DSCN7403 (resized).JPG
F260D729-22D7-448F-B4B6-A7141D680748 (resized).jpeg
DD7F7AE8-78A4-4343-BA9D-2055888669AC (resized).jpeg
91UupbPoyFL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
DSCN6787 (resized).JPG
SCAN0089 (resized).JPG
DSCN7401 (resized).JPG
20191111_123446 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lady much younger than I also wearing less clothes

Be careful, they can mess up your retirement real fast.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

it is cash all the way. If I can't pay for it I don't need it.

I recommend getting a credit card that has really good cash rewards. Pay it off every month, and you end up with free money to spend, safety of not carrying cash, and protections if you need to charge back anything.

As far as retiring, I have no plans to ever retire. But I am self-employed and enjoy the different things I do.

So far I have only worked 1 day this month, last month I worked 4 days. (the construction stuff that I like the least).

When in season I work a lot more cutting grass for friends and neighbors and my rental houses. To me cutting grass is not work, I enjoy it and I do not have to get up early or travel far to do it. Not to mention this zero turn is very fast, reminds me of the go-cart I had when I was a kid.

I have actually been a little bored the last few weeks, I really enjoy cutting and splitting firewood, and I have not had any to get dropped off for me to play with lately. It is relaxing and great exercise.

I never had a 9-5 type job except for when I was a teen and did that one summer in the work program so that I would be able to get out of school early. I hated school, bored the hell out of me.

I did work for myself for close to 20 years working around 80 hours a week. Now for the last several years, no way will I work over 20-30 hours in a week unless I am just really having fun.

I hope to live for a very long time, but if I killed over today, I could not complain, I have had a fun life.

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's insane that the property values keep going up. And around here, they are still selling as fast as they can list them

Hell, you could probably sell your place for enough money to buy a place somewhere else on the beach, and have a whole lot left over for retirement.

Yeah, the humidity does suck in the southeast, but prices for real estate are a whole lot better.

I love my place, but not my area anymore.

My place is worth around 250 currently, if it ever goes to a mil I would be tempted to look at moving somewhere else.

I would be tempted, but hell no, all the work I have done improving my place to my taste the last 30 years, I am too old to even try to mess with trying to make a new place as good as what I have.

One good thing about warehouse clubs for shopping is you can just go out one time every 3-4 months and stock up enough that you can stay in your own space.

I will try to do everything I can to protect my property, but now not supposed to fire a gun.

A gun is the easiest way, other than that I could try traps, or building walls or something, but that gets expensive.

They should just make it legal to kill all these intruders messing up our lives.

Stubbs was the best dog I have ever had, the coolest dog ever, and while out in my fenced in yard those coyotes just killed him.

Those evil beasts are everywhere now. I stay at home as much as I can so that I never have to look at one again.

I do miss not having a awesome dog around. Maybe someday even though my property was already fenced, I can fence it better to have another awesome dog, without some bs something that does not belong here but I am in trouble to kill it, killing another of my loved ones.

In the meantime... once the virus stuff is no longer a issue, I would like to do free work at the pound, giving some dogs some attention they need.

I miss the way my neighborhood used to be, lots of awesome dogs around!

#693 3 years ago

I just recently found this topic, and I love it.

I have told people for a long time that I am semi-retired, and I know it is true when I read comments about "I plan to retire in 7 years", etc.

I will never fully retire, I like to stay active and make a few bucks, but I am able to pick and choose what I may want to make a few bucks with.

I do dread when the phone rings anymore, one of 3 things:
1. someone may want me to do construction again and I have to get up early if I want to mess with that.
2. a problem at a rental house.
3. we have been trying to reach you about your car warranty.

My phone is turned off now, they can kiss my ass at the moment, BUT, I will try to get up at the crack of noon Monday.

O-din, don't be breaking the floor or any games, learn to take baby steps after a few too many.

AND, if you did that and was not even buzzed, we are all getting older and shit happens and please get some help, it may be a inner ear thing if you were not buzzed, and that pill Anti-Vert helps with that, but makes you feel like shit if you take it while drinking.

F any 9-5. I can be up at 5am, or I can be up at noon. Nothing in between has ever worked for me. (and I prefer getting up at noon).

The hardest time ever for me has been the something supposed to happen at 10:30 am that I need to be up for.

And it is so funny, when I needed Dental work a few years ago, they had plenty of 8am openings, but after 2pm was a 2 month wait list.

I joined the after 2pm club, even though sometimes it was a 2 month wait.

I love staying up until 5am, I hate getting up at 5am, and I do not mess with that very often, even though I do still enjoy most of that kind of work, and the few bucks it pays.

I wish everyone the best!

If you hate what you do, get the hell out of there before it kills you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-thinking-about-retiring?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.