(Topic ID: 96907)

I am working on my last two restorations....at least for now

By Bryan_Kelly

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CheesePumpTIm.jpg
    20140629_175714.jpg
    12447_340.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Here is a list . I don't drink so I don't really care.
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/alcohol-content-of-beer/

That's a brilliant link!

#102 9 years ago

....also, what is this cheese pump everyone's talking about?

#103 9 years ago

CheesePumpTIm.jpgCheesePumpTIm.jpg

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Bryan, if you move to Madison then you can live in my Garage and convert it to your new shop!

You could rent him your whole house when you move to New Zealand.

rd.

#105 9 years ago

#1 on my bucket list is to go to the spooky pinball world headquarters and then have a beer and a hit off the cheese pump with brian f@$*#& Kelly!

1 month later
    #106 9 years ago

I've had a couple people ask, so I thought I'd update the thread.

Turns out, the shop is NOT being sold. In fact, Helene is spending some good money updating the leaking roof and such. Now, I just have to wait and see whether she keeps the heat turned on this winter.

#107 9 years ago

that's great news.dress warm just in case. g.l.joe

#108 9 years ago

So everyone send your games to Bryan, just know that you are behind me in line.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

So everyone send your games to Bryan, just know that you are behind me in line.

That POS TZ of yours would be done by now.......if you had sent it back in March.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That POS TZ of yours would be done by now.......if you had sent it back in March.

*grumble*

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I only sent it now to make sure you'd be able to eat this fall.

#112 9 years ago

Missing your TZ much?

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Missing your TZ much?

'lil bit.

2 months later
    #114 9 years ago

Well, it looks like I'm losing my shop. While working on an IJ cabinet today, Glen's wife came out and said that her and her son were going to empty the building and use it for cold storage rental. This will happen some time this winter. So for now, the heat has been turned off and I've got maybe a couple more weeks.

FUCK!!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I was working on a BSD cabinet at my buddy Glen's shop today and his widow, Helene happened to stop out. Glen passed away a few months ago and at the time, I wondered what might happen to the shop. Well, I'm still not quite sure, but the kids and grandkids had everything organized and Helene said they were deciding what they all wanted to keep. While she said she hasn't decided to sell yet, she would be shutting off the gas and electric to the shop come fall. $1000 a month for utilities is more than she can handle and I don't blame her one bit.
    I'm not quite sure what the future holds, but it doesn't look good. Having said that, it's been a whole lot of f'ing fun up to this point!!

#115 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Well, it looks like I'm losing my shop. While working on an IJ cabinet today, Glen's wife came out and said that her and her son were going to empty the building and use it for cold storage rental. This will happen some time this winter. So for now, the heat has been turned off and I've got maybe a couple more weeks.
    FUCK!!

That really sucks Bryan, I'm sorry. If there is anything any of us pinsiders can do please let us know!

#116 9 years ago

sorry Bryan.

Move to Madison and I will clean out the garage and heat it for you to use as a shop. You can pay me in knowledge.

Good luck with finding a new way to make it work (and I assume you will)

#117 9 years ago

Thanks, but I'll be alright. It's kind of like getting kicked in the nuts. It hurts for a while, but it gets better. I've been using Glen's place for the last 20 years.

Quoted from Glarrownage:

That really sucks Bryan, I'm sorry. If there is anything any of us pinsiders can do please let us know!

#118 9 years ago

Thanks, Hilton, but I need more than just your garage. I may move to North Carolina. I paid Chris Hutchins a visit last week. He'll hire me, if I can find a place to live.

Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry Bryan.
    Move to Madison and I will clean out the garage and heat it for you to use as a shop. You can pay me in knowledge.
    Good luck with finding a new way to make it work (and I assume you will)

#119 9 years ago

Nothing 40k can't fix !

#120 9 years ago

lol I can always count on you for a pick me up, Jim.

Quoted from McCune:

Nothing 40k can't fix !

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I can always count on you for a pick me up, Jim.

I learned from the best !

#122 9 years ago

McCune sucks at math! 38,765.00 should fix it.

In all sincerity ,This blows, but make a purpose and make it happen. You do great work . I'm confident you will rise above this.

#123 9 years ago

Best of luck Bryan; I'm sure you'll find a way to keep the restorations coming.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-may-be-working-on-my-last-restoration/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.