(Topic ID: 208758)

I must be crazy...or is this my current machine?

By Gunnut40

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gunnut40
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

history-witch-burnt_at_the_stake-witch_hunt-witch_trial-torch-rjo0541_low (resized).jpg
IMG_1585 (resized).PNG
IMG_1586 (resized).PNG
IMG_1587 (resized).PNG
IMG_1588 (resized).PNG
IMG_1594 (resized).JPG
IMG_1591 (resized).JPG
IMG_1590 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMG_1597 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I was looking around at videos and posted pictures of Twister the other day. I was mainly looking to see how leds/mods looked. I noticed one for sale on pinside and it looked very similar.... Dirty fire truck,Cracked playfield left out lane(screw from below),paint on left flipper button,Scratches on the cabinet same and wear around the spinner same. The updates in the game are purple cliffys on post,chase muti ball skirt and rule cards removed. These pics are of my game.

#2 6 years ago

Photos did not post.

IMG_1597 (resized).JPGIMG_1597 (resized).JPG

IMG_1598 (resized).JPGIMG_1598 (resized).JPG

IMG_1590 (resized).JPGIMG_1590 (resized).JPG

IMG_1591 (resized).JPGIMG_1591 (resized).JPG

IMG_1594 (resized).JPGIMG_1594 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

It could be yours. This type of thing has been happening as of late,

#4 6 years ago

Currently on pinside market.

IMG_1588 (resized).PNGIMG_1588 (resized).PNG

IMG_1587 (resized).PNGIMG_1587 (resized).PNG

IMG_1586 (resized).PNGIMG_1586 (resized).PNG

IMG_1585 (resized).PNGIMG_1585 (resized).PNG

#5 6 years ago

Make sure you Report it so it can be taken down if it is a scam.

#6 6 years ago

Wow. Definitely report him. I hate Pinside scammers.

#7 6 years ago

I'm going to buy it, but I'll need your address so I can come pick it up.

#8 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58577

This is the supposed scam ad. But the pics are different and have different games beside it.
Might be you both own a routed twister with common wear.

So guess the question is where did you buy yours from and was there a t2 beside it when you bought it?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58577
This is the supposed scam ad. But the pics are different and have different games beside it.
Might be you both own a routed twister with common wear.
So guess the question is where did you buy yours from and was there a t2 beside it when you bought it?

Highly unlikely that these are different games. Also, this guy is a new user, here to sell off his collection. He made a small donation to get verified. This is a scam.

#10 6 years ago

kevinm45 has to be a good guy 'cause he donated to pinside !

#11 6 years ago

Left flipper set lower than right on both, dirt on top of left flipper rubber exactly the same.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Highly unlikely that these are different games. Also, this guy is a new user, here to sell off his collection. He made a small donation to get verified. This is a scam.

You are probably right. We should get a mod to look into it.
ForceFlow robin

#13 6 years ago

I will offer him 700 dollars send by western union as payment for the pin. Think he'll sell for that?

#14 6 years ago

I bought from a guy in Evansville this is not his place.

#15 6 years ago

Send him a picture of the machine with this thread pulled up next to it.

Or just send him a picture of your butt.

#17 6 years ago

Well it looks similar based on the cab wear and the screw up through the play field. If it is in fact a con at least he is only selling games you can see in the lineup of the pictures... A smart and committed con at least.

#18 6 years ago

Contact the guy you bought it from and ask him if the setting in those pics looks familiar.

Game definitely looks to be the same. Kind of creepy!

#19 6 years ago

Whats funny in his other ads is that he has a Flintstones right next to a Twister.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58575

These must be old pics (likely) or he has a Twister that has the exact same wear as yours.

Maybe Gunnut40 is the scammer! Let's get him!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Whats funny in his other ads is that he has a Flintstones right next to a Twister.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58575
These must be old pics (likely) or he has a Twister that has the exact same wear as yours.
Maybe Gunnut40 is the scammer! Let's get him!

