DSCN7403 (resized).JPG
F260D729-22D7-448F-B4B6-A7141D680748 (resized).jpeg
DD7F7AE8-78A4-4343-BA9D-2055888669AC (resized).jpeg
91UupbPoyFL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
DSCN6787 (resized).JPG
SCAN0089 (resized).JPG
DSCN7401 (resized).JPG
20191111_123446 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 5 years ago

49 and also looking at 55 for retirement. Hopefully there are some better healthcare options than there are today in 2024 but either way I have a game plan. I know a lot of people who retire at 62+ who have had serious medical issues once they retired. I still have a lot of stuff I want to do and I want to be young/healthy enough to enjoy them.

A lot of my goals rely on the US economy continuing its long boom. A recession/depression and all bets are off.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What’s your plan?

Healthcare: My employer lets me continue my healthcare if I leave at 55 or later. Still pretty expensive ($1000 to $1500/mo.) but doable. By then, who knows what ACA is going to look like.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I hope you have a good plan for a 55 retirement. I've had friends say the same thing, until I point out to them that retiring at 55 instead of 62 means you'll not be saving 7 additional years, but will actually be spending 7 additional years. Also, those last 7 years of saving is when the interest compounding really adds up.

I'm a Financial Adviser so I have been planning for this for decades. I have multiple revenue streams and extreme diversification (including physical precious metals).

I can live pretty well on 5% of my savings per year until I hit my 60's and start drawing Social Security and a small pension I have. Through that time my portfolio is set to earn 6% per year (no Guarantee but who knows what laddered cd rates will look like in 5 years!). My mortgage will be fully paid 6 years early (about the time I turn 55) and I plan on downsizing the house/lifestyle for retirement. I don't buy NiB pinballs and I run my cars until they are just about dead. I also plan to keep my professional licenses and work part time or ramp up my part time business if necessary. I've tried to cover all the bases but sure, a layoff, health scare, recession or some unexpected situation could change my circumstances. That's why it's a plan, not a guarantee.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-thinking-about-retiring?tu=rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.