Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 415 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

star_trek_Redshirt3.gif
    10478203_755414447849054_4706607628936909545_n.jpg
    iswydt.jpg
    breaking_bad_2.jpg
    image.jpg
    doge-intense.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    pinball_and_God.jpg
    image.jpg
    RobinBoobs.jpg
    364.gif
    tumblr_mwjuouf0jK1rvzc39o1_400.gif
    image.jpg
    Lloyd.jpg
    Lower_lots_004.jpg
    Lower_lots_003.jpg
    There are 415 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

we all understood he was trying to reference 1984. i was just good-naturedly ribbing him for getting it slightly wrong. "thought speak" sounded to me like it would actually be a good thing.
    anyway, there's a pretty big difference between Orwellian oppression and being asked to refrain from making posts on a pinball website that belittle and demean others. (something i am sometimes guilty of as well, and can hopefully improve on)

Cerebral wit will not be tolerated on pinside. You've been warned. Ban hammer coming if this type of clever, intellectual banter persists.

#352 8 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

ask your self....if you stopped posting....would you be missed..................Joey

Nope.

#353 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

For the record, this is the first thing I've ever down-voted.. So thank you for that

Felt GOOOOD - didn't it!

#354 8 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

I miss Zima.
    image.jpg

Man, I have never seen a thread go so low. You mean to tell me that crap sold for longer than just the first year?

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Can't stop. On my resume I have listed: "Author and contributing editor International Gaming Forum"

ROFLH

#356 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Felt GOOOOD - didn't it!

Pinside Gold reply!

Much enjoyed that one.

#357 8 years ago

BEELZEBUMP!

#358 8 years ago

Wish you were closer Boob we could play some pinball all weekend at the pinball museum in Banning. Hope to see some pinsiders there tomorrow. I'll be the guy with the big beard and my 5yr old son. Say hi if your there. Thanks.

#359 8 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Wish you were closer Boob we could play some pinball all weekend at the pinball museum in Banning. Hope to see some pinsiders there tomorrow. I'll be the guy with the big beard and my 5yr old son. Say hi if your there. Thanks.

That's practically in your backyard! Have fun.

#360 8 years ago

He seems like a nice guy...WTF we got a bunch of <edited>moderating this site? Free Internet Speech anyone? Next thing Pinside will be trying to confiscate our guns!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just wanted to poke my head in here to thank everybody for the wonderful support you’ve shown over the last few days. (And please don’t get excited because this probably won’t end well.) The reason I haven’t replied to any PMs is because I simply didn’t want to log in anymore, and don’t really feel compelled to for the time being. I was going to fade away quietly. But then Skypilot had to open his big fat mouth and start this thread.
    Robin is the finest Dutchman I’ve never met. He’s a true gentleman and as level-headed as you can be. I wish he could be the sole moderator, but I know that’s not possible. I’ve sent him an overlong email explaining my position on all things Pinside, including my account freeze, and I’ve encouraged him to share it with the moderators and the whole Pinside community if he chooses to. Those of you who know me know that I’ve never had anything to hide, and have always been painfully honest with all of you and myself.
    In short, I told Robin that I’m not sure I can continue on Pinside because I’m not sure I can follow the rules…mostly because I can’t tell what the hell the rules are since some people get away with murder, and Beelzeboob always gets nut-punched for trying to make a point.
    I guess most of you have read my “offending” final post by now. I was responding to the moderator *as a fellow Pinsider* to say he was cooler before he was a moderator. I then went on to explain why I thought Kaneda deserved a spanking for his idiotic post…and I even pointed out that I LIKE Kaneda (how many of you can say that?). I explained why his post was offensive, and said that I knew I would get a 24-hour eject. I DID NOT DO THIS TO DISRESPECT THE MODERATORS OR “BLATANTLY GIVE THEM THE FINGER” [sic]. I said it because it was fact, I knew that I’d get kicked off for even explaining myself to that moderator because that’s how he’s treated me and others in the past. And since I’ve met him personally, I can tell you he’s a great guy…I’m just not a fan of his moderation.
    If I’ve ever disrespected ANYONE on this site, I offer my sincerest apologies now. I love to bust balls and love having them busted back. (Who else has their own thread that you can dump on them in? Thanks, BreakingDad!) And I bust everybody…even if you’re a moderator. I’m not going to open a f**king moderator thread to explain why they’re wrong or to bust their balls! But I’m particularly hard on trolls and idiots…and they deserve to have their nuts crunched.
    And that’s why I think my days on Pinside are over. I am who I am, and if this isn’t the place for me because I’m offending so many people or breaking some rule, real or imagined, maybe it’s time to move on. After all, if a comedian makes a joke that offends a handful of people at a comedy club, they don’t kick the comedian off the stage—but that seems to be how Pinside works.
    I’ve made so many friends here, and thank you all for your friendship, and I was almost moved to tears by all the support you’ve shown. I really never even realized anybody noticed me (although I got a hint of it at Pintastic…a great show, btw!). Even the people that kicked my ass for the first year (like McCune) have grown to be great friends, and I think if I hung around for a while, I’d eventually be hanging out in RobT’s theater (I’ll bring the popcorn!). And that guy hated me!
    So I’m not sure if this will be my last post or not. But I didn’t want to go out as some douchebag who broke the rules, because I really didn’t think I was doing that (and I still don't think I did). I’d rather go out as the douchebag who made you laugh and brought some joy into your life. And I leave you with this parting gift. It got me through a rough week without Pinside. Bookmark it and watch it whenever a boss is pissing you off…or if you’re just feeling over-moderated:
    » YouTube video
    I hope to be back again. Robin will let me know if I’m still welcome after my email. If I’m not, I wish you all well (even ALL the moderators who generally do a great job) and hope to see you at a future show. If you’ve never met me, I’ll be the albino-looking guy with the socks pulled up to his ass laughing at somebody that’s taking pinball way too seriously. You’ll turn to your friend and say, “Hey…look at that douchebag!” And the realization will hit you:
    It’s Beelzeboob.
    PS – O-din…where’s the damn dog???

