Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

690C21BD-232C-441E-A19C-2964B10A907C (resized).jpeg
F1498363-F362-4AC6-9F87-35A4A9EA5F30 (resized).jpeg
2EC32C8A-66A9-42B7-9D96-4D3F4B7C0C06 (resized).jpeg
9352BB53-ACEE-48B5-BB2F-E2EB66A2020A (resized).jpeg
60C1AA25-3009-4965-A7C8-198ECACF0CC1 (resized).jpeg
ECA99C4D-E265-4F61-B098-B9763A0B15CE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider britrex1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I think it is easier to argue for owning an original. If you own an MMr you always have to rationalize - “it feels and is new”, “coils are snappy”, “display is nicer”, “it has modern technology”, “it’s every bit as good as an original”, etc., etc. - you feel compelled to explain why you chose the remake - both to yourself and others. If you have an original none of this is necessary - you own an original, no further explanations required.

Hahaha its funny you call it points that remake owners try to rationalize when in reality those are facts. I'm pretty sure it's the original owners that are trying to rationalize their machines "It's easier to maintain" "It feels more original" "blah blah blah". I for one am very happy for everyone that owns one (remake or original) but those of you that paid over inflated prices for your originals and are now pissed about it because your going to lose $ and have to rag on the remakes all the time. I don't feel sorry for you because it was you that over inflated the prices in the first place by paying those prices.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't own either, nor do I plan to. I have played both and rag on the refakes because they were a let down from the minute the surprise was revealed when the backglass was removed and only got worse as the surprise giand board we're revealed under the playfield. Not surprisingly, they also don't play true to original.

But they do play true to the originals. The people saying they don't are the ones trying to rationalize the originals. I have also played many original MM and when I got the chance to own a MMr I jumped on it without ever playing one and it plays as good or better than any of them. The build quality is just as good or better. As far as the electronics go on the remakes it may look harder to repair but people find a way to fix things. I mean we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it wasn't for those guys that pioneered this hobby and made tons of tutorials for fixing all of the older machines.

Quoted from twenty84:

So all games play different.. except remakes which play just like the original?

It's unfortunate that this has to be explained to someone that has been in the hobby more than a year but here it goes. Pinball machines have many variables that can determine how a machine plays whether it is the pitch, dirt, worn rubbers, broken mechs, bent rails, or worn out coils, etc, etc. the list goes on and on which makes all machines play differently. But the remakes playing true to the originals means they have the exact same shot geometry, light show, call outs, coil timing, etc. etc. Should I continue to explain or were you just being an ass trying to get a rise out of someone?

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've owned both. I love both. You can't go wrong with either one.
But for build quality, they don't make games now like they used to. Go to the side of the cabinet for your MMR, and knock on it like a door. Listen to how hollow that knock sounds. Then go to any B/W game, and knock on that. It's dense. It's high quality wood. You can even see the grain in it.

I have to wonder if the hollowness that your talking about has to do with the older ones having more wiring and components in them to help to deaden the sound? Or could be some kind of chemical they used on the wood that they are no longer aloud to use I dunno but to say the wood is lesser quality is a stretch.

Quoted from Damien:

They are not identical, and it's unfair to compare them as such. The original has it's advantages, and so do the remakes. The decision to own one one the other should be personal, and you should not make others feel like crap because they've chosen differently.

While the electronics/wiring components of them may not be identical (oh and code for shaker and color dots) everything else is. The only real advantages of the originals is the ability to change the lighting as you see fit (which is a big advantage for some people) and IF you have other machines of that era and something goes wrong you might be able to swap out parts/boards to be able to play it. Also I never tried to make anyone feel like crap for choosing anything. Like I said I'm happy for everyone that has one remake or original. It's the people that are always ragging on the remakes that should feel like crap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider britrex1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-in-love-with-two-medieval-madness-pins?tu=britrex1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.