Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 415 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star_trek_Redshirt3.gif
    10478203_755414447849054_4706607628936909545_n.jpg
    iswydt.jpg
    breaking_bad_2.jpg
    image.jpg
    doge-intense.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    pinball_and_God.jpg
    image.jpg
    RobinBoobs.jpg
    364.gif
    tumblr_mwjuouf0jK1rvzc39o1_400.gif
    image.jpg
    Lloyd.jpg
    Lower_lots_004.jpg
    Lower_lots_003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 8 years ago

Where TF is Boobie? I love that guy!

Quoted from Pinphila:

Wow. That's just someone on a power trip. Boob said some ridiculous sh!t but was generally pleasant and offered some great advice in many threads...more advice and guidance than most of the mods.

Who doesn't say some ridiculous shit?

#195 8 years ago

When you have situations like Kevin Kulek and Jpop that have stolen $$$ in the Seven figure range from "Pinsiders", I'm not sure what you expect to happen.

98% of Pinside posting is "respectful". You'll never have 30,000 people act the way you want them to act and say it in a way you want them to say it, 100% of the time. That's life.

The people that post here have strong opinions one way or the other. I've stated a lot of time that there usually is "no right or wrong answer".

If the guys that post frequently like Boobie leave then what will the lurkers have to read?

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You are a good dude Boob! I've definitely never hated you (but you know that) but we have certainly thrown a few barbs back and forth at each other. Admittedly I wasn't too sure about you at first! But I came to understand your style of posting and the way you make your points, and now I definitely appreciate it.
    I understand your post completely. I do hope that you will reconsider, and keep posting like the Boob you are!
    My home theater is definitely open to you if you ever make it to SoCal. You don't even need to bring the popcorn!

The funny thing is Rob and I have had a few knockdown dragouts in the past, with respect to the Woz and JJP debacle and wtf it's no big deal. We move on, hug it out and I'd like to hang out with him! I like hearing what Rob has to say even when he's being a "dick"

Same thing with Jimmy Mac (McCune), had some heated exchanges with him long ago re JJP and Woz, no biggie, he's another guy I'd like to hang out with. A really good guy that does a lot for the hobby. Can he be "dickish", sure, not everybody acts the SAME way.

Hell I'd like to hang out and drink a beer with anybody and talk pinball or life! I don't care who it is.

Pinside moderates itself pretty damn good.

It's really a shame that a guy like Boobie has to feel that way, he's an asset to Pinside with his attitude and spirit. A great offset to some of the "disrespectful" behavior at times.

I'll say it again, good luck trying to get 30,000 people act the same way all of the time, ain't gonna happen. People might have had a bad day, had a bit too much to drink, etc.

Throw down a 24 hr thread eject, works great, no big deal, no need to be heavy handed about it with harsh commentary at the same time, like scolding a child (despite acting like one).

If anybody thinks their way is the ONLY way to think and act, then you don't live in the real world and need to get over yourself. An awful lot of self righteous preaching going on right now too.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I’ve ever disrespected ANYONE on this site, I offer my sincerest apologies now. I love to bust balls and love having them busted back. (Who else has their own thread that you can dump on them in? Thanks, BreakingDad!) And I bust everybody…even if you’re a moderator. I’m not going to open a f**king moderator thread to explain why they’re wrong or to bust their balls! But I’m particularly hard on trolls and idiots…and they deserve to have their nuts crunched.

Couldn't have said it any better Boobie, simple as that. Ball busting amongst friends is a good thing!

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I was reading the other day that the Jpop thread is still going strong. Crazy. I drained that one a long time ago. Drained the Skit-B one before that too. Don't miss either one.
    Just saying, there are tools here to help you if you don't want to get sucked into stupid shit.

Yep, that's what the tools are for. "Ignore and drain". Too many people use the "tattle tale" tool, whining about every little perceived infraction to a mod. I agree with you Boobie.

Talking through all this shit and getting it out on the table with everybody is a good thing!

#276 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Betcha 90% of people here have no idea what that means.

I still have Brokedad's pictures that he was mighty proud of

#294 8 years ago

What is the site trying to become?

Group think touchy feely singing Joy to the World?

Let the "lurkers loose". Nobody is holding anybody back.

This is a worldwide melting pot of people with differing views, ideas, and personalities from all walks of life.

Way too many people try and preach this and that, blah blah blah.

Is it a "for profit" site? What does "donations" mean? Some donate, some don't.

Do net proceeds go to charity? If so, let us know, I'll contribute a whole lot more.

Pinside is community that represents every kind of people. That's what makes it great.

#305 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Jeremiah was a bullfrog...dun.. uh...duh, was a good friend of mine......

"You're a straight shootin son of a gun"

I like fishes in the deep blue sea

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-miss-beelzeboob?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.