View topic image gallery

DSCN3851 (resized).JPG
9E1481C7-A45D-444D-940D-A30309A1AB4F (resized).png
5DC678FF-7972-4CD5-B384-8061AD4736DD (resized).jpeg
IMG_6467 (resized).JPG
CB88DB99-6678-497E-A64F-72512F93B538 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3829 (resized).JPG
DSCN3828 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

I Need a Gottlieb System 80 A4J1 Connector

Added: 2021-02-20 03:33:40 UTC • Ended: June 6th, 2021

Price

Wanted

Hi! I am looking for a blue, A4J1 connector with 19 pins for my Diamond Lady’s display. I have had no luck getting a hold of Docent Electronics so I hope someone has one laying around! Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinball-DOOD's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Pinball-DOOD's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Louisville, KY, US

#2 3 years ago

Hi ... i have many ones pulled from SYS 80 6 digit displays , 19 pins, but i dont know if it can run with that display board , specially for the key position.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from XPABLO:

Hi ... i have many ones pulled from SYS 80 6 digit displays , 19 pins, but i dont know if it can run with that display board , specially for the key position.

Thanks for contacting! Could you post a picture?

#4 3 years ago

from left, it is 4 /key / 4 / key / 4 /key / 3 / key / 4 total 19 pins, 4 keys 15 crimped cables

DSCN3828 (resized).JPGDSCN3828 (resized).JPGDSCN3829 (resized).JPGDSCN3829 (resized).JPG
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from XPABLO:

from left, it is 4 /key / 4 / key / 4 /key / 3 / key / 4 total 19 pins, 4 keys 15 crimped cables
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmmm, unfortunately I don’t think that would work on my game It’s a blue connector that is a lot thicker!

#6 3 years ago

Thank you though!

#7 3 years ago

Looks similar to this!

CB88DB99-6678-497E-A64F-72512F93B538 (resized).jpegCB88DB99-6678-497E-A64F-72512F93B538 (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago

Can you post a pic of your display connector?

This one has ribs
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=09-01-6191

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Can you post a pic of your display connector?
This one has ribs
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=09-01-6191

Will do!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

You can find them on ebay , jamma edge connector
ebay.com link: LOT5 Arcade Jamma Card Edge Connector 28 Pin Solder Socket for Arcade games DIY

Thanks! But do they have a 19 pin one?

#12 3 years ago

Im wondering if we can source ling connector material and just cut them to size for gottlieb connector needs? I always like to replace system 80 connectors to eliminate weird gremlins.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Im wondering if we can source long connector material and just cut them to size for gottlieb connector needs? I always like to replace system 80 connectors to eliminate weird gremlins.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Im wondering if we can source ling connector material and just cut them to size for gottlieb connector needs? I always like to replace system 80 connectors to eliminate weird gremlins.

connector housing went the real issue its the pins. but been actually looking into it have narrowed it down to a few choices and getting ready to put out a list. Would really love to find a screw type terminal to card edge.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

Thanks! But do they have a 19 pin one?

19 pin will be difficult to find I guess , you could make a " worst hack "

IMG_6467 (resized).JPGIMG_6467 (resized).JPG
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from thierryv:

19 pin will be difficult to find I guess , you could make a " worst hack " [quoted image]

Haha! That could work!

#17 3 years ago

I am hoping Docent comes back to us!

#18 3 years ago

The blue connector is not stock. You don’t NEED that exact one. Just make sure the one posted above had the same distancing of the groupings and it should work. All connectors in the game are .156

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The blue connector is not stock. You don’t NEED that exact one. Just make sure the one posted above had the same distancing of the groupings and it should work. All connectors in the game are .156

Yeah, looks like I will have to wait for Docent to come back

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good call!

#21 3 years ago

Looks like I may go with the Jamma for now and get the one from Docent whenever he gets back! So is the Jamma one .156?

#22 3 years ago

Looks like I may go with the Jamma for now and get the one from Docent whenever he gets back! So is the Jamma one .156?

Yes.

