Topic poll

“I think Robert Deserves an Iron Man”

• Yes! 32 votes
    42%
  • No! 45 votes
    58%

(77 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lol_face_by_rober_raik-d4cm1yl.png

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I want an Iron man, and have for quite a while, an am willing to pay bottom dollar.

I tried to buy 2 different ones from cointaker, but they wouldn't sell to me, so now I'm out trolling with the common folk.

Someone take pity on me and cough one up!

Thanks.

Robert

#2 6 years ago

I'm thinking you will have a better chance of getting one if you offered top dollar, instead of bottom dollar.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

am willing to pay bottom dollar.

lol_face_by_rober_raik-d4cm1yl.png

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I want an Iron Man, and have for quite a while, an am willing to pay bottom dollar.
I tried to buy 2 different ones from cointaker, but they wouldn't sell to me, so now I'm out trolling with the common folk.
Thanks.
Robert

You have a ST premium, a SM, and a Getaway and you want someone to take pity on you?

Can I play too? Someone sell me a bottom dollar Tron LE!

#5 6 years ago

I need a Barracora cheaply for an operation for my mother. Please help.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

lol_face_by_rober_raik-d4cm1yl.p... 52 KB

I don't look like that!

#7 6 years ago

Bad timing..This game is super hot right now..Maybe when new machines start coming out some might shake loose. I wouldn't count on it though..

#8 6 years ago

71% No...there is no love here!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

71% No...there is no love here!

I'm on your team, pal. I voted YES for you. Everyone should play/own one

#10 6 years ago

we got one in at work and I don't see what all the hype is about. seems repetitive to me and gets that way really quickly.

#11 6 years ago

I voted yes......but it's gonna cost ya!!

#12 6 years ago

My ''flood'' Iron Man is fully up and running....and you'd never know it was in a flood if you played it! and I paid bottom dollar for it.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

My ''flood'' Iron Man is fully up and running....and you'd never know it was in a flood if you played it! and I paid bottom dollar for it.

Please tell us how bottom was the bottom. I'm very curious

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Please tell us how bottom was the bottom. I'm very curious

I paid $1350 for the game in the flea market at Allentown.

-Replaced the translight and glass
-Replaced the bottom of the cabinet
-countless cleaning hours
-full board set (new)
-flipper rebuild
-iron monger motor
-led flipper buttons
-full side rails
-pinnovators headphone jack
-flipper fidelity speaker kit
-misc pieces and parts

total including cost of the game, came to just under $3000

#15 6 years ago

I voted yes, the guy has a city named after him. Give this man an IronMan!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

we got one in at work and I don't see what all the hype is about. seems repetitive to me and gets that way really quickly.

That is an interesting viewpoint. To me, at least. I almost flirted with this same thought though, but I think it's too early for me to make that call just yet. I have played less than 20 full games on any iron Man, mine included.

There have been a couple times where I am feeling like, ''okay, what do I shoot next?'' and I don't want to say I feel like ''oh darn, here comes Iron Monger ahhh gain'' but it almost feels that way- until I start bashing on it, and get a mutliball I guess.

However, it is stupid fast, and it does flow very well for having some narrow shots. The magnets are fun. There are times I feel like it sounds like Big Buck Hunter, or even plays a little like because of the War machine shot.

With that said, I did just have an amazing game, where I lit and finished Jericho for 50 million. The verdict is still out, I like it okay so far.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I voted yes......but it's gonna cost ya!!

Which is why I voted "NO". He said he is willing to pay "bottom dollar".

#18 6 years ago

There have been a couple times where I am feeling like, ''okay, what do I shoot next?'' and I don't want to say I feel like ''oh darn, here comes Iron Monger again'' but it almost feels that way- until I start bashing on it, and get a mutliball I guess.

Iron Monger comes up too often. Sometimes not shooting certain shots is as important as shooting certain shots.

