20181110_234859 (resized).jpg
20190526_100944 (resized).jpg
20190804_125354 (resized).jpg
20190818_122148 (resized).jpg
cats chillin (resized).jpg
BD1229D3-7E52-4013-ABF7-0A24A3F74957 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190822_151341949 (resized).jpg
20190820_105026.jpg
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

#teamcat is trending

I don’t know what that means.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I took it as the general consensus is to keep the cat. Is a trial with allergy medication out of the question?

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I took it as the general consensus is to keep the cat. Is a trial with allergy medication out of the question?

We have tried everything the last 5 months.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We have tried everything the last 5 months.

I understand. I wish you much success in finding them a home. Just be patient even when it’s difficult.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Violet does not approve of you giving up your kitties for a woman...

Violet looks a whole lot like Miss Kitty ...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Feisty- orange - male
Princess- black - female

Go Team #FeistyPrincess!

#157 4 years ago

Dude keep the cats for Pete’s sake.

#158 4 years ago

How about a retirement home for the cats? That way they can give and receive all the love one can handle. Organizations bring pets to visit maybe one would be willing to keep them full time.

#159 4 years ago
giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#160 4 years ago

The chances of rehoming two cats together of that age especially are quite slim to be pragmatic about it.

Keep the cats

#161 4 years ago

AK's reaction to this thread

20190820_105026.jpg20190820_105026.jpg
#162 4 years ago

I'm pullin for Trekkie's cats Feisty and Princess to find an awesome new home, and that they will feel like they hit the jackpot!

#163 4 years ago

Not a huge cat person. Hell at times I wanna kill my dog (don't we all?). But. Through thick and thin, he's always here for me. Always happy to see me. Always greets me. Comes over when I need a hug. Guess where my wife is? Not my wife anymore. Ditch the girl, keep the cats. I'd protect my dog with my life because he'd do the same for me.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Not a huge cat person. Hell at times I wanna kill my dog (don't we all?). But. Through thick and thin, he's always here for me. Always happy to see me. Always greets me. Comes over when I need a hug. Guess where my wife is? Not my wife anymore. Ditch the girl, keep the cats. I'd protect my dog with my life because he'd do the same for me.

I agree with everything you said except i never want to kill my dog. I love him even when hes being a shithead.....which isnt often actually because he's a extremely well mannered dog.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Guess where my wife is? Not my wife anymore.

Been there done that. Twice. AND with the same evil twat.

Through it all, the cats remained. She took the dog without me getting to even say good bye.

I’ve been thru some really really low dark points in my life bc of this woman. Sometimes to the point I didn’t know if I’d make it. The cats always kept a smile on my face.

Keep your cats man.

#166 4 years ago

Team Cat

IMG_20190822_151341949 (resized).jpgIMG_20190822_151341949 (resized).jpg
#167 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Anyone need a little friend?[quoted image]

Sure - is the cat included?

#169 4 years ago

#teamcat

BD1229D3-7E52-4013-ABF7-0A24A3F74957 (resized).jpegBD1229D3-7E52-4013-ABF7-0A24A3F74957 (resized).jpeg
#170 4 years ago

#teamcat

cats chillin (resized).jpgcats chillin (resized).jpg
#171 4 years ago

#teamcat

Bought pure bread brother and sister at birth, found the third a year ago in a pet store and she was beyond sad in the cage. We had to save her.

Duke, Dutchess and Princess. ( I have 2 girls who named them, lol )
20180916_161542 (resized).jpg20180916_161542 (resized).jpg20181110_234859 (resized).jpg20181110_234859 (resized).jpg20190526_100944 (resized).jpg20190526_100944 (resized).jpg20190804_125354 (resized).jpg20190804_125354 (resized).jpg20190818_122148 (resized).jpg20190818_122148 (resized).jpg

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

#teamcat
Bought pure bread brother and sister at birth, found the third a year ago in a pet store and she was beyond sad in the cage. We had to save her.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cute, but my god, I can’t imagine the hair all over the place. They are very fuzzy I had a shorthair and he left traces everywhere

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Very cute, but my god, I can’t imagine the hair all over the place. They are very fuzzy I had a shorthair and he left traces everywhere

Oh yeah! its a shit show and both the wife and I have allergies and take pills. It was either cats or Siberian huskies, I saw that house and hard passed.

