Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0126 (resized).JPG
RSCN0252 (resized).JPG
IMG_0148 (resized).jpeg
ccdae6440506835777a500792a04c1cf639a256a (resized).jpg
or (resized).png
IMG_9548 (resized).jpeg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You kidding? He ain’t traveling on no narrow tracked death worm!!
Odin, there’s no chance I’m gonna have you over to my place, but I’ll ride the cyclone with you!!
If you think you can handle a REAL coaster !!

I would raise you a "The Beast" from Cincinatti Kings Island, but only the one from 1979-1980, not the one from 2023 today, and at night, and right after it has rained. Best RIDE of my Life, Senior night 1980- definitely faster than it ever was or has been in decades now, 78 MPH per the engineers because thats what it takes to clear the second lift hill chain ride without it ever latching on, meening it never even slows down over the second hill, but screams into the 720 degree double helix reaching 70mph plus at the helix exit. And only a flimsy knee bar half latched over your knees so you could stand up at the top of the first hill and smack the sign that read "Keep hands and feet in car at all times. No Standing!"

IMG_0148 (resized).jpegIMG_0148 (resized).jpeg
#52 7 months ago

If Des Moines is on your route my home is open

#53 7 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You have until July. You could just walk and see everything!

Looks like a 45 day or so walk. Plenty of time for resting, meals etc.

#54 7 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Surprised the airlines haven't figured out a way to extract more money from passengers in real-time. How much extra would you pay to move seats after seeing the 400#piglard that is gonna be half into your seat for the next four hours?

Fly 1st class and Your going to Have a Better experience

#55 7 months ago

Crash tip,If the plane is going down dont bother holding tight to the arm rest because its going down too.

#56 7 months ago

So, my daughter has been in England for the last several years with her MP husband whose deployment is nearing an end. I sent her a message about the wedding and she remembered how when she was little we always talked about driving across the country and visiting amusement parks and such.

Sounds like she is in the road trip! And she has an I-phone as well.

#57 7 months ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

If Des Moines is on your route my home is open

For the 2nd Pinside Pinvitational???
Count me IN!
I’ll even wrangle Postmaster back in the saddle as well. lol

#58 7 months ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

For the 2nd Pinside Pinvitational???
Count me IN!
I’ll even wrangle Postmaster back in the saddle as well. lol

Wanna go to a wedding Nimble? You can bring your Cedar Fair ultimate pass. Should be good for Six Flags by then as well.

In not, we can still do Knott's tomorrow. Captain food pass.

#59 7 months ago

Sweet dreams are made of these. Who am I to disagree.

DSCN0126 (resized).JPGDSCN0126 (resized).JPGRSCN0252 (resized).JPGRSCN0252 (resized).JPG
#60 7 months ago

If you like amusement parks, consider Knobles in Pennsylvania. It has the only wooden bobsled style coaster in the world, one of the best haunted dark rides, an indoor coaster themed after a haunted coal mine, two train rides (one coal/steam), and an incredible carousel that is over 100 years old and is a work of art. It's known for its good and fairly priced food and it's well shaded for the summer. You can camp there too..they rent rustic cabins.

My friend was in RI recently and said this place was good: EM pinball museum...although it seems they have quite a few modern games too.
https://www.electromagneticpinballmuseum.com/

#61 7 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

If you like amusement parks, consider Knobles in Pennsylvania. It has the only wooden bobsled style coaster in the world, one of the best haunted dark rides, an indoor coaster themed after a haunted coal mine, two train rides (one coal/steam), and an incredible carousel that is over 100 years old and is a work of art. It's known for its good and fairly priced food and it's well shaded for the summer. You can camp there too..they rent rustic cabins.
My friend was in RI recently and said this place was good: EM pinball museum...although it seems they have quite a few modern games too.
https://www.electromagneticpinballmuseum.com/

Shouldn't you be asleep right now?

#62 7 months ago

I'd like to thank everybody so far with their generous offers.

This is a long way off and will take some planning if I don't want to just end up standing in my garage drinking beer and watching the fireworks go off all around us like WWIII next 4th of July. But that is always fun in this town at least.

#63 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to thank everybody so far with their generous offers.
This is a long way off and will take some planning if I don't want to just end up standing in my garage drinking beer and watching the fireworks go off all around us like WWIII next 4th of July. But that is always fun in this town at least.

Damn. I thought by now they'd hang you for possession of fireworks in California!

#64 7 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Damn. I thought by now they'd hang you for possession of fireworks in California!

There may be more Fireworks here than in China.Just not sanctioned by Cities.

#65 7 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Sometimes all it takes is telling people they can't do something.

3 months later
#66 4 months ago

Well, still not sure about the trip yet, but got the call last night.

He's done his time in the military and has opted out of doing anymore or going to war and they are coming home next week!

Daddy couldn't be happier.

#67 4 months ago

Just checked: There are no good sandwiches in Rhode Island.

Come to Jersey instead.

#68 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Come to Jersey instead.

Do they have any good food at Six Flags Kingda Ka? We might try to get a nationwide park and food pass if such a thing exists.

#69 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Come to Jersey instead.

Don't eat the cream filled donuts Boob offers you.

#70 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Do they have any good food at Six Flags Kingda Ka? We might try to get a nationwide park and food pass if such a thing exists.

Six flags new jersey is not what it used to be.

#71 4 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Are any of them?

#72 4 months ago

If you go south, don't miss Asheville NC. It's gorgeous. The Blue Ridge Mountains are amazing. If you go north, hit Toronto and Montreal. Those are my third and fourth favorite cities in North America (after NYC and Los Angeles). Toronto loves pinball.

#73 4 months ago
Quoted from poppapin:

But does it have good food?

I fixed up her Camry today. Actually it was mom's 2004 Camry before my daughter wrecked it and I fixed it the first time.

But it only has 18,000 miles, so if that can't make the trip, nothing can.

#74 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I fixed up her Camry today. Actually it was mom's 2004 Camry before my daughter wrecked it and I fixed it the first time.

You have an '04 Camry with 18K miles? That car will around for another 100 years at that rate.

#75 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That’s a cherry!

#76 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Come to Jersey instead.

I think he likes hot dogs.

#77 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You have an '04 Camry with 18K miles? That car will around for another 100 years at that rate.

As long as we no longer test the crumple zones and airbags it should.

#78 4 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I think he likes hot dogs.

Especially the foot long.

#79 4 months ago

if you are coming to RI i have a house you can stay in for free - it's separate from my house - it's very nice and almost 1400 sq ft - but it's also one of my game rooms and has about 25 pins so it's set up as a 1 bedroom - you can bring a dog as long as its trained. it has kitchen/bathroom/bedroom and i'm sure you can find pictures somewhere on here.

anyway it's empty and you are welcome to use it with your family - there is a queen bed and 2 bunk beds in the bedroom, and then there is a couch in the main big room. we are in a very safe area called north smithfield ri - right on the mass line.

feel free to reach out if you need a place to stay - again it's totally separate so you wouldn't feel weird as it's a separate house.

thanks ed

#80 4 months ago

Ed,

That's the most generous offer ever. Thanks. Sounds like a lovely place.

Can I just move in?

#81 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

No. They do have gangs, though.

Six Flags sucks now.

#82 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. They do have gangs, though.
Six Flags sucks now.

They fixed ours with metal detectors and a cop shop right at the entrance, but I heard about 20 years ago there were some problems.

Magic Mountain seems safe enough now. But the food has always been average at best. Except Johnny Rockets which is pretty good.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.