Jones (Williams) / 92' BSD Bram Stoker Dracula (+/- cash), what ever is fair.
I'm in Danville, CA
Kerry

p.m. sent

#65 2 years ago

jdzwir123... I responded to your direct email address you sent me this morning.

Thanks
Kerry

#66 2 years ago

I appreciate everyone’s input on helping me try to narrow it down as to what game I should pick up as a second game. I will pick it up in about 2 weeks or so and I guess it will be decided on what is available on the market here or on Craigslist.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Pretty soon I'm going to be getting a second pin and I need some help in making a decision.
Currently I have a High Speed and I love Steve Ritchie pins and I love Lawlor pins but have never owned one.
I have always wanted a Whirl Wind. With prices going so high on it and that I already have a system 11 but not the best system 11 made (which was WW) I was contemplating a different Lawlor. My budget is about 5,500 and I could get something deeper than WW like a Road Show or RBION.
Then I thought maybe sell off the High Speed, put the money together and just have one pin either a DI or possibly a Wonka.
My family says that Road Show creeps them out and also RBION but then again they don't play pinball so I need some advice from the community.
Thank you in advance!

You don’t need Pinside. Do the research YOU need to be happy. There aren’t any shortcuts in life. Others that share opinions regarding personal game preferences won’t be of much help to reaching your own goals.

#68 2 years ago

You’re right I don’t, however it’s nice to get some input regarding games that I’m interested in maybe getting from people that are passionate about pinball.

#69 2 years ago

Then my input is DON'T spend 5500 on Road Show or Whirlwind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-on-a-2nd-pin/page/2?hl=afinemoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.