Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

690C21BD-232C-441E-A19C-2964B10A907C (resized).jpeg
F1498363-F362-4AC6-9F87-35A4A9EA5F30 (resized).jpeg
2EC32C8A-66A9-42B7-9D96-4D3F4B7C0C06 (resized).jpeg
9352BB53-ACEE-48B5-BB2F-E2EB66A2020A (resized).jpeg
60C1AA25-3009-4965-A7C8-198ECACF0CC1 (resized).jpeg
ECA99C4D-E265-4F61-B098-B9763A0B15CE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone saying to keep the remake is just plain wrong or defending the fact they own a remake.
A nice original is far better in all categories (plays better, easier to maintain and more robust, better lights and options for you to light it how you want, better pf printing, better flipper feel). It is not even a debate. sorry, not sorry.
MMr is great for what it is > brought down the price to something more people could then experience and a new classic. However, it was the first game out the door by CGC and they have made many refinements with the next 2 from what they learned. If they do another run of MMr with the new refinements and color big dots then this may be worth debate in the future.

The sky is falling, I agree with Whysnow. I'm an MMr owner. They are very nice and I'm happy to have it. A properly restored original is better in every way other then the dmd. The remakes play fine, but they do not feel like an original.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They play the same. The original might “feel” different because the parts are older and more worn. Personally I’d keep the remake with the all new parts. Do keep in mind a bigger screen is going to be available for the remake eventually, I think also with upgraded audio. That’ll only work in the remake.

They play similar but not the same. A restored original is not going to have many worn parts that play sloppy either. The difference is largely in the flipper feel and the fact that the games just feel more solid. Some people think the flipper feel is due to the emulation of the code which does make a little sense. Like I said though, both are very nice. We are splitting hairs really.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remake. Can’t get that amazing color display for an original.

You mean that thing that you only look at when it starts multiball, you destroy the castle, or save a princess? No question the CGC screens are cool, but like all displays, they are not looked at a lot.

Quoted from Gregc:

Whysnow this is your opinion " plain wrong" and mine is worth as much as your is. No need to argue but I am not wrong just a different opinion. Yours opinion matters little to me I make my own decisions. I am sure I have worked on more machines than you have and have owned more so take that for what it is worth. It does have value and I prefer the remake. I have owned several of the original also a remake. I have been a technician for over 34 years.

These are all just our opinions. I know several long term techs and a restorer that feel the opposite of you. They like the remakes, think they are nice, still prefer the original.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep that’s the one!
It’s less expensive and new. How about that? Haha. I get why some would want an original, but give me new all day long.

Very fair points if you were looking to buy one. I chose a nib MMr for those exact reasons. But what would you do if you already have both setting there. In that case if the original is restored properly I'd go with it and sell the MMr.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d honestly keep the one that played better. I’ve played some professionally restored games that play like hot garbage.

Agreed, sometimes that super heavy cc makes them play sluggish. Not all restores are created equal.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

You have a MMLE? Nobrainer keep the MMLE.

The LE doesnt really add anything. That's coming from an MMrLE owner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-in-love-with-two-medieval-madness-pins?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.