(Topic ID: 200247)

I need some advice about letting my best buddy go ...

By SUPERBEE

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 260 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mopar
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PEACHES 3 (resized).jpg
dinky in her spongebob sweater 2007 (resized).jpg
puppers (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200430_001756 (resized).jpg
Kayla & Gizmo 2 (resized).jpg
cat2 (resized).jpg
cat3 (resized).jpg
cat1 (resized).jpg
maya (resized).jpeg
dacshaund army (resized).jpeg
april and daphne (resized).JPG
paradise (resized).JPG
9680936C-14B2-4AE0-AB74-06C4E9319F0C (resized).jpeg
FFBB143B-15A5-49A6-BE75-63ABDC959804 (resized).jpeg
zman (resized).jpeg
h5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 6 years ago

The day after valentine's i awoke to my best friends ( 9 year old german shorthair)entire back end being paralyzed out of nowhere.we took her to the vet but they figured she slipped a disk and would get better but it turned out it was a rare disease called dyscospondalitis so we had to operate immediately as the infection was quickly killing her.I had been driving a 93 cutlass and luckily I had saved $18000 for a new vehicle that i desperatly needed but I spent every penny on my Alice plus some.I'm probably around 20k at this point and although she is able to walk again albeit like a baby deer, she can walk but now she is having control issues with her poop and urine and she moans a lot despite giving her pain pills I love my dog to much or I would not of spent the money on her but I'm starting to think her quality of life isn't what I would want for mine and it might be time to say goodbye.I don't have children and I care for my pets better than most care for their kids so of course I'm a wreck.Alice will be my last pet as I am not strong enough to deal with this again.

#156 6 years ago

Rip Gizmo and peace to you Superbee.my heart is heavy for you as I still feel the pain of my last lose and fear the pain of the next.take solace in knowing you did everything a friend could.

9 months later
#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

The day after valentine's i awoke to my best friends ( 9 year old german shorthair)entire back end being paralyzed out of nowhere.we took her to the vet but they figured she slipped a disk and would get better but it turned out it was a rare disease called dyscospondalitis so we had to operate immediately as the infection was quickly killing her.I had been driving a 93 cutlass and luckily I had saved $18000 for a new vehicle that i desperatly needed but I spent every penny on my Alice plus some.I'm probably around 20k at this point and although she is able to walk again albeit like a baby deer, she can walk but now she is having control issues with her poop and urine and she moans a lot despite giving her pain pills I love my dog to much or I would not of spent the money on her but I'm starting to think her quality of life isn't what I would want for mine and it might be time to say goodbye.I don't have children and I care for my pets better than most care for their kids so of course I'm a wreck.Alice will be my last pet as I am not strong enough to deal with this again.

Since my last post Alice has been having reoccurring bladder infections and we can get them to go away because of all her issues they just come back.last night I could not find her and found her collapsed in the yard.I took her to the vet and they believe the infection has hit her spine again and feel there really isn't much left we can do for her except send her off peacefully and humanely.I'm sitting with her now giving her some love and special treats while we wait for the vet to come to our home and send her off as peacefully as possible. It's so hard to make this decision and I'm crying like a bitch but at this point I think it would be selfish to put her through any more suffering.

#207 5 years ago

In the craziest turn of events as the vet was leaving to come to our home and put Alice down she got up and started walking again so they want me to bring her back for some test and they want to monitor her for a week before we go any farther.the tears are drying up but I know with her being 10 and all she's been through I'll be in this same spot next week or next year.this dog is just to tough for her own good making it hard to know what's going on with her and if it's her time.I'm starting to think she played me for a last meal of charcuterie.
First pic is at the vet this morning 2nd pic is her last meal pic and I even let her chew up the paper bowl

20180730_090907 (resized).jpg20180730_090907 (resized).jpg20180730_105847 (resized).jpg20180730_105847 (resized).jpg
#212 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone!!! She has a uti but that's pretty much normal and we'll get rid of it but it will come back in a month or 2 because she can't fully release her bladder.she can deal with it just cost me $400 every time because she's resistant to most antibiotics and we have to have a culture done to see what wI'll work this time and of course it's the pricey stuff.she's up and walking around like nothing happened the last 2 days.she was less than an hour away from being euthanized,I already signed the paper work and paid when we were at the vet earlier.

20180730_150318 (resized).jpg20180730_150318 (resized).jpg
#215 5 years ago

So sorry to hear but you sent her off in epic fashion and that's about all we can do for them.

9 months later
#243 4 years ago

I shed a small tear every time I open this thread

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-some-advice-about-letting-my-best-buddy-go?tu=Puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.