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

That's practically in your backyard! Have fun.

Less than 10 miles. It's a shame they can only do 4 public events a year. Probably over a thousand pins and every video game.

#362 8 years ago

Ok beelze...time for you to come over for drinks and cigars....

breaking_bad_2.jpgbreaking_bad_2.jpg

#363 8 years ago

Booby come back. You can blame it all on me.

#364 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Booby come back. You can blame it all on me.

Were you wrong, and just can't live without him?

#365 8 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Were you wrong, and just can't live without him?

Any kind of fool could see that

#366 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

You can blame it all on me.

I do that anyway!

#367 8 years ago

if different rules are desired for pinball/arcade site, free account login at www.PublicGames.com
    takes a few hours to get account approved, to prevent spammers/etc.

#368 8 years ago
    Quoted from Chicoman:

He seems like a nice guy...WTF we got a bunch of liberals moderating this site? Free Internet Speech anyone? Next thing Pinside will be trying to confiscate our guns!

That's funny! Am I the only one that can see the humor in it?

#369 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

That's funny! Am I the only one that can see the humor in it?

yes

#370 8 years ago

Come on Brandes - tying moderation of Pinside to gun confiscation? REALLY?? ROFLH!

#371 8 years ago

www.liveleak.com/view?i=89d_1411198955

Must watch! Friggin hilarious!

#372 8 years ago

Who will make the "I miss RobT" thread?

#374 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Who will make the "I miss RobT" thread?

Wow, I thought you were joking. RobT shows as deactivated.

#375 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, wow. Nothing strange in the posts 10 hours ago.

#376 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

So. Pinside lost two good and reasonable guys and the people who instigate fights remain. Yay?

#377 8 years ago

What the hell happened to Rob?? He is a gold star - blue chip pinsider!!
    Rob get your ass back in here brother

#378 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Self-initiated, he wasn't banned for anything, just wanted to take a break.

#379 8 years ago

Randy and Rob not here.....??? Not a Good day, at all.

In their honor, I will banish myself for 1 hour.

#380 8 years ago

Post linking doesn't work for long threads but the Stern forum / It's Official GoT thread was unfortunate on page 96

#381 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

Post linking doesn't work for long threads but the Stern forum / It's Official GoT thread was unfortunate on page 96

The ridiculous part was the misogyny that was allowed to remain between lectures for calling someone a troll.

#382 8 years ago

I was joking Rob....not you too

#383 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Self-initiated, he wasn't banned for anything, just wanted to take a break.

You make it sound so benign. It maybe a self-initiated break but is sure seems to be in direct response to the got thread. I shook my head when reading certain parts of that thinking I would be pissed if I was Rob. But if you talked to him, then I guess I interpreted things wrong.

Rob is a good guy. Hopefully he finds his way back.

#384 8 years ago

The guy who played Bill S. Preston, Esq. in the Bill & Ted movies has a documentary about the damage caused by destroyed or dispersed communities on the internet. It seems the best forums and communities, the most tightly knit, are those involving illegal or fringe activities, or perhaps expensive hobbies. Rumor once held that there was no higher form of degenerate forum posting than satellite-hacking forums (apparently so esoteric that I was never able to find them). I think it's something in the solder, perhaps console modders are a junior version. But there's plenty of that to go around here.

The loss of these virtual communities disrupts the users absolutely. Usually it's some three-letter government organization to shut the fun down. On a mundane forum it's sometimes moderator-imposed exile. That doesn't happen here though, however it seems it's now been suggested to exile oneself if compliance can't hold.

Exile from communities is the real thing that gets me. It's not hatred of authority figures, or some form of us vs. them madness; it's the fact that there's a feeling of deep loss associated with the lost civilizations of the internet when it results from misunderstanding. Mass self-imposed exile is a grief I'd not yet conceived. The exhortation, then, would be to not dissolve from within.