#174 4 years ago

Here is the answer...play this

#175 4 years ago

One way or another, life is all about the pussy.

65BE6197-3504-4920-9DA3-CB2AD95758B0 (resized).jpeg65BE6197-3504-4920-9DA3-CB2AD95758B0 (resized).jpeg
#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

One way or another, life is all about the pussy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#177 4 years ago

#teamcat

#178 4 years ago

I sure hope this isnt the OP's cat.

Screenshot_2019-08-24-06-24-10-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-08-24-06-24-10-1 (resized).png
#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I sure hope this isnt the OP's cat. [quoted image]

So many questions ... who is Andrea Garfield, was she suffering a stroke as she wrote that text, and what does “N CESSPOOL” mean?

#180 4 years ago

My wife is allergic to cats & everything else.. seriously. With that being said we have owned cats since before we were married and still at present. She had a year of shots and now has built an immunity to them from having them be in our home. Perhaps move in and see how it goes before letting them go once its done its done. Consider an animal center that will take them and adopt them out together they are all over NJ. I would not be able to give up a pet unless all options failed. Best of Luck.

#181 4 years ago

Priorities: 1# Cats, #2 Pinball ..........#1,567 Girlfriend.

#182 4 years ago

What happened to the two cats?

63C75B91-2D93-4321-8C64-221851533ACC (resized).png63C75B91-2D93-4321-8C64-221851533ACC (resized).png
#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I sure hope this isnt the OP's cat. [quoted image]

Has the same markings. Hope not.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

What happened to the two cats?[quoted image]

I hear a kindly farmer upstate agreed to take them!

#185 4 years ago

The reality is that the odds are very slim that your two cats will find a new home together. There are just very few adopters looking for multiple adult cats compared to the numbers that are available due to owners passing away, families getting evicted, and yes, surrendering them due to allergies. So unless you find a person on your own that is willing to take on your cats, you’ve pretty much sentenced them at best to a very long stay in a shelter as they wait to be adopted, and at worst being put down in a cold clinical room alone and scared. They also might not get adopted together which is also traumatic for them. There are many articles written about how animals in shelters show clear signs of depression if they stay there too long and many more about the realities of older animals getting adopted.

I’m not judging you if you consider all of that and still are left feeling you have no other alternative to solving the situation you find yourself in. But you’ve spent all of these years taking excellent care of your cats, and it’s likely not just a simple matter of them having to adjust to someone new filling up the food bowl. It’s a VERY scary and horrible experience for your cats. All of that is why so many people are on this thread encouraging you to explore every option possible to resolve this without giving your cats up.

BTW, I have been at work 12-14 hours a day most of my career, and my cats are all fine, so not being home as much as before isn’t something you need to be concerned about. That’s a minor adjustment for them.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

The reality is that the odds are very slim that your two cats will find a new home together. There are just very few adopters looking for multiple adult cats compared to the numbers that are available due to owners passing away, families getting evicted, and yes, surrendering them due to allergies. So unless you find a person on your own that is willing to take on your cats, you’ve pretty much sentenced them at best to a very long stay in a shelter as they wait to be adopted, and at worst being put down in a cold clinical room alone and scared. They also might not get adopted together which is also traumatic for them. There are many articles written about how animals in shelters show clear signs of depression if they stay there too long and many more about the realities of older animals getting adopted.
I’m not judging you if you consider all of that and still are left feeling you have no other alternative to solving the situation you find yourself in. But you’ve spent all of these years taking excellent care of your cats, and it’s likely not just a simple matter of them having to adjust to someone new filling up the food bowl. It’s a VERY scary and horrible experience for your cats. All of that is why so many people are on this thread encouraging you to explore every option possible to resolve this without giving your cats up.
BTW, I have been at work 12-14 hours a day most of my career, and my cats are all fine, so not being home as much as before isn’t something you need to be concerned about. That’s a minor adjustment for them.

