Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B20F024E-45C9-4F60-A805-7A4C96DF267B (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
6D4AC51A-371E-4889-BF9A-8CEEAB70227F (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KING-HENRY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hey Guys, I’m new with installing a shaker motor with Sterns S.A.M. 2007 spiderman. I bought the cointaker RED TREMOR kit, and the directions are horrible for the sam system (imo). I would like a plain-jane schematic of where what wire goes where, including the shker pcb board connections..

any help would be excellent!
Regards, King Henry

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago

Just started my day, I will check out that vid! And thx on the ‘volume control ‘ idea!

#7 1 year ago

Man! That video from down under made my tinnitus bad! (Night bugs, lol). It looks straight forward, up until he connects things. My kit came with 2 extra harnesses, one already plugged in, then the Z-connector wire. Do I need the Z-connector wire? Also, I think the previous owner has used up that aux power for the led backbox lighting.

#8 1 year ago

Looks like the power wire is already being used. Not sure what it’s powering.

#9 1 year ago

Looks like the ground connector is also hooked up, within its own harness (the connector I need for the shaker). Any input on what that is connected to?

#10 1 year ago

Upon further inspection, I’ve noticed a little hackery. I’m not sure,but looks like an added ground (obviously will test). It seems as if it already had a shaker motor installed before, but rigged up differently.

6D4AC51A-371E-4889-BF9A-8CEEAB70227F (resized).jpeg6D4AC51A-371E-4889-BF9A-8CEEAB70227F (resized).jpeg
#11 1 year ago

Almost like someone already made a harness for a shaker. This connector would easily plug in (correct me if I’m wrong!), except it’s keyed in one position..do these Sterns have this connector dangling here by default?? Wondering without testing yet, but i was thinking I could key that out and plug it into the shaker pcb. ?? Not that I would yet, without testing stuff/understanding

#15 1 year ago

Solved! I was right on my assumption. I drilled out the key on that connector, plugged it in, and it works. You guys aren’t shittin; this motor is crazy, even on ‘moderate’. I ordered the volume!! Glad I could put my intuition at work today.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I installed the pwn controller to be able to dial it down a bit because it was super rowdy out of the box. Of course try it without the pwm controller but if you want to tone it down this is what I used.
amazon.com link »

No kidding! Even on moderate, it’s waaayy overkill. Felt like it was gonna knock my teeth out..I was actually expecting more on Spiderman..it goes off at good points in the game, but not implemented as well as the newer machines (like my x-men le for example). Still awesome though. If i change my mind, I’ll throw it in my LotR, if I do the chip swaps on that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KING-HENRY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-installing-a-shaker-motor-in-sterns-sam-spider-man-?tu=KING-HENRY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.