Also, you could make one:

Great Plains Electronics

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=77

Connector:

Part Number 09-01-6191

Pins:

Part Number 08-52-0072

If you can't get one made, I'm sure I could make one - just need pinouts.

If it's the same as used in Genesis or Raven, I've done those myself successfully. One side goes to board, second side splits and goes to display panel and power.

#23 3 years ago

The pins on your current one will can be removed one at a time and re-pinned with new crimp on .156 pins. I have been repairing this way and it works great.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from paugust1127:

The pins on your current one will can be removed one at a time and re-pinned with new crimp on .156 pins. I have been repairing this way and it works great.

He has the blue connectors that are direct solder. I don’t think those pins are removable or the same as the original connectors.

#25 3 years ago

Andrew. This is a picture of my connector that is attached to the display. It is the exact same connector that the person above offered up to you. Like I said, the blue connector is not required. Just making sure that is clear. Haha.

5DC678FF-7972-4CD5-B384-8061AD4736DD (resized).jpeg5DC678FF-7972-4CD5-B384-8061AD4736DD (resized).jpeg
#26 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Andrew. This is a picture of my connector that is attached to the display. It is the exact same connector that the person above offered up to you. Like I said, the blue connector is not required. Just making sure that is clear. Haha. [quoted image]

Oh okay, awesome! I’ll just make mine then!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Yes.
Also, you could make one:
Great Plains Electronics
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=77
Connector:
Part Number 09-01-6191
Pins:
Part Number 08-52-0072
If you can't get one made, I'm sure I could make one - just need pinouts.
If it's the same as used in Genesis or Raven, I've done those myself successfully. One side goes to board, second side splits and goes to display panel and power.

Perfect! Oh I can definitely make one from this. Thanks for sending! I think you solved my issue

#28 3 years ago

Also. Are both ends of the display wiring (at the display, and at the mpu) that blue connector?

That tells me those have been rebuilt in the past.

Maybe test continuity from one end of the connector to the other before rebuilding?

After you rebuild your connector you may not see an improvement if the current connectors are fine.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also. Are both ends of the display wiring (at the display, and at the mpu) that blue connector?
That tells me those have been rebuilt in the past.
Maybe test continuity from one end of the connector to the other before rebuilding?
After you rebuild your connector you may not see an improvement if the current connectors are fine.

Yes! They are but I asked Jeff and he told me he never replaced the one on the display so I’m hoping maybe it’s bad? I can check today. I honestly should just replace it I think. I like to know all the connectors are as fresh as possible haha.

#30 3 years ago

Fair enough. I hope that’s the issue.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair enough. I hope that’s the issue.

Same! I have been battling this thing for six months haha

#32 3 years ago

Looks like the 19-pin is out of stock. I guess I can use the 22? Haha I’ll just place the wires in a slightly different way so it aligns with the traces

#33 3 years ago

All part numbers from gottlieb tech notice, these are the solder type.

9E1481C7-A45D-444D-940D-A30309A1AB4F (resized).png9E1481C7-A45D-444D-940D-A30309A1AB4F (resized).png
#34 3 years ago

Looks like the 19-pin is out of stock. I guess I can use the 22? Haha I’ll just place the wires in a slightly different way so it aligns with the traces

Why not buy the one that was offered to you?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-a-gottlieb-system-80-a4j1-connector-#post-6146366

#36 3 years ago

I’ll need an extractor tool though

#37 3 years ago

I mean, would a 22 pin connector work?

#38 3 years ago

Tool for extracting those pins - get a set of jewler's flathead screwdrivers, find one that almost fits, and grind down the edges (or file them down) until they fit. You'll want to push in from the card edge (where it plugs into the board) side with the screwdriver.

This will take some time, don't pull hard, you'll be cursing your luck until you get it down.

But yes, there is a tool, and chances are if you order it, it will break after about a dozen extractions.

#39 3 years ago

Take it from the guy that sells tons of these extraction tools -- pb456 is 100% correct.

#40 3 years ago

Sounds good. I will have to do that. Thanks

#43 3 years ago
DSCN3851 (resized).JPGDSCN3851 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-a-gottlieb-system-80-a4j1-connector-?hl=hockeymutt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.