Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.png
#1 8 years ago

So with company coming over I went through the pins to ready them and Dredd now has issues it didn't have before:
*regular game won't start only super game but with no ball launch to start it. If I put a ball in play manually everything with work on the playfield but no launching to start.
*the coin door controls won't do anything. No volume adjust, or any adjustments or audits
*game only starts when supergame is pressed but ball launch still inoperable after starting
*after a few mins it'll go into ball search mode and the launch kicker will trigger just fine just not on regular start up

Any advice would greatly appreciated

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like a wire issue, so let me get this right;

The Start button does not work, the right fire button does not work, and maybe the left one also.

Have you been into switch edges to double check these, also test the tilt plum bob while in there, then from the last working switch or the first one not working follow the wire Green-Brown back to the next switch in the chain, and so on you may then find the break.

Good luck.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#3 8 years ago

Sound like a switch matrix issue. The first thing I would do is check the MPU for battery leakage as it sounds like 2 columns are out(the dedicated ground switches and column 1). Next, I would test continuity between the launch button and another button in that column, like the left outlane.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for your help. Can't get into switch tests as the door adjustments buttons won't do anything. It's driving me nuts

#5 8 years ago

As for the door switches have these worked for you before? Or is this a new to you machine?

As I had this once with a new to me machine the dang 4 switches were dud, but by carefully shorting out the contact behind the enter switch I could get into tests etc, if you're confident doing so try this.

Also double check all connectors by coin door that they are 'home' and not shunted up by say 1 pin, also worth doing the same in the backbox.

#6 8 years ago

Hmmm. I'm going back in to try your suggestions

#7 8 years ago

What does your MPU board look like? Any battery damage? Leaking batteries?

RM

#8 8 years ago

Turns out the J212 connector had a wire that pulled out of its crimp. Board looks good. Game playing 100% now!!!

Thanks too all

#9 8 years ago

Unlike other wires J212 aspired to be an important wire.

#10 8 years ago

Game on....!!...... ..........Joey

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Turns out the J212 connector had a wire that pulled out of its crimp. Board looks good. Game playing 100% now!!!
Thanks too all

Love it when it is just a bad wire

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-with-dredd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.