Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hocuslocus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm wanting to put new connectors on my Game Plan Sharpshooter. I'm wanting to replace the mate n lock connectors between the backbox and the playfield. What I thought would be an easy find is not so much.. I considered just repining the connectors that are there but at mouser it would cost me nearly $50 to just repin. Any ideas of where to buy connectors that I could use to replace these at a cheaper rate? I assume molex would be the way to go? Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

I'll correct myself, the cost of repining the Mate N Lock connectors is $50 at Greatplains. They require that I order 100 pins for each size male and female.

#3 5 years ago

Did you check great plains electronics? Not sure on the gameplan connectors, but I buy most of my stuff there.

#4 5 years ago

Mouser or Digi-Key come to mind.

#5 5 years ago

Jameco?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

I'm wanting to replace the mate n lock connectors

Just the metal pins, or the plastic housings too?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just the metal pins, or the plastic housings too?

I would just do the metal pins but for the mate n locks it's going to cost $50 at Great Plains Electronics. I was hoping to find them less expensive or replace the plastic housing and pins if that could be done at a lesser price.

#8 5 years ago

Theyre $12.50 per 100 for male and female, that's $25 -

#9 5 years ago

It's going to be expensive no matter where you go.
Mouser -- 100 pins = $16.40, 100 sockets = $17.30
Digikey -- 100 pins = $18.79, 100 sockets = $18.24
Jameco -- nothing comparable to these.
Great Plains -- 100 pins = $12.50, 100 sockets = $12.50
For plastic body housing - the Great Plains pricing for is typically less than Mouser.

$25 worth of housings?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

For plastic body housing - the Great Plains pricing for is typically less than Mouser.
$25 worth of housings?

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0002092611/WM2297CT-ND/2405806
these pins are
they are 6.99 for 100
the female equivalent is about the same price as long as you buy them as "cut-tape" packaging
I like buying them in bulk packaging though, hate cutting them off the roll.
only checked molex, TE might have something cheaper

unless we are talking about a completely different thing, from the prices it seems we might be

#11 5 years ago

But those are 0.093" Molex, not Tyco Mate-N-Lok. Tyco tends to be costlier (and usually a better quality).

You can go to the Molex MLX series for some of the Mate-N-Loks.
GPE pins = 02-08-2006 = 50 for $6, 02-08-1004 = 50 for $6.
These are loose, phosphor-bronze contacts and not the cheaper cut from strips, brass contacts.

But only a few of the Molex MLX are compatible with the Mate-N-Loks.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

But those are 0.093" Molex, not Tyco Mate-N-Lok. Tyco tends to be costlier (and usually a better quality).
You can go to the Molex MLX series for some of the Mate-N-Loks.
GPE pins = 02-08-2006 = 50 for $6, 02-08-1004 = 50 for $6.
These are loose, phosphor-bronze contacts and not the cheaper cut from strips, brass contacts.
But only a few of the Molex MLX are compatible with the Mate-N-Loks.

gottcha, learn something new everyday.

I bought a bunch of these a while ago,
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/60618-6?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuzXLcWrSfMr4ViKJhN08eLH03%252bn2MoSNI%3d
they look completely different.
they are part of the mat n lok series. matching this stuff can get a little confusing.

#13 5 years ago

Ouch! 100 for $168.00. Buying the gold plated ones are rather painful.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Digikey -- 100 pins = $18.79, 100 sockets = $18.24
Jameco -- nothing comparable to these.
$25 worth of housings?

I read on another post that I actually need 2 different sizes? There are 2 different sizes of wire but not sure what size they are. Any idea if I could get buy with one size?

#15 5 years ago

Not a lot of info on Game plan machines. Can you post photos of the connectors you want to replace?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Not a lot of info on Game plan machines. Can you post photos of the connectors you want to replace?

I used my wire strippers to "measure" the size of the wires this morning. I believe they were 14 and 16 ga wires therefore only requiring one size. Made my order with GPE this morning.....

#17 5 years ago

Don’t have a Gameplans handy but I sure don’t remember any 14 or 16 gauge wiring in them? What I remember are 18 and smaller.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Ouch! 100 for $168.00. Buying the gold plated ones are rather painful.

ahhhh, maybe not the gold,
Sometimes I go big ballin on connectors, depending on my mood

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-a-source-for-new-connectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.