• Latest reply 6 years ago by G-P-E
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37B876A6-4024-4631-AB41-7ED5A1B1B003 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Does anyone know the part nummber for the brown female connectors at J212 and J206/J208?

This is on a CPU board from a CFTBL.

37B876A6-4024-4631-AB41-7ED5A1B1B003 (resized).jpeg37B876A6-4024-4631-AB41-7ED5A1B1B003 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Just looks like standard 8 and 9 pin molex connectors.

#3 6 years ago

If it's on the cpu, they're probably 0.1" molex connectors. But the parts are cheaper than the shipping, and connectors can cause lots of problems, it would be good to have a stash of various sizes of both 0.1" and 0.156" on hand, with pins for each, and a crimping tool.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=68

#4 6 years ago

Also note that if the connector itself is not burned it can be reused with new Molex crimp connectors installed on the wires then re-inserted into the connector. Generally it is best to not only replace the crimp connectors in the plug, but to also remove and replace the pins on the board...like a motor cycle...you don't put new chain on old sprockets...

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for all the help.

I really appreciate it. I need to keep some of these on hand for sure and get a crimping tool. I’ll check them to see if I can reuse them as well.

I have a new CPU board, so I’m good on the pins on the board go.

#6 6 years ago

A little tip on removing the existing connectors from the plastic plug. Us a small screw driver...small enough to fit in the slot where the tab is that holds the connector in the housing. Since you will be replacing the Molex connector, no need to be gentle with the old one. Insert the screw driver blade into the slot and use enough force to bend the tab out of the way. Then the old connector will slide right out. When rebuilding a plug, I do the wires one at a time...Pull the old connector out...snip it off...strip and crimp a new connector on it and then put it back in....just work your way down the plug....pay attention to empty spaces in the plug!

#7 6 years ago

Other people answered the real part of this one. I'll answer the useless one...
Actually - they aren't brown, they are(were) "brick red". All molex 0.1" plugs used to come in brick red, they have now changed over t white.

If replacing the entire plug (doesn't look necessary as these are easy to reuse) - don't forget to buy 'keys': 15-04-9209

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 24.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-identifying-a-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.