Woah put those pitchforks away. I'm just pointing out something I noticed. I don't know if zmeny has any pictures. I bought it on sight.

#21 6 years ago

This guy is probably a Vandy fan Gunnut. Salty about last nights loss to our Cats.

#22 6 years ago

Hey everybody supposedly has a twin out there lol It's a total scammer burn him at the stake!

history-witch-burnt_at_the_stake-witch_hunt-witch_trial-torch-rjo0541_low (resized).jpghistory-witch-burnt_at_the_stake-witch_hunt-witch_trial-torch-rjo0541_low (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago

Stupid price for a Twister in kevins ad. Also 5 listings by this guy. Always seems weird to me and suspicious when brand new members list so many pins there first day on pinside.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Always seems weird to me and suspicious when brand new members list so many pins there first day on pinside.

No activity sense, no thread contributions, no postings other than machines for sale... hackles up for sure.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

kevinm45 has to be a good guy 'cause he donated to pinside !

argh...... the 'kevin' name gets tarnished yet again!!!! i Think i am gonna change mine...

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

argh...... the 'kevin' name gets tarnished yet again!!!! i Think i am gonna change mine...

Don't pick Donald. just a FYI.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Don't pick Donald. just a FYI.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This guy is probably a Vandy fan Gunnut. Salty about last nights loss to our Cats.

I would think so that was a awesome game!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'm going to buy it, but I'll need your address so I can come pick it up.

I will give you second dibs on it which won't be for awhile. The magnet spinner and the fan are awesome! I know they are gimmicks but I like them....a lot. I'll keep you posted on what I do in the sega thread.

#30 6 years ago

I dunno. After looking at all his ads I've concluded they're either all legit or all scams. I'm leaning towards legit.
Maybe the screwhole is common in Twister. Matching dirty and misaligned flippers are harder to explain.
New member with five games to sell; maybe he has unforeseen bills to pay.

#31 6 years ago

Possible the game in the ad is yours and the photos had been taken before zmeny got it.

Score cards, purple post sleeves, wear on the right inside edge of the cabinet seems to be different than yours. But the white mismatched rubber, screw, cab wear touch up only on one side and not both sure makes it seem hard to say they aren't the same .

#32 6 years ago

You are also missing lamp spotlights on the right side

#33 6 years ago

Pirated photos are common place today it seems. I had a guy steal my pics of my TAFG and try to sell the game to a guy in the UK. The guy in the UK contacted me to report the scam. The scammer contacted me via email to request the high resolution photos. Pretty bold!

#34 6 years ago

So.... what happened with this?

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So.... what happened with this?

I sent an offer on it, never heard back...

#36 6 years ago

The wear pattern (missing paint) above the spinning disk is exactly the same. No doubt, same machine in those pictures.

#37 6 years ago

We sent messages to kevinm45 to clarify where the photos came from and to provide a verification image, but he never responded or even logged in. So, all his ads were removed from the marketplace.

#38 6 years ago

I don't want to piss off anyone who calls himself a gun nut, but maybe Gunnut40 doesn't even own a Twister and he's posting this to convince the rest of us that it's a scam just so he can low-ball the seller and pick it up cheap because his is the only offer?

(just kidding)

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The scammer contacted me via email to request the high resolution photos. Pretty bold!

I hope you helped out your fellow pinsider

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I don't want to piss off anyone who calls himself a gun nut, but maybe Gunnut40 doesn't even own a Twister and he's posting this to convince the rest of us that it's a scam just so he can low-ball the seller and pick it up cheap because his is the only offer?
(just kidding)

Ha ha want pics?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

We sent messages to kevinm45 to clarify where the photos came from and to provide a verification image, but he never responded or even logged in. So, all his ads were removed from the marketplace.

Good! I hope prevented someone from getting scammed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-must-be-crazyor-is-this-my-current-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.