Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 415 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star_trek_Redshirt3.gif
    10478203_755414447849054_4706607628936909545_n.jpg
    iswydt.jpg
    breaking_bad_2.jpg
    image.jpg
    doge-intense.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    pinball_and_God.jpg
    image.jpg
    RobinBoobs.jpg
    364.gif
    tumblr_mwjuouf0jK1rvzc39o1_400.gif
    image.jpg
    Lloyd.jpg
    Lower_lots_004.jpg
    Lower_lots_003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

I WANT MY BOOBIE!!!

#165 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I sent Boob a PM last week to explain why we decided for a 24hr freeze and to tell him that he was very welcome back after the freeze. Haven't heard back either, I'm sure he has more important stuff going on. Look, I also enjoy many of his posts -heck I expect him to visit Alkmaar and my gameroom in the near future - but it has to be clear that the rules are there for everyone. We don't want to make exceptions based on who is posting. His freeze was basically my call. We have been seeing an increased amount of posts daring moderation for a ban. That's not a healthy trend for a moderated site. So I asked the mod team to be a bit more firm on those kinds of remarks. Boob may have been a bit of an example case, but at least it (hopefully) shows that we do not pick favorites.
    As for the people who are saying moderation is inconsequent. You're right, I don't deny it. We don't catch everything, moderation is a pretty unfair deal. We do our best though. If you have ideas how to improve, my PM box is always open!

Hi Robin,

I completely understand and support your desire to maintain a family friendly environment and I also get that it's important to maintain order and make the site inclusive for the masses - but seriously - if one "moderates" this venue to the point that it becomes a Nazi dictatorship where free speech is banned and people are booted for stating opinions that happen to differ from ones own - then eventually the moderators will enjoy the site alone.

BTW, (and I realize you know this or Pinside would not be as successful and popular as it has become) It is NOT the moderators who make this site great (and they ARE needed and help it to be so) but it is really the input and participation of the people from the community who participate in the discussions, provide the content, and yes even the drama at times. The participants of this site are the ones who make Pinside interesting and worth visiting.

The bottom line is that ANY business that forgets to LISTEN to the voice of the customer will not survive in the long term. Worse it is arrogant to ban supporters from what is essentially "social media" because they have an opinion that differs from that of a moderator.

I genuinely hope that I misunderstood or just missed something in the post where Beezle was booted - but it seemed to me that all he did was to state his opinion. Is that seriously against TOS here on Pinside?

As a private site one certainly has the right and the power to edit or delete posts and to issue bans - and conversely it is also the user's right to choose where she or he will patronize.

This post is not intended to challenge you or one of the moderators to ban me for stating my opinion - but it is intended to challenge you to think about and discuss the consequences heavy handed moderation will eventually have on the site overall.

I genuinely don't understand how this approach is good for Pinside or the community.

Overall - you and the moderators do a fabulous job and I genuinely appreciate your efforts to make Pinside an acceptable venue for all.

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

It's about respectful discourse.

Yes, I agree with that - I wrote my post last night right before I went to bed - when I re-read it today I saw how the tone really seemed like an attack - when it was not intended to be so.

It was also not my intention to bum you out Robin - I didn't agree with bouncing boobie but I can also see how taunting the Mods to ban you is not a good idea either - I intended my post to be thought provoking - not ugly. Sorry for that.

#288 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Absolutely true. If the 12 to 15 troublemakers would be gone, many of the "Lukers" would begin to post and get involved.

Dont talk them into getting rid of you TED - We'd miss you if you were gone!!

#298 8 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

...Confirmation bias...

God how I hated "critical thinking" classes in college. (Yes I graduated with a 3.9 GPA) "critical thinking" classes are a poor attempt to teach ignorant persons common sense. Either you have it or you don't and common sense isn't very common - is it.

Quoted from pmWolf:

Then explain how this thread is still open. If we truly were evil overlords, this thread would be dead, and the team certainly wouldn't be in it asking for advice and input on anything).

It's a cleverly constructed smokescreen of critically considered propaganda to convince the sheep that moderation is not evil

Quoted from pmWolf:

Head to the Mod Feedback section, and we will do our best to correct any issues. If you are on the boards attempting a "call to arms" where you want everyone to grab a pitchfork and follow you as you storm the Mod Castle....that's just not acceptable.

I do agree with an earlier poster that transparency directly in the thread where there is disagreement in my opinion is always better then hiding these conversations. Why is it against the rules to ask about something a moderator did as long as the conversation is "respectful discord" and not simply BMW (Bitching, Whining, & Moaning)?

#300 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm a cop and I can't stand authority figures.

Yes, but do you hate cops?

#302 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Did someone say something??
    Sometimes I vacation by blocking people.

\

OMG - I laughed out loud at this one - I don't care who you are - that's funny right there!

#353 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

For the record, this is the first thing I've ever down-voted.. So thank you for that

Felt GOOOOD - didn't it!

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Can't stop. On my resume I have listed: "Author and contributing editor International Gaming Forum"

ROFLH

#368 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

He seems like a nice guy...WTF we got a bunch of liberals moderating this site? Free Internet Speech anyone? Next thing Pinside will be trying to confiscate our guns!

That's funny! Am I the only one that can see the humor in it?

#370 8 years ago

Come on Brandes - tying moderation of Pinside to gun confiscation? REALLY?? ROFLH!

1 week later
    #401 8 years ago

I still miss talking crap to Beezle - wish he'd come back so the mods (and the rest of us) could abuse him more!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-miss-beelzeboob?tu=pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.