Is a pinball machine full of dildos family-friendly?

#385 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tubes:

Is a pinball machine full of dildos family-friendly?

Is a site dedicated to collectors of multi thousand dollar machines something that really needs to be? It's Robin's forum and his to chose, but most of us are over the age of 40. When I started at 21 people in the hobby thought I was crazy at 28 I am still usually the youngest by about a decade.

People keep saying think of the children, but aside from a few helping dear old dad (or mom) restore a machine, you get crickets. Kids are not collecting these due to space, cost, or risk of injury. As for that last one plenty of parents would not let their little darling work with a soldering iron or with high voltage. So the notion of being more family friendly is moot and will continue to be. Kids are not suddenly going to become richer, have permission to have a huge toy in the family room, or suddenly be trusted not to burn/electrocute themselves.

#386 8 years ago

There are other forums/means of communication besides Pinside in our hobby. If folks can't conform to the rules of this site they will leave either voluntary or involuntary.

There are times Ive wanted to deactivate my account because of a rise in blood pressure engaging in some of these discussions have caused. A lot of those times are self-inflicted and ive tried to cut down on the amount of posts i make.

#387 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

You make it sound so benign. It maybe a self-initiated break but is sure seems to be in direct response to the got thread. I shook my head when reading certain parts of that thinking I would be pissed if I was Rob. But if you talked to him, then I guess I interpreted things wrong.

I thought the commentary from the mod directed at Rob was a bit preachy and inconsistent.... however:

To allow a relatively minor "slap on the wrist" to snowball into self-imposed exile seems a bit thin-skinned.

Some of the egos here are pretty monumental....

#388 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

To allow a relatively minor "slap on the wrist" to snowball into self-imposed exile seems a bit thin-skinned.

Some of the egos here are pretty monumental....

I think it's more that people realize just how much of their valuable time they're wasting, arguing with stupid people on this site.

#390 8 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What is the site trying to become?
    Group think touchy feely singing Joy to the World?
    Exactically, the PC crowd believes in free speech as long as it doesn't offend their delicate little feelings. Just put on your big girl panties and GTF over it.

#391 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Exactically, the PC crowd believes in free speech as long as it doesn't offend their delicate little feelings. Just put on your big girl panties and GTF over it.

That was me not ICE

#392 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any decent behaviorist knows that the way to shape behavior is through positive reinforcement or reward.
    Conversely, punishment whilst it works isn't as good in the long run.

BS, my wife is a teacher and her principle is a screaming liberal. They cant give below a 70 even when the kids refuse to do the work and their parents tell her it's her job to teach them not theirs. They cant spank their ass when they misbehave, they cant put them in the hall or have them sit out or recess and if they send them to the office they are told they are not keeping their class in order. Spank their ass and put the fear of God into them and the bastards will have some respect for authority.

#393 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

I didn't talk to him. Honestly I put him on ignore temporarily (he's off now) after we started arguing so I wouldn't get sucked into it further.

I think his attitude in the GOT thread sucked frankly. Anyone who's upset that people aren't happy with the game's art need to just suck it up and deal, even if they're tired of reading about it. Starting to personally attack people for it was garbage. If he needs a break to get away from that then good.

I think it's good to remember to be positive. But I also think it's good to let people express how they truly feel, and if something isn't good enough then say so. I'm not from the school of thought that says "just be happy people are still making pinball". If we were all just playing on route maybe, but not when this forum is dedicated to collecting $7000 toys.

Quoted from dung:

People keep saying think of the children, but aside from a few helping dear old dad (or mom) restore a machine, you get crickets.

Actually if you pay attention that's not true. And if we want this hobby to not die we had better hope it's not true.

Regardless, doesn't matter what you think, or what I think. Robin's sandbox, deal with his rules.

That's the theme of my post, if things are a way you don't like ... deal with it. I don't care for things here too. I put people on ignore or drain threads rather than whine about it.

#395 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I put people on ignore or drain threads rather than whine about it.

I wish more people would take advantage of these tools...they provide some very amazing (and obvious) benefits.

Pete

#396 8 years ago

Is it possible the moderators could put me on this ignore list?

#397 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Is it possible the moderators could put me on this ignore list?

iswydt.jpgiswydt.jpg

#398 8 years ago

I agree: Follow the rules or leave....quietly.

But the artwork on GoT premium looked a bit better. I have no idea who the people are, but I like the "blue tone"...Oops, off topic.

Who is Beelzeboob anyway? :p

#399 8 years ago

This is for you beelzeboob

10478203_755414447849054_4706607628936909545_n.jpg10478203_755414447849054_4706607628936909545_n.jpg

#400 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

RobT shows as deactivated.

I have used this feature in the past and it really does work!

Quoted from ZenTron:Who will make the "I miss RobT" thread?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/robt

There are 415 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-miss-beelzeboob/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.