(Topic ID: 55980)

I must not be a real pinhead...

By VolunteerPin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I was at Cedar Point last night with my two sons. Got to ride some of the better coasters in between the rain showers which was great. One time we went into the arcade to get out of a torrential downpour and checked out what pins they had. I believe there was a post about Cedar Point in the past. Basically they had 2 Hercules and a number of other EM machines. As I only had a $10 bill in my water-soaked wallet and did not feel like going to break it, we passed on playing anything in the arcade.

This morning I'm thinking I should have at least played a few just to say I did. Oh well, now I have a 9 hour drive back home this morning. Thus, you can mock me for my lack of true pin-headedness while I can't respond...

Y'all have a great day.

Darin

#2 10 years ago

Tight arse

Yes you should have played them, especially the Hercules.

I only ever seen Hercules in a pic, and would walk over hot coals to play one.

#3 10 years ago

I think you should donate the $10 to Pinside as punishment for breaking the code of all pinsiders haha.......rookie mistake!

#4 10 years ago

Hercules was cool, but 1 play is enough. I wouldn't have broke a $10 either

#5 10 years ago

I would of played a dollar bought a towel with the rest

#6 10 years ago

I was there last year an I posted that their pins selection sucked. How's the new twin tower coaster?
    I'll be back up there in two weeks with a group of Northern Irish teens.

#7 10 years ago

Obviously you feel bad having not played or you wouldn't have posted.......lesson learned I hope.

#8 10 years ago

Did not play when I was there last year.
    No rain delay to wait out though...........

#9 10 years ago

I wouldn't waste any time playing pins if I were there, either.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Obviously you feel bad having not played or you wouldn't have posted.......lesson learned I hope.

Not really. Just curious to see the response

As a newbie to pins, I simply don't have the appreciation for EMs like many of you do. We were too busy to try and ride coasters in between the rain.

#11 10 years ago

I am really a SS man my self but I don't think I have ever walked passed a pin. Oh wait, I had to leave a TAF alone the other day, sad but tru. Was too rushed

#12 10 years ago

Hercules, been there done that. I don't even play it at expos if nobody is on it.

EM's: depends which ones. Centigrade37, buckroo... hell yes! If it's a run of the mill, I probably would have walked by too (well maybe I'd play just to see if it was actually functioning).

#13 10 years ago

Cedar Point is strange to me as it seems like it's all steak no sizzle. Not a bad thing, they just build these unbelievable rides and just stick them on the peninsula.

I bet you passed up the older rides there. Just cause you skipped the older ones does not mean you don't like roller coasters. Like most, you just like the new ones more.

Sorry about the rain. Hope you still had fun. I still have a hard time explaining the feeling of Top Thrill Dragster to people.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from bugray:

Tight arse
    Yes you should have played them, especially the Hercules.
    I only ever seen Hercules in a pic, and would walk over hot coals to play one.

There is a Hercules on route at a place near me with about 50 other games. I wouldn't walk across the room to play it.

#15 10 years ago

One does not travel to Cedar Point to play pinball...

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

There is a Hercules on route at a place near me with about 50 other games. I wouldn't walk across the room to play it.

that bad?

#17 10 years ago

First trip to Cedar Point in 1970 found at least eight Williams Palooka pins in the park. They still have Flying Carpet, Expo, Straight Flush, Fireball and Four Million BC, oh and a Revenge From Mars. No WoZ sighting yet.

#18 10 years ago

Hell yeah it sucks donkey ballz. The one at blainbrook is in good shape too lol.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Hell yeah it sucks donkey ballz. The one at blainbrook is in good shape too lol.

+1 Hercules sucks. Period.

#20 10 years ago

I played a Hercules today and it was boring. I would have been all over the EMs.

#21 10 years ago

Hercules= trying to suck a bowling ball thru a garden hose. Slow, S l o w e r....... and dead stop. You missed nothing.~SpOoKy

#22 10 years ago

You could have contacted me on your way home down I-71S and stopped to play Baywatch, Popeye & Grand Prix.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Hercules is like the village bicycle. If you see one somewhere you gotta give it a quick ride.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dnt00s:

Cedar Point is strange to me as it seems like it's all steak no sizzle. Not a bad thing, they just build these unbelievable rides and just stick them on the peninsula.

This is exactly what I love about CP. It is a true thrill park not a theme park. I don't care for roller coasters that have 'fun' music or are based on a some movie. Give me high, steep, fast!!

#25 10 years ago

Pinhead or not you can be happy to settle for being the sort of bloke who spends the day with his sons. Good form

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Give me high, steep, fast!!

Amen!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dnt00s:

I bet you passed up the older rides there. Just cause you skipped the older ones does not mean you don't like roller coasters. Like most, you just like the new ones more.
    Sorry about the rain. Hope you still had fun. I still have a hard time explaining the feeling of Top Thrill Dragster to people.

My 10 and 11 year old sons rode the Dragster for the first time...they loved it! We go every year as my mother lives in Sandusky. Yeah, 0-120 in 4 seconds and then shot up over 425 feet is hard to describe in words. Fantastic ride! It worked out well for us as we got in line right when they re-opened it after a rain. We waited maybe 5-10 minutes to ride and then within another 10 it was closed again. Simply perfect timing

#28 10 years ago

Pinballs this side of the pond are hard to come by so I certainly would have played them all!

#29 10 years ago

I have season passes to cedar point and am there at least once a week. The em machines are very slow playing and have almost no pitch to them at all. Someone, however , does appear to come and service them as they are fixed very quickly if they go down. The arcade used to be pretty cutting edge, but anymore it is focused on ticket machines.

#30 10 years ago

Oh yeah... And Hercules does suck! Way too slow and just plain gimmicky.

#31 10 years ago

2 of them?? I would have at least got a photo by that! One is rare enough. I think that may be the only machine I would drop a coin in every time I see it no matter what. I agree with the comments on play, but it's just so damn different that I couldn't pass it up.

But passing it up I don't think takes away from your pinhead manhood

#32 10 years ago

VolPin,

If we set the bar sorta high on the definition of a Real Pinhead,
    then many of us may not qualify as True Pinheads.

Example: If you are willing to camp out and sleep under the family pinball machine in protest of your brain-dead Dad announcing that he is gettin ready to sell it, then you are a True Pinhead.
    See Acampero's thread titled "Well...Here's a first".

VolPin, are you willing to sleep under your pins if your wife or kids says you need to sell some of those pointless pinball machines?
    Actually, I just checked what pins you own, so I'm guessing you would if necessary.

Regardless, I think that in order to help redeem yourself, and prove you are a worthy Real Pinhead, I suggest you get one of your friends or family members to take a picture of you camping out under your pins. Then post it here to your "I must not be..." thread.
    Funny signage optional.

Hope this helps you with your 3-step recovery process.
    Your acknowledgement was the 1st step.

Best Regards,

Pinball-is-great

#33 10 years ago

I think so. It is a novelty thing because of the size. Other than that, it is a sub-standard pin in just about every fashion.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I wouldn't walk across the room to play it.

This literally made me laugh out loud. Awesome.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-must-not-be-a-real-pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.