• Yes! 32 votes
    42%
  • No! 45 votes
    58%

(77 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lol_face_by_rober_raik-d4cm1yl.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I paid $1350 for the game in the flea market at Allentown

Perfect. Don't mention the rest of it. IM is a $1350 machine unmodded.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

To me rarity has nothing to do with it... It's just a damn fun game! IMHO no other pin has the "just one more game" effect more than IM, I literally finish a game and am pawing for the start button as soon as the 3rd ball rolls into the trough.

Agreed. For a certain small segment of players, Iron Man is the ultimate game. I can honestly say I don't think another game will ever surpass it as my favorite. I am someone who doesn't like paying tons for machines, when I got iron man it was almost triple my next most expensive purchase, but for my play style, it's perfect.

Having said that, I can totally see how some people would really dislike it's play. It's definitely not for everyone.

#45 9 years ago

Oh, and at least for me, rarity has nothing to do with it. Usually, games that are rare are rare for a really good reason - they aren't so good.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BSD can most certainly be placed in the same conversation with IM in terms of "just one more game"
So can FT.

See, IM sort of broke me on BSD - I like BSD, but it went from must own to someday I'll get one when I picked up IM. As for FT, it's one of the few games that I really just don't enjoy at all. Avatar is fine.

For me, I like a game that has a good risk / reward with each shot. If you don't shoot it right, the more wrong you shoot the shot, the more it should punish you. Most games have a shot or two you really need to hit right or you're in trouble. Iron Man is every single shot - if you don't nail the ramp, it's shooting SDTM. If you don't hit the Monger on the edges, he's tossing the ball uncontrollably. If you don't hit the middle shot dead on, it's dribbling back SDTM. Timing of ball catches from the orbit is important or you'll lose control into the slings. That's the sort of precision control that I love about pins that Iron Man gives me on every single shot. If I have a good game going, it's because I'm hitting everything perfectly. If my game is sort of sucking, it's because I have been shooting poorly. There is almost no luck with it, even though it has elements like the magnets that can help control luck... but you can avoid them.

Avatar, while having similar rules, has a few shots that don't need to be perfectly accurate to not have an immediate ball save issue happening. BSD has a few shots that come out in an unpredictable way, which is what has knocked it down a bit for me. IM has predictability with it's shots every time, and only accuracy shows you how you'll end up.

They could have themed it to Barbie and it would still be my favorite game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-an-iron-man?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.