2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D9291403-F1A4-4D00-9AC3-9A58A05343A7 (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

I have created this account because I need to ask for help, but I didn't know who to ask. I am looking at a pinball machine on Pinballsarcadegames.com and I am wondering about the legitimacy of the seller.

I have been searching for this particular machine for over 10 years, but all owners refuse to sell because of the rarity of the game OR I just can't afford the asking price. This website is selling one within my budget and I am over the moon. However, the seller is vague about payment and the website seems shoddy. He says I can either drive to their warehouse to pick up the machine or they can deliver it to me (5 states away) for a fee, and that the overall price is negotiable. Can someone please tell me if this website or this behavior is legitimate?
    Thank you so much!

Edit:

ForceFlow this website won't let me reply to you. I have never owned or bought a pinball machine before so I don't know much about it. The game I'm looking for is a 2003 Lord of the Rings pinball. I've spoken to experts and enthusiasts in multiple different states who have all told me that it's a rare and highly sought after machine, which is why I've never been able to afford one. I was very excited about this, I even told my family about it. Thank you for your help with the scam website. I will just keep searching.

#2 2 years ago

That is a scam site. Do *not* send that site any money. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of those scam sites popping up within the last few years.

Here is a guide with links to legitimate game distributors and a long list of scam sites to stay away from:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites/

What is the game that you are looking for? You could try putting up a WTB here in the pinside marketplace:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballLotr:

The game I'm looking for is a 2003 Lord of the Rings pinball. I've spoken to experts and enthusiasts in multiple different states who have all told me that it's a rare and highly sought after machine,

It's not really very rare. I usually see several up for sale during the course of every year. Rare is typically less than a few hundred games manufactured. There were about 5100 LOTR games made, plus about 500 of the Limited Edition made.

LOTRs used to go for around $5k-$6k pre-covid, but now they seemed to have settled in around $6k-$8k, depending on condition and if certain mods are present in the game (such as a colorDMD).

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballLotr:

I have been searching for this particular machine for over 10 years, but all owners refuse to sell because of the rarity of the game

Here ya go:

#5 2 years ago

Yeah, absolutely no way this is legit IMO.

D9291403-F1A4-4D00-9AC3-9A58A05343A7 (resized).jpegD9291403-F1A4-4D00-9AC3-9A58A05343A7 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.