(Topic ID: 200247)

I need some advice about letting my best buddy go ...

By SUPERBEE

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 260 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PEACHES 3 (resized).jpg
dinky in her spongebob sweater 2007 (resized).jpg
puppers (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200430_001756 (resized).jpg
Kayla & Gizmo 2 (resized).jpg
cat2 (resized).jpg
cat3 (resized).jpg
cat1 (resized).jpg
maya (resized).jpeg
dacshaund army (resized).jpeg
april and daphne (resized).JPG
paradise (resized).JPG
9680936C-14B2-4AE0-AB74-06C4E9319F0C (resized).jpeg
FFBB143B-15A5-49A6-BE75-63ABDC959804 (resized).jpeg
zman (resized).jpeg
h5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 6 years ago

I totally understand your position. Its been just over 2 years since I lost my best friend Zazoo. I bought him as a gift to my girlfriend at the time, who turned into my wife, 2 kids later, 16 years later, he had a really bad seizure, couldn't walk, was a real big mess. I made the call to put him to peace and it was the hardest thing iv'e ever done. He passed in both my daughters hands, 6-8 at the time, they were destroyed, as was I. I chose to be strong for the family but I think about him everyday, he was truly a special cat, a real "buddy".

I bought him when I was 21, he was a pure bread Persian. I couldn't afford the "best" ones, he was the runt of the litter but he didn't have the "smushed" face they always have. He was perfect and the wife loved the present. She was away alot and we became really close, he was truly a friend. He knew, he understood. He welcomed our first child, our first house, our second child, our failed attempt at a friend (named him simba ) thats a whole different story, as my wife gave him away while I was at work... Never got a chance to say goodbye. He was a rescue kitten and mad at everyone in the world except me. He bit, scratched, hissed at everyone, but would snuggle with me all the time. The two cats hated each other, fought almost to the death, vet bills, crazy amounts but we loved them both.

I will never forget both of them, I suspect Simba is still alive but I have no idea.

We moved on and let our kids pick new cats but zazoo and simba will always be in our hearts.

Sorry you had to go through this too, rest happy you gave him the best life he could ever have had.

IMG_20140518_162406 (resized).jpgIMG_20140518_162406 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go?tu=spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.