2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by AndrewKinton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bg-pc (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I don't know enough about SS games to find what I want. I know what features I'd like and was hoping for some recommendations.

1. Solid State
    2. Spinner that can be lit and can be ripped for big points
    3. Bonus advance that can be multiplied by completing drops, or something similar
    4. Bonus Collect Hole (I want something where you can collect the bonus during play, as opposed to only when the ball drains)
    5. Vary target would be cool, if possible

I think Super Orbit has what I want (except the spinner value can't be changed), but they appear to be hard to find.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just haven't played enough non-dmd games to know what's out there.

#2 2 years ago

You're probably not going to find any non-Gottlieb games with vari-targets. And I don't know of many Gottliebs with bonus collect. Bonus collect is going to narrow your choices a lot in general.

minus the vari-target:

Barracora. Skateball. Hotdoggin. Viking. Dracula.

Big Game doesn't quite have a *bonus* collect, but it does have the Big Game letters which can be lit and then repeatedly collected.

Seawitch has a shot to score the bonus, but unmultiplied.

Not clear on how bonus multiplier works in it, but Nitro Ground Shaker has two separate collectable bonuses and a lightable spinner

#3 2 years ago

Start looking at Bally SS machines

Harlem xenon etc. lots of spinners and saucers. Bally drops add up multipliers and extra balls.

These games are addicting too.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Start looking at Bally SS machines
    Harlem xenon etc. lots of spinners and saucers. Bally drops add up multipliers and extra balls.
    These games are addicting too.

Neither of those have a bonus collect.

#5 2 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker?

EDIT: Oh zacaj mentioned it above.

#6 2 years ago

Genie has spinner that lights for big points after rollover target. You have only one attempt at it, next switch turns spinner off. Has x2,x3,x4,x5 bonus multiplier. The max bonus is 29K, has bonus collect hole that counts bonus with multiplier down to zero. No vary target, but very stunning artwork.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks everyone. Please keep them coming. There is a Dracula in the marketplace, but it's for trade. There are a few Xenons, but they are a lot more than I really want to spend and I really want a bonus collect.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Neither of those have a bonus collect.

Nothing meets all 5 items on the wishlist, was offering machines that are close and think a Bally might be the best bet.

Many of the Ballys of the era have some combo of building/collecting/multiplying bonuses with saucers and drops. Checkout Skateball.

I know you are looking for an SS, but an em Grand Prix has most of what you are looiking for and it is a really fun game:
    2 spinners with variable values, 2 collect saucers, drops for a 2x multiplier, another saucer for building bonus.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Nothing meets all 5 items on the wishlist, was offering machines that are close and think a Bally might be the best bet.

Just wanted to note it

#10 2 years ago

I'm liking the skateball recommendation. It looks like it even has an area in the lower left where you have a chance to save a ball that's going down the outlane.

Now I just need to find one to play or for sale.

#11 2 years ago

Gottlieb Bad girls has everything on your list. The vari-target increases the multiplier, the multiball lock doubles as the bonus collect when lit, spinners light for huge points in multiball and it's solid state. Bonus, they can be had for a song. I got mine for 375$, put a new MPU in it, and it's actually a surprisingly fun game.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from gregh:

Gottlieb Bad girls has everything on your list. The vari-target increases the multiplier, the multiball lock doubles as the bonus collect when lit, spinners light for huge points in multiball and it's solid state. Bonus, they can be had for a song. I got mine for 375$, put a new MPU in it, and it's actually a surprisingly fun game.

It's basically a better version of eight ball deluxe

#13 2 years ago

Meteor is a solid state with a spinner that can build up to huge values, and significant bonuses too. no vari-target or bonus collect hole, though.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

You're probably not going to find any non-Gottlieb games with vari-targets. And I don't know of many Gottliebs with bonus collect. Bonus collect is going to narrow your choices a lot in general.
    minus the vari-target:
    Barracora. Skateball. Hotdoggin. Viking. Dracula.
    Big Game doesn't quite have a *bonus* collect, but it does have the Big Game letters which can be lit and then repeatedly collected.
    Seawitch has a shot to score the bonus, but unmultiplied.
    Not clear on how bonus multiplier works in it, but Nitro Ground Shaker has two separate collectable bonuses and a lightable spinner

Nitro doesn't have a multiplier per-say, it just has a double bonus feature. Still a fun as hell game though.

Another plus 1 for hotdoggin too. I regret parting with mine everyday. The bonus is huuuuge on it too.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm liking the skateball recommendation. It looks like it even has an area in the lower left where you have a chance to save a ball that's going down the outlane.
    Now I just need to find one to play or for sale.

Skateball's great. There's one to play in Bedford (or at least was the other month). It's only 3/5 but I think you should get Dolly Parton.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from DangerSem:

Skateball's great. There's one to play in Bedford (or at least was the other month). It's only 3/5 but I think you should get Dolly Parton.

You just want me to buy it so you can come over and play it.

#17 2 years ago

Super Orbit is a fun game, but mine is never going any where. Good luck with your search.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Super Orbit is a fun game, but mine is never going any where. Good luck with your search.

I played it in the B bank at PAPA and really liked it, even though it was set up insanely difficult. It seems like a very hard game to get your hands on though.

Anyone have a Skateball for sale in good condition?

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I played it in the B bank at PAPA and really liked it, even though it was set up insanely difficult. It seems like a very hard game to get your hands on though.

My high score is still only 1.7m. I havent been able to crack it. I got VERY close recently but no dice.

Have been considering a power ball in it. PAPA's has a power ball right?

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My high score is still only 1.7m. I havent been able to crack it. I got VERY close recently but no dice.
    Have been considering a power ball in it. PAPA's has a power ball right?

Not when I played it. They had that thing set up really tough. I can't remember what my high was, but I know I didn't crack a million. The ball times were really short that's for sure. They weren't messing around.

3 months later
    #21 1 year ago

Hm... Your ask is quite unclear. Which kind of game do you need? I love anime and every game which has graphics like in anime. If you have same hobby with me, you can try My hero bo lattae (http://appnaz.com/android/my-hero-bo-lattae-com.mygame.myhero ). It is a role playing game. Maybe it's worth.

bg-pc (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 29.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside