DSCN7403 (resized).JPG
F260D729-22D7-448F-B4B6-A7141D680748 (resized).jpeg
DD7F7AE8-78A4-4343-BA9D-2055888669AC (resized).jpeg
91UupbPoyFL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
DSCN6787 (resized).JPG
SCAN0089 (resized).JPG
DSCN7401 (resized).JPG
20191111_123446 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 5 years ago

Never to late to become a sponsored surfer.

#90 5 years ago

Uber or lift let's you be the boss and work on your terms.

#169 5 years ago

Building trade unions are not that great. Now city and state unions provide a real nice retirement usually 95% of working income.

#173 5 years ago

I really feel you have to build your own plan. It's way to easy for pensions and social security to just disappear IMO. They can keep raising taxes to the point it just doesn't make sense to work anymore. We now are even building homes for the homeless. Everyone is so f'n entitled these days and it's not your fault you made your decisions.

#177 5 years ago

I say if three days is harshing your nog then be free. Just be careful dealing with most people is a major downer and especially new pinball owners.

#181 5 years ago

Or the pinside post about what would you do I dropped my EM off three weeks ago and can't get a call back kind of shit.

#184 5 years ago

You should throw underground arcade parties. Those EM's can eat some change and charge for donation cups of jack.

#185 5 years ago

Oh wait same winey people will complain that there's no ball save. Never mind. Get on the pro bowling league instead.

#189 5 years ago

You deserve it. Time to f life in the ass. Disclaimer I have been drinking excessively while you were sleeping.

#195 5 years ago

Iceman there is no way in hell someone smart enough to go to college is leaving that backyard pool and pin collection. LOL that's great news I hope mine don't rebel and stay.

#197 5 years ago

Do it. All the dive bars I've ever gone to allow the bartender to par take . And panties drop for bartenders especially with a little age for all those daddy issues. You would actually be doing society a favor.

#199 5 years ago

F it drop in on that big wave of life. Do a little old school toes to the noes and mop up all the benefits you can. Life tells you to be old and boring, but you can always call the shots and have a woman younger than the pin she is bent over on. Live life and enjoy don't be a slave to the system.

#201 5 years ago

F pinball go on a sex tour of American cities. Pinball nothing more satisfying as a high score on an old game and nothing more satisfying as well you know

#202 5 years ago

#271 5 years ago

Take a 30 day vacation and see how you feel at the end. Your liver may need you to go back for those 3 days a week.

#318 5 years ago

You've inspired me. I need to get a new pair too. Mine our so thin now and I turned in my notice to work I'm done at the end of next week. Unfortunately I can only be retired for a week then back to a new job. But what a week it will be.

#320 5 years ago

13's I think they're the ones on the far right.

#322 5 years ago

Some of the best things of not working are the mid day naps and drinking. When I had my own business it was the waking and baking and taking trips down the coast and long lunches in cool bars.

#325 5 years ago

Hell yeah! I lived most my life that way when I only had myself to worry about. A flat of eggs a bag of potatoes and weed and drink. Did a lot of spontaneous free diving and surfing off the coasts. Just being responsible enough to keep it going. I think I can get back there once the kids are all grown up. Although a set of rollers with the biggest board I can find is more my style of fun. Small boards and thrashing is for the young in my book now a days. LOL

#326 5 years ago

I bet the islands are going to be epic. For me tastes have changed. Last time I tried to show some kids how to drop in and skate a pool went real bad and I was only like 32 at the time. Now I'm only 46 but it seems like the old coordination has gone a little side ways. I did ride my sons razor scooter to pick him up from school last week so I'm not totally lame yet I guess.

#328 5 years ago

Those lake waves get big, but they just don't have that same roll to them. I've always liked Michigan more in the winter when all the humidity and bugs are gone. Lots of bars and bowling alleys.

#331 5 years ago

You should start a pinball commune. Fresh organic food tasty waves and bud with a big dose of pinball.

#334 5 years ago

Someone has to pay for the gas in the van.

#336 5 years ago

Bud, pinball, and waves sound good enough.

#338 5 years ago

Unfortunately you and I can remember a much better uncrowded California. Now those were the days.

#339 5 years ago

Fucking beaches look like a refugee camp nowadays.

#342 5 years ago

The metal water slides and rope were the best back then.

#346 5 years ago

The pier didn't have a sign with like 20 fish you shouldn't eat. LOL

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Shouldn’t you guys be in the “you know you’re getting old…” thread?!

Two of the best and funniest threads going.

#350 5 years ago

Holy shit I would just use the inflatable raft. Kudos to you sir.

#358 5 years ago

It was the middle of the desert between Victorville and Barstow I believe and we would camp in tents. WTF were we thinking back then. You would think it was a joke if someone built that today

#361 5 years ago

There used to be a place called lost lake and we would take the tire off a pick up and run a rope on a rim with a wake board.

#363 5 years ago

One time to the salt & sea. All I remember was lots of dead fish and floating rocks. We had lunch and went home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-thinking-about-retiring?tu=buzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.