Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mystic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I generally prefer to trade games, but I now I need to sell a few before my girlfriend smothers me with a pillow as I sleep. My first child is due in less then two months, and my pin collection has creeped out of my basement and into the rest of my house. I have narrowed down the list of "for sale pins" to 5, but I cant decide which ones. It is dependent on price, but I need to sell at least 3 of them. I am asking for ballpark prices that I should ask for. Any help or suggestions from the people of pinside would be appreciated.

Gorgar. New rottendog mpu/driver board. New pinscore power supply and displays. Backglass is ok. Has been touched up and sealed. Playfield is good, with lots of ball swirls but no wear. Cabinet is Ok, pretty typical nicks and scratches. This is a tough one for me to price because of all the money tied up in boards and display. This is the only game I am selling for certain(not really kid friendly art)

NBA Fastbreak. Really nice condition.

Demolition Man. Playfield and ramps are perfect. Cabinet has some fade I think, and gun handles are worn.

Sorcerer. This is another tough one for to judge. Backglass is perfect. Playfield has no wear. Mylar has lifted on some of the inserts. I started to remove the mylar in some areas, and it peeled off easily. I plan on finishing the mylar removal down the road if I keep the game.

Red and Teds Road show. I just picked this up in non-working condition. Its working fine now except for the eyes. Claened up really nice, I just dont know if I like it very much. bad orange cab fade on one side. Slight hole wear, but otherwise playfield is really nice

#2 11 years ago

I'd never heard of Sorcerer before . . . that sure is a good looking pin. You have a nice collection of machines. Congrats.

#3 11 years ago

Judging by recent local sales (New England)I'd say

NBAFB $1300
DM $1500
Road Show $1700

#4 11 years ago

I see what you did there

#5 11 years ago

Sorcerer went for $850 (one bid) on eBay. Good condition with no issues. Gorgar usually goes for $800 to $900 in good condition. Unfortunately, I don't think your new boards will add much value. They're expensive, but fall under 'maintenance.'

Sorcerer is an awesome pin and I'm looking forward to seeing your ad.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorcerer went for $850 (one bid) on eBay. Good condition with no issues.

Actually, that is kind of a relief. This is the last one I want to sell and I thought it was worth more.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Gorgar usually goes for $800 to $900 in good condition. Unfortunately, I don't think your new boards will add much value. They're expensive, but fall under 'maintenance.'

I figured the boards wouldn't add much value, but I was also guessing Gorgar was a $500-$600 dollar game.

Thanks for the input. Keep the opinions coming, I would really like to avoid the "Shazaam' when I add them to the market

#7 11 years ago

Don't let the price police dictate what you want for your games. Do some research (like you're doing) and put what you think is a fair price on them. Let the chips fall where they may and the market will decide what is fair when they sell. You won't make everyone happy any way you look at it, all that matters is that you sell the games you want to sell and that you and the buyer are satisfied.

Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

I would really like to avoid the "Shazaam' when I add them to the market

#8 11 years ago

I generally prefer to trade games, but I now I need to sell a few before my girlfriend smothers me with a pillow as I sleep. My first child is due in less then two months, and my pin collection has creeped out of my basement and into the rest of my house. I have narrowed down the list of "for sale pins" to 5, but I cant decide which ones.

Keep the pins. I'm thinking it's time for a new gf.

#9 11 years ago

I agree with shredso's take, except I would probably bump nba to $1500 asking since you never see that for sale around here. Good luck with the sales, the market seems to be pretty soft lately...especially around here with the recent flood of inventory coming into the area.

#10 11 years ago

I know I just sold a Roadshow in the Az/Ca area for $2400. Shazzam me all you want. It was pretty much what I had into the game. I wouldn't sell th RS for less than $2100 unless its in below average condition.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I know I just sold a roadshow in the Az/Ca area for $2400. Shazzam me all you want. It was pretty much what I had into the game. I wouldn't sell th RS for less than $2100 unless its in below average condition.

His RS is in "non working condition". Can't compare it to yours Chad. It is sweet!

#12 11 years ago

I obviously didn't read it well enough. My Bad

#13 11 years ago

Sorry to hear you have to move them when you might not want to. How long have you had the Road Show up and running? I got a RS about 5 months back. At the end of month one I was thinking about selling it. By the end of month 2 I was declaring it my personal favorite. That was my experience. It might just not be for you, but I'd recommend giving it a fair shake first. It sounds like you are in a bit of a time crunch so that might not work. If the eyes are the only issue with no wear other than the start city hole (cliffy) than I think $2100 is definitely a fair starting point. I don't know much about the New England prices mentioned above, but when I was looking for RS anything near 2k was an instant call or email to get info. I wound up getting mine for around $1700 + shipping, and I felt pretty good about the deal on my end. Good luck with the sale, GF, and baby.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Now THAT is some darn good advice!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 11 years ago

DM is really that cheap wow! Its gonna be easy to hit my limit on pins if I have one.
this is the agreement my future wife and I worked out (getting married in oct) She has say on what the upstairs looks like and i get the basement. The house we are getting should have a basement if not our agreement is off. lol
the comment about the DM is cause I have seen the ebay ads with no bids putting it at 4500. but that would be y it has no ads

Post edited by royce6135 : clarifacation

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

I agree with shredso's take, except I would probably bump nba to $1500 asking since you never see that for sale around here. Good luck with the sales, the market seems to be pretty soft lately...especially around here with the recent flood of inventory coming into the area.

+1

Bobby at Bene just got in over 20 games all DMD all from the 90's. Some Williams, some DE / Sega and a bunch of Gottlieb titles. He still has some newer Sterns but said they are being shopped. Prices are starting at $700 unshopped.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I concur

#18 11 years ago

My first child is due in less then two months

Keep the girlfriend.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

I got a RS about 5 months back. At the end of month one I was thinking about selling it. By the end of month 2 I was declaring it my personal favorite.

Yeah, I wasn't quite ready to give up on it yet. The layout and design just seems like something I would enjoy, but it just hasn't quite grabbed me yet.

As for dropping the girlfriend, we originally agreed to purchasing no more than 3 pins. Fair to say she has been pretty flexible so far, but I think I finally crossed the line with #10 coming in this week. Perfect example of a lesson I learned from Pinsiders, "Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

#20 11 years ago

As for dropping the girlfriend, we originally agreed to purchasing no more than 3 pins. Fair to say she has been pretty flexible so far, but I think I finally crossed the line with #10 coming in this week. Perfect example of a lesson I learned from Pinsiders, "Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

Yikes! After seeing this typed out, I clearly am an ass. I suppose I am not he only one here who has come to this self realization

#21 11 years ago

Pm sent jewboy

#22 11 years ago

I'd love to have the Sorcerer, I wish you were closer to me.

#23 11 years ago

$100 is a fair price for demo man, and I will pay you to ship it here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-from-the-price-police-and-shazammers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.