#19 6 years ago

I paid $1350 for the game in the flea market at Allentown.
-Replaced the translight and glass
-Replaced the bottom of the cabinet
-countless cleaning hours
-full board set (new)
-flipper rebuild
-iron monger motor
-led flipper buttons
-full side rails
-pinnovators headphone jack
-flipper fidelity speaker kit
-misc pieces and parts
total including cost of the game, came to just under $3000

Well done sir!! Your hard work and hours of rehab saved you a bunch. You'll be able to sell it for around double that easy when/if you are ready. I need to look into that headphone jack mod. I'll head to pinnovators right now. I just paid 800 for a brand new play field from Bay Area Amusements. Hoping it's not a mistake because it said they had it in stock and now it shows out of stock. Hope I got the last one.

#20 6 years ago

There have been a couple times where I am feeling like, ''okay, what do I shoot next?'' and I don't want to say I feel like ''oh crap, here comes Iron Monger ahhh gain'' but it almost feels that way- until I start bashing on it, and get a mutliball I guess.

Set Monger to rise only on the center shot and not the orbits.

#21 6 years ago

I paid 4200 for mine.Cleaned it up and played on it for a few months then traded it for a MET pro. Then three months later the value shot up on this title.How? Did blackrose raise the market by himself somehow.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

am willing to pay bottom dollar

I will pay one dollar over this guys bottom dollar bid. So sell to me instead of him because I want one oh so bad that I pay 1.00 over bottom dollar.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Also require the full IRON MONGER to be spelled instead of just MONGER.

On topic...my IM could be pried for a LOTRLE, METLE, or maybe a MET premium.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I want an Iron Man, and have for quite a while, an am willing to pay bottom dollar.
Thanks.
Robert

If you meant to say "bottom dollar," dude... high five Love it.

#25 6 years ago

Someone show me a TRON pro, and I'd be interested in trading

#26 6 years ago

Well played, mr San Ramon

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Xscrapiron:

paid 4200 for mine.Cleaned it up and played on it for a few months then traded it for a MET pro. Then three months later the value shot up on this title.How? Did blackrose raise the market by himself somehow.

It is funny every year there are a couple months where people go crazy for IM. It seems to coincide with the spring time? A couple months ago they were $4500-$5000 all day long. Now $6000-$7450-WOW. Iron Man is a good title but I think it is the flavor of the month as well.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

You have to tweak some settings and the Iron Monger raise by shooting up the center Spinner is the way to go I think. That's the same shot you have to make to get the first 3million jackpot anyway so it gives you practice.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It is funny every year there are a couple months where people go crazy for IM. It seems to coincide with the spring time? A couple months ago they were $4500-$5000 all day long. Now $6000-$7450-WOW. Iron Man is a good title but I think it is the flavor of the month as well.

IM is the flavor of many months. If IM has multiple seasonal runs of exceptionally high popularity that is true validation of its status as an exceptional game.

You still bangin' that classic?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

No offense man but I am so glad these guys talked me out of buying your classic. The pro, with all it's magnets, kickback and teeth was the way to go. LOVE mine

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks.
Robert

Cointaker still sells to anyone with an offer they like, correct?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Cointaker still sells to anyone with an offer they like, correct?

I was told that Chris has one, but won't sell it (after several emails and phone calls).

Then they got one they will sell, and sell it w/o giving me a chance at it.

So, perhaps if I offered Chris $10K he'd probably take it...but that's a bit over my top, bottom dollar bid.

Quoted from srmonte:

I will pay one dollar over this guys bottom dollar bid. So sell to me instead of him because I want one oh so bad that I pay 1.00 over bottom dollar.

Out bid again...

Robert

#33 6 years ago

nobody "needs" any pinball machine, my friend. There are plenty of good games out there, go buy yourself a new Met Pro for several grand less and have some fun until you find a iron man.

#34 6 years ago

Seriously sounds like a girl in a prada store... -OMG I just gotta have one now!

#35 6 years ago

I just bought the last play field Bay Area amusements had for sale! Man I am happy as hell to have a brand new one. As soon as they make a play field protector for Iron Man, I'm buying!!

#37 6 years ago

I paid $1350 for the game in the flea market at Allentown

Perfect. Don't mention the rest of it. IM is a $1350 machine unmodded.