Well said. We had two cats for 4 years and everything was great until we walked into the pet store that day. I have never seen an animal so upset before. I made the decision to bring her home and give her the life she deserved. Its been very hard, already having 2 current cats who don't like her but it was the right choice in the end.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

A shelter is not something I will ever consider.

My cats adjust well with strangers. I’ve had a couple friends live with me through the years (going through a divorce). When friends come over to visit to watch football or something, after an hour, they’re in my friends laps.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has the same markings. Hope not.

And i think close to the same area maybe, and the owner dropped it off due to allergies! Hmm......

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A shelter is not something I will ever consider.

Thats good because that wouldn't end well for the kitties for sure.

#190 4 years ago

Someone is going to a lake of fire.

#191 4 years ago

When your parents had guests over is different from your parents dropping you off at a stranger's house.

This thread is a huge bummer.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats good because that wouldn't end well for the kitties for sure.

I know. That’s why I won’t consider it.

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Shocking.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

#teamcat[quoted image]

That harness is badass, haha reminds me of Gottlieb Spring Break

#195 4 years ago

Just want to put a thank you out to everyone who has sent me private messages.

I'm still looking for a new home for them that is preferably closer to NJ.

#196 4 years ago

Good luck in your search. I rehomed my cat when my girlfriend (now wife) moved in with me because he hated her. He would tear apart her clothes and use her stuff as an alternative litter box. I gave him to a nursing home where my uncle lived. It was the best thing I ever did. It brought so much joy to their lives.

This is kind of an odd question but what kind of heating system do you have? It makes a difference. My son has asthma and we all really wanted a dog. But when we visited my parents he had a difficult time breathing because they had short haired dogs and forced hot air heat (oil furnace) which we found made symptoms worse despite my parents being clean freaks. So we gambled and got a dog with hair figuring there would be little dander and had no issues. We gambled two years later and got a short haired dog and had no issues either. We have electric heat. We had found that it had to be a combination of factors where he had issues. He really hasn’t had any issues ever since we got a short haired dog. even at my parents house. They are the best of friends and are always together.

CF82E6C7-DFBC-42F4-8741-771BD7D7456B (resized).jpegCF82E6C7-DFBC-42F4-8741-771BD7D7456B (resized).jpeg

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Good luck in your search. I rehomed my cat when my girlfriend (now wife) moved in with me because he hated her. He would tear apart her clothes and use her stuff as an alternative litter box.
[quoted image]

You chose poorly. Cats sense evil. I would put 50 bucks on your wife being the one who hated the cat and gave off bad vibes toward the cat. Your girlfriend wanted the cat gone so she tore up her own clothes and shit on her own stuff and blamed it on the cat. Good luck to you sir, you’re gonna need it.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You chose poorly. Cats sense evil. I would put 50 bucks on your wife being the one who hated the cat and gave off bad vibes toward the cat. Your girlfriend wanted the cat gone so she tore up her own clothes and shit on her own stuff and blamed it on the cat. Good luck to you sir, you’re gonna need it.

lol. 14 years later and she still tolerates me. Even when random pins and other fun toys show up out of the blue. No complaints here.

Although he was an awesome cat. I have to see if I can find a picture. He is pretty crazy looking.He was born with one eye and the other eye he was partially blind in. He was a rescue.

#199 4 years ago

team cat!

DSC01138 (resized).JPGDSC01138 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).jpgIMG_0002 (resized).jpg
#200 4 years ago

Wow, I think I’d want to die if I gave my cat away. Don’t know how you’re doing it man.

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-re-homing-my-2-cats/page/4?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.