#38 6 years ago

Well looks like OP won't be getting an Iron Man. Sucks

#39 6 years ago

To me its a head scratcher. I liked the game right from the start, but did not like it enough to buy it. Its a good game, but it might be the most over hyped game on pinside. When I look at my own collection and realize I would have to sell my mintish JP and SST + cash to buy an IM..... Well its just not that good to me. If its a rarity coveting situation, my SST fills that need, and I prefer it anyway.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

To me its a head scratcher. I liked the game right from the start, but did not like it enough to buy it. Its a good game, but it might be the most over hyped game on pinside. When I look at my own collection and realize I would have to sell my mintish JP and SST + cash to buy an IM..... Well its just not that good to me. If its a rarity coveting situation, my SST fills that need, and I prefer it anyway.

To me rarity has nothing to do with it... It's just a damn fun game! IMHO no other pin has the "just one more game" effect more than IM, I literally finish a game and am pawing for the start button as soon as the 3rd ball rolls into the trough.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

To me rarity has nothing to do with it... It's just a damn fun game! IMHO no other pin has the "just one more game" effect more than IM, I literally finish a game and am pawing for the start button as soon as the 3rd ball rolls into the trough.

And thats ok. I feel that way about a lot of pins (just one more game) I have just never felt the game is worth paying over 4k let alone 5.5k, YMMV

Based on the OPs collection I would pic a different game per price is all I'm saying.

Also, you liking the game may not have anything to do with the rarity, but it does the price point. I like IM a lot, but there are a bunch of other games that are better than it for less money, so I can't justify buying it.

#42 6 years ago

Then there is that awkward moment I realize I'm having a price point / fun / rarity debate with a dude who has MM, IM, TH, and RHZA listed in his collection.

Jab

IM is a good game though.

#43 6 years ago

Hold on to your hats people, just sayin'.
Scott.

#44 6 years ago

Agreed. For a certain small segment of players, Iron Man is the ultimate game. I can honestly say I don't think another game will ever surpass it as my favorite. I am someone who doesn't like paying tons for machines, when I got iron man it was almost triple my next most expensive purchase, but for my play style, it's perfect.

Having said that, I can totally see how some people would really dislike it's play. It's definitely not for everyone.

#45 6 years ago

Oh, and at least for me, rarity has nothing to do with it. Usually, games that are rare are rare for a really good reason - they aren't so good.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Where do you work?

#47 6 years ago

hmmm. The interesting thing about IM, is nobody really mentions they love it because it's ''IM''. It's usually because it's a fast game, the magnets, it's fun...

If you haven't looked at Avatar, I strongly suggest you do, and it costs about half. It is the same code style of game, and I personally think the amp suit shot is one of the best shots in all of pinball, along with the link...

#48 6 years ago

hmmm. The interesting thing about IM, is nobody really mentions they love it because it's ''IM''. It's usually because it's a fast game, the magnets, it's fun...
If you haven't looked at Avatar, I strongly suggest you do, and it costs about half. It is the same code style of game, and I personally think the amp suit shot is one of the best shots in all of pinball, along with the link...

I suggest you take 30 minutes and go read my thread, "I am in the market for an Iron Man". The theme is why I bought it. The gameplay was honestly a bonus.

#49 6 years ago

If you haven't looked at Avatar, I strongly suggest you do

I've never played an Avatar, so I can't really compare.

Quoted from goatdan:

when I got Iron Man it was almost triple my next most expensive purchase, but for my play style, it's perfect.

I'm not sure why I like it, but I have that feeling when I played it too.

Quoted from PEN:

I have just never felt the game is worth paying over 4k let alone 5.5k, YMMV

I really understand your point...it's used and really expensive (at least to me).

Robert

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

And thats ok. I feel that way about a lot of pins (just one more game) I have just never felt the game is worth paying over 4k let alone 5.5k, YMMV

To me there are very few pins that can even be mentioned in the same breath as IM when it comes to that "just one more game" pull. Even in my personal collection, none of my other pins can compete in that aspect.

I'd be curious to know which pins you think have that "just one more game" pull to them?

This is the second time around for me owning IM. Loved it then, love it now. There are not too many things not to like about the pin. Still gets me pumped up with adrenaline as much as any other pin I've ever owned.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside