Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

690C21BD-232C-441E-A19C-2964B10A907C (resized).jpeg
F1498363-F362-4AC6-9F87-35A4A9EA5F30 (resized).jpeg
2EC32C8A-66A9-42B7-9D96-4D3F4B7C0C06 (resized).jpeg
9352BB53-ACEE-48B5-BB2F-E2EB66A2020A (resized).jpeg
60C1AA25-3009-4965-A7C8-198ECACF0CC1 (resized).jpeg
ECA99C4D-E265-4F61-B098-B9763A0B15CE (resized).jpeg

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

A decision has been made........
Medieval Madness original is staying.
A guy asked me the other night, "do they play diffently"?
My response was yes. In my opinion, with the two games side-by-side, there was a definite difference. One feels like an older B/W, and the other like a modern game (Stern).
Is one better than the other? Not in my opinion.
As a matter of fact, the deciding factor had very little to do with the feel of the game. I decided on the original, because I have more confidence in being able to repair issues as they occur.
Everyone else who played the two games said they prefer the remake. They liked the snappier flippers, and the enhanced dots.
Did I make the right choice? Who knows!

You made the right decision. Atleast in my opinion.

#102 5 years ago

They play different because one had 25 year old worn parts and one is new. Simple as that.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They play different because one had 25 year old worn parts and one is new. Simple as that.

Yeah and it still plays better than the remake, even with the with parts

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Yeah and it still plays better than the remake, even with the with parts

Nope, but whatever man. Carry on

#105 5 years ago

Remake has far more adjustability, shaker integration, hi res color display, upgraded cab, easy software upgrades via SD and possible hardware upgrades coming from CGC to bring it inline with the newer remakes.

Original has the advantages of being broken in (except your repro PF) and well known boards, as well as it has Williams logos on it. I kinda like how the ColorDMD looks too, but everyone tells me I’m high.

I’ve had an original, I have a remake, and I will say this, at first I preferred the feel of the well worn in original. It did need some work, especially a flipper refresh, but it was more forgiving. The remake is easier to make shots on because you have more flipper power by far, but the bounce back from things was brutal and the slings are just death. I’ve actually dialed my flippers and other coils way back to get that original feel tho.

There is some cache to owning an original as in it is somehow a little more special to some, but honestly, I’m quite happy with MMR and at this point as it is finally broken in and not playing like a “brand new game” anymore... so I don’t see myself really wanting an original as much as I once did. I’ve finally made it my own.

So my opinion? Go with the one that feels right, make it your own, and be happy with your choice.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Have to politely disagree. My original is restored with all new parts, and a new Mirco pf. The difference is in the feel of the flippers. The MM plays just like my TOM, TZ, and IJ. The MMR plays more like Sterns I've owned.

Not a bad or good thing. Just a difference thing.

Again, all the people the played my game, said they would want the remake. I personally decided to keep the original because it's a game I will likely have here still when my children are grown up, and I want to be able to service it and keep it going

#107 5 years ago

Had an original and now a remake...... for me considering all factors I would keep the MMR.

One main reason beside being fresh and new and playing alot snappier is that you can completely adjust your game to the environment its in. All coil pulse settings can be controlled to truly dial the game in.

IMO the only advantage to having an original for me would be to change out LEDs at will on the inserts. GI's can be changed at ant time

#108 5 years ago

Compared to all my other games, I don't like the flipper feel on my MMr. Rest of the game is fine.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Remake has far more adjustability,

The original didn't need to be adjustable power in order to play "right". That in itself made it better. The play girls is fine on the remake. Having the flippers different sucks. That's your interface with the game.

Added over 5 years ago:

The play field, not play girl

#110 5 years ago

I had to change my flipper strength to -6 , and that made them feel like my other B/W games. Many people don't want to dial the strength back with this title because it's so easy to make the ramps and castle, even if "batting" the ball as it rolls down, rather than actually lining up shots.

#111 5 years ago

I have never played any of the remakes, but Im surprised the originals aren't more popular, just for the fact the WPC boards are fairly easy to work on. From what I've seen there isnt much you can repair on the remakes.

#112 5 years ago

What can’t you repair on the remake that would go wrong with the 97 version? I know everyone’s got board phobia, but boards are boards... New or old, a board goes bad it needs to be repaired or replaced. As long as CGC is around I’m sure those boards will be available, and while not just any yahoo can repair an MMR board, that’s also true of a WPC board... although yes it’s more accessible to the novice. And while there are some WPC95 replacement options, there are a couple boards there that are NLA... so be ready to shell out if it goes.

And while they look scary, there really a lot less to go bad on a modern PCB than one designed in the late 80s/early 90s.

As for the rest? Castle gate, trolls, ramps, it’s all still there. Basically the same mechs. Same screws. Same places.

It’s not like you’re just throwing out an 8k machine.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The original didn't need to be adjustable power in order to play "right". That in itself made it better. The play girls is fine on the remake. Having the flippers different sucks. That's your interface with the game.

Some people might find the much more powerful flippers better. You need the adjustment for people like me who want a more old school feel. Most poeple probably never bother and just leave it on default.

Plus c’mon, you’re saying the original didn’t need adjustment? Of course it didn’t, lol. That’s why it’s the standard.

Besides, I know 3 - 4 people with original MM and not two of them have the same flipper feel. Different angles, rubber, aftermarket bats and levels of wear all make a difference. That’s pinball kids.

Look, I don’t care if you like remakes or not, because they’re here and that’s our world now. I have friends who are massively butthurt because the remake destroyed the sanctity (heh heh) of their high dollar collections, and yeah, that sucks. But they are a quality product that’s putting pins into people's houses, and that’s good. I wouldn’t have an MM (“my” original was a long term loaner) otherwise. I just don’t get the attitude.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

What can’t you repair on the remake that would go wrong with the 97 version? I know everyone’s got board phobia, but boards are boards... New or old, a board goes bad it needs to be repaired or replaced. As long as CGC is around I’m sure those boards will be available, and while not just any yahoo can repair an MMR board, that’s also true of a WPC board... although yes it’s more accessible to the novice. And while there are some WPC95 replacement options, there are a couple boards there that are NLA... so be ready to shell out if it goes.
And while they look scary, there really a lot less to go bad on a modern PCB than one designed in the late 80s/early 90s.
As for the rest? Castle gate, trolls, ramps, it’s all still there. Basically the same mechs. Same screws. Same places.
It’s not like you’re just throwing out an 8k machine.

Of course not. But if the new boards have components that are too small to repair and solder by hand then you're dependant on the availability of new boards for replacement, which could be an issue down the road. And no, i wouldn't think the game mechs are any more of a problem or different on a new one vs the old.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Some people might find the much more powerful flippers better. You need the adjustment for people like me who want a more old school feel. Most poeple probably never bother and just leave it on default.
Plus c’mon, you’re saying the original didn’t need adjustment? Of course it didn’t, lol. That’s why it’s the standard.
Besides, I know 3 - 4 people with original MM and not two of them have the same flipper feel. Different angles, rubber, aftermarket bats and levels of wear all make a difference. That’s pinball kids.
Look, I don’t care if you like remakes or not, because they’re here and that’s our world now. I have friends who are massively butthurt because the remake destroyed the sanctity (heh heh) of their high dollar collections, and yeah, that sucks. But they are a quality product that’s putting pins into people's houses, and that’s good. I wouldn’t have an MM (“my” original was a long term loaner) otherwise. I just don’t get the attitude.

I have an original, I've played remakes. The originals play better. The remakes are fine. I'd get one if they made a game I wanted and didn't have. That does not mean they are better. They are more accessible. The adjustment I was referring to was coil strength. That was not, and didn't need to be adjusted. The games were designed with the coils in mind. Not it's just Todd in could and make them shoot how ever you want so you can make short that should be missed. It makes games to easy. Of course the originals needed adjustment, posts, switched, flipper position etc. But not coil strength.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I have an original, I've played remakes. The originals play better. The remakes are fine. I'd get one if they made a game I wanted and didn't have. That does not mean they are better. They are more accessible. The adjustment I was referring to was coil strength. That was not, and didn't need to be adjusted. The games were designed with the coils in mind. Not it's just Todd in could and make them shoot how ever you want so you can make short that should be missed. It makes games to easy. Of course the originals needed adjustment, posts, switched, flipper position etc. But not coil strength.

My MM has the same coils as your MM. Same coils, coil stops, flipper plungers, bats, links, the works. The difference is how they’re powered. The newer machines have a more efficient power system and therefore you get more flipper power.

Games play better, games play worse, it’s all subjective. I’m just baffled that people are dug in on this.

You want your MM to feel like a new Stern? Dial it up. You want it to play like a 97? Drop it a few notches. It’s really that easy.

#117 5 years ago

How about this. There are like 95% or more people out there that couldn't ever afford an item like this, so whether you own a MMR, an MM, or even a Shaq Attack for that matter, you're probably in that small group of people that should consider themselves fortunate

I had both games side-by-side for months. It would be harder to draw a more complete comparison. And in the end, I settle it as a TIE!

And that will hopefully conclude this never ending debate (but likely not).

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

My MM has the same coils as your MM. Same coils, coil stops, flipper plungers, bats, links, the works. The difference is how they’re powered. The newer machines have a more efficient power system and therefore you get more flipper power.
Games play better, games play worse, it’s all subjective. I’m just baffled that people are dug in on this.
You want your MM to feel like a new Stern? Dial it up. You want it to play like a 97? Drop it a few notches. It’s really that easy.

The point is you shouldn't need to change it, it should be designed as intended since it's a remake. I've also said MMr plays ok. It's just not what the original was.

#119 5 years ago

The funny frign thing is most of the folks stating MM is better than MMR have not owned both.... makes me laugh

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The funny frign thing is most of the folks stating MM is better than MMR have not owned both.... makes me laugh

makes me laugh as well....I had both...couldn't tell the difference

#121 5 years ago

I’ve played multiple examples of both and they were all different. They are both great but I’ll take the new stuff

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

The point is you shouldn't need to change it, it should be designed as intended since it's a remake. I've also said MMr plays ok. It's just not what the original was.

I’m pretty sure you missed the point I was making entirely which was go with what you like better.

It’s a REMAKE btw, not a replica. Hence the shaker, upgraded display, led lighting, etc.

#123 5 years ago

Personally speaking, you couldn't give me two remakes for my restored one. Not saying the new ones are not nice, but depending on the level of restoration, no manufactured game is going to compare. Mine is uber nice, so it's unfair, but if yours is too.... I think it would speak for itself. In the end, do what make you happy

#124 5 years ago

I think it is easier to argue for owning an original. If you own an MMr you always have to rationalize - “it feels and is new”, “coils are snappy”, “display is nicer”, “it has modern technology”, “it’s every bit as good as an original”, etc., etc. - you feel compelled to explain why you chose the remake - both to yourself and others. If you have an original none of this is necessary - you own an original, no further explanations required.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I think it is easier to argue for owning an original. If you own an MMr you always have to rationalize - “it feels and is new”, “coils are snappy”, “display is nicer”, “it has modern technology”, “it’s every bit as good as an original”, etc., etc. - you feel compelled to explain why you chose the remake - both to yourself and others. If you have an original none of this is necessary - you own an original, no further explanations required.

Hahaha its funny you call it points that remake owners try to rationalize when in reality those are facts. I'm pretty sure it's the original owners that are trying to rationalize their machines "It's easier to maintain" "It feels more original" "blah blah blah". I for one am very happy for everyone that owns one (remake or original) but those of you that paid over inflated prices for your originals and are now pissed about it because your going to lose $ and have to rag on the remakes all the time. I don't feel sorry for you because it was you that over inflated the prices in the first place by paying those prices.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 5 years ago

OP, keep whatever game makes you the happiest when you're playing it.

Reliability shouldn't be a concern with the remakes, since modern electronics are simply more reliable than older electronics, not to mention the fact that parts are cheaper. Heat kills electronics, and these new ones put out very little of that. Any SMT component on any of these boards can be replaced by someone who knows how to work with SMT devices. If I'm not mistaken the smallest SMT component I saw was an 0603 part, which are incredibly easy to work with without any mangification. 0402s are workable but can be annoying. There is nothing smaller than that on these boards. Even the larger ICs (PICs) can easily be replaced if they're not the BGA-variety. The cost of decent soldering tools is low, and you can practice all you want on spare boards until you're good at it.

If you don't like the feel of the flippers on the MMr, just replace them with the same flippers as the original and adjust the power...?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

Hahaha its funny you call it points that remake owners try to rationalize when in reality those are facts. I'm pretty sure it's the original owners that are trying to rationalize their machines "It's easier to maintain" "It feels more original" "blah blah blah". I for one am very happy for everyone that owns one (remake or original) but those of you that paid over inflated prices for your originals and are now pissed about it because your going to lose $ and have to rag on the remakes all the time. I don't feel sorry for you because it was you that over inflated the prices in the first place by paying those prices.

I don't own either, nor do I plan to. I have played both and rag on the refakes because they were a let down from the minute the surprise was revealed when the backglass was removed and only got worse as the surprise giand board we're revealed under the playfield. Not surprisingly, they also don't play true to original.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't own either, nor do I plan to. I have played both and rag on the refakes because they were a let down from the minute the surprise was revealed when the backglass was removed and only got worse as the surprise giand board we're revealed under the playfield. Not surprisingly, they also don't play true to original.

laughable.....all games play a little different, but to say they don't play true to the original is a joke.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Its really one solid system....... Just as an example look at the post about the one on RT. Only parts breaking are hardware.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

laughable.....all games play a little different, but to say they don't play true to the original is a joke.

So all games play different.. except remakes which play just like the original?

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

LMAO. Bam!

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

sometime people think the flippers play a little differently.....game itself is EXACTLY the same....zero difference

#133 5 years ago

Everyone has their own opinion...... Had three AFMs, two MBs and a MM and now I own remakes of all three.

On AFM I specifically sold and bought a remake after owning MMR and loving it.

I think they are play just as well if not better than the originals and I have been doing pinball for over 20 plus years.

To each there own I guess.

#134 5 years ago

If you decide to keep your remake, stock up on replacement boards from CGC now.

I have owned my original MM over 15 years for a reason, but should have bought it years earlier, but it simply too expensive or hard to pry out of collectors hands.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you decide to keep your remake, stock up on replacement boards from CGC.

I have owned my original MM over 15 years for a reason.

Back on post #100, he decided he was gonna keep the original MM.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

But they do play true to the originals. The people saying they don't are the ones trying to rationalize the originals. I have also played many original MM and when I got the chance to own a MMr I jumped on it without ever playing one and it plays as good or better than any of them. The build quality is just as good or better. As far as the electronics go on the remakes it may look harder to repair but people find a way to fix things. I mean we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it wasn't for those guys that pioneered this hobby and made tons of tutorials for fixing all of the older machines.

Quoted from twenty84:

It's unfortunate that this has to be explained to someone that has been in the hobby more than a year but here it goes. Pinball machines have many variables that can determine how a machine plays whether it is the pitch, dirt, worn rubbers, broken mechs, bent rails, or worn out coils, etc, etc. the list goes on and on which makes all machines play differently. But the remakes playing true to the originals means they have the exact same shot geometry, light show, call outs, coil timing, etc. etc. Should I continue to explain or were you just being an ass trying to get a rise out of someone?

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

But they do play true to the originals. The people saying they don't are the ones trying to rationalize the originals. I have also played many original MM and when I got the chance to own a MMr I jumped on it without ever playing one and it plays as good or better than any of them. The build quality is just as good or better. As far as the electronics go on the remakes it may look harder to repair but people find a way to fix things. I mean we wouldn't even be having this conversation if it wasn't for those guys that pioneered this hobby and made tons of tutorials for fixing all of the older machines.

It's unfortunate that this has to be explained to someone that has been in the hobby more than a year but here it goes. Pinball machines have many variables that can determine how a machine plays whether it is the pitch, dirt, worn rubbers, broken mechs, bent rails, or worn out coils, etc, etc. the list goes on and on which makes all machines play differently. But the remakes playing true to the originals means they have the exact same shot geometry, light show, call outs, coil timing, etc. etc. Should I continue to explain or were you just being an ass trying to get a rise out of someone?

To each his own. I disagree. I am clearly not trying to rationalize the original..... I don't own one. They just feel completely different to me.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

The build quality is just as good or better.

I've owned both. I love both. You can't go wrong with either one.

But for build quality, they don't make games now like they used to. Go to the side of the cabinet for your MMR, and knock on it like a door. Listen to how hollow that knock sounds. Then go to any B/W game, and knock on that. It's dense. It's high quality wood. You can even see the grain in it.

I actually like how the remakes look, as the side walls are nice and smooth.

CGC just put out a bulletin because of issues with MBr cabinets, and I know other manufacturers have had issues in recent times too.

The remakes stand out to me because they are a refreshing interpretation of some of the best games ever made. They are not identical, and it's unfair to compare them as such. The original has it's advantages, and so do the remakes. The decision to own one one the other should be personal, and you should not make others feel like crap because they've chosen differently.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

If you decide to keep your remake, stock up on replacement boards from CGC now.
I have owned my original MM over 15 years for a reason, but should have bought it years earlier, but it simply too expensive or hard to pry out of collectors hands.

Why........ theres literally millions of beagle boards out there and they cost about 50 bucks. I would not worry about the proprietary boards at this point. No more than I would worry about B/W stuff 20 years ago.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Why........ theres literally millions of beagle boards out there and they cost about 50 bucks. I would not worry about the proprietary boards at this point. No more than I would worry about B/W stuff 20 years ago.

I think concerns about the repairability of modern boards are over blown. That said, the beagle board does cost about $50 and is essentially disposable if anything on it fails. More concerns are focused on the large boards under the play field that will likely be much more expensive and hard to find in the future.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Everyone has their own opinion...... Had three AFMs, two MBs and a MM and now I own remakes of all three.
On AFM I specifically sold and bought a remake after owning MMR and loving it.
I think they are play just as well if not better than the originals and I have been doing pinball for over 20 plus years.
To each there own I guess.

Agree. I have had originals, full blown restorations and decided the remakes were the way to go. Sold MMRLE a little while ago and just picked up this bad boy.

60C1AA25-3009-4965-A7C8-198ECACF0CC1 (resized).jpeg60C1AA25-3009-4965-A7C8-198ECACF0CC1 (resized).jpegECA99C4D-E265-4F61-B098-B9763A0B15CE (resized).jpegECA99C4D-E265-4F61-B098-B9763A0B15CE (resized).jpeg
#142 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I think concerns about the repairability of modern boards are over blown. That said, the beagle board does cost about $50 and is essentially disposable if anything on it fails. More concerns are focused on the large boards under the play field that will likely be much more expensive and hard to find in the future.

As someone who has a career in the electronics industry, the repair-ability concerns are extremely overblown. If you have the schematics (which you do; these remakes come with full schematics for all of the boards) and know what you're doing or know a good tech, repairing these things is trivial. Like I said in my previous post, it's easier and cheaper to find/buy SMT parts for these modern assemblies than old, legacy through-hole parts. If you have decent soldering skills, replacing just about any component is a piece of cake.

Not to mention the fact that modern electronics are simply more reliable.

#143 5 years ago

People drive themselves crazy with comparisons like this. If one is in clearly better shape than the other, keep it. If not, the extra features on the remake might make me lean towards that. If you still can't decide, put em both up for sale and keep the one that doesnt go!
As far as the remake's board issue, I like B/W games because I do most of the work on them myself. But I am sure that board availability be be fine in the future. There are too many MM's, AFM's, and MB's out there for CGC to just walk away from the money by no longer supporting them, and if they do, someone else will come along with a repro, just like Rottendog, Ni-Wumph, and the guys who make the Prism board for RFM which was said to be the doom of all of those games. As far as original vs remake, JJP releases a new version of WOZ every few months. Are they "remakes"? Newer is almst always better, with improvements in technology, etc. I drive a newer Corvette which I guess could be considered loosely as a remake of earlier Corvettes from the '60's that we drove when I was a kid. You know what? The new one is more reliable, handles better, brakes quicker, and is way faster than most of the older muscle cars! When I talked to the local Corvette shop about maybe a '68 or '69 big block, his first words were -"You don't plan to drive this every day do you? This is not an everyday driver!" The original is nice, and I would love to own one. But the "remake" is just a way better deal all around, for my money.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I drive a newer Corvette which I guess could be considered loosely as a remake of earlier Corvettes from the '60's that we drove when I was a kid. You know what? The new one is more reliable, handles better, brakes quicker, and is way faster than most of the older muscle cars! When I talked to the local Corvette shop about maybe a '68 or '69 big block, his first words were -"You don't plan to drive this every day do you? This is not an everyday driver!" The original is nice, and I would love to own one. But the "remake" is just a way better deal all around, for my money.

but the old ones are way cooler.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've owned both. I love both. You can't go wrong with either one.
But for build quality, they don't make games now like they used to. Go to the side of the cabinet for your MMR, and knock on it like a door. Listen to how hollow that knock sounds. Then go to any B/W game, and knock on that. It's dense. It's high quality wood. You can even see the grain in it.

I have to wonder if the hollowness that your talking about has to do with the older ones having more wiring and components in them to help to deaden the sound? Or could be some kind of chemical they used on the wood that they are no longer aloud to use I dunno but to say the wood is lesser quality is a stretch.

Quoted from Damien:

They are not identical, and it's unfair to compare them as such. The original has it's advantages, and so do the remakes. The decision to own one one the other should be personal, and you should not make others feel like crap because they've chosen differently.

While the electronics/wiring components of them may not be identical (oh and code for shaker and color dots) everything else is. The only real advantages of the originals is the ability to change the lighting as you see fit (which is a big advantage for some people) and IF you have other machines of that era and something goes wrong you might be able to swap out parts/boards to be able to play it. Also I never tried to make anyone feel like crap for choosing anything. Like I said I'm happy for everyone that has one remake or original. It's the people that are always ragging on the remakes that should feel like crap.

#146 5 years ago

I remember hosting a pinball party with a group of my unmarried friends. As luck (or was it skill) would have it that night, Roger made it all the way to BFTK on my original MM and was able to beat it. In a triumphant scream he exclaimed "YOU CANT PULL THAT OFF ON ONE OF THEM RE-FAKES", everyone cheered and he began banging on the side of the cabinet like an enraged adonis coupled with the upper body type of a hefty bag filled with wet bread.

My girlfriend at the time was sensitive about her recent breast augmentation and this spectacle obviously got the better of her. "Yeah well what about these RE-FAKES!!" she yelled, "My man doesn't care and he can't tell the damn difference, so just leave those CGC pins alone already, they are newer, put out less heat and the electronics will last longer. You creeps are just jealous with your old ass sagging caps and limp flippers". A wave of silence fell over the group as everyone looked over at me - shocked and utterly disappointed. I knew what had to be done, there was no way Roger, Chet, Red, and Ted would stand for this (hell, they almost broke ties when I was serious about getting that Pontiac Fiero Ferrari Testarossa).

Crestfallen, I dumped her on the spot, and told her there was no way she could talk to my friends like that, and insult my original games at the same time.
The tension was unreal as everyone stood in complete silence but thankfully Chet accidentally dragged his ham like fist against TZ's flipper and the car horn sounded off.

It wasn't easy to do, but i'd like to think any real pinball person would have done the same thing in my shoes. Yeah, she went on from modeling underwear exclusively to full swimsuits but let's just say much like MM, I don't miss using the plunger if you know what I mean. I have my originals, and the best damn group of friends a guy could ever want.

#148 5 years ago

If owners or supporters profess the superiority and/or reliability of remakes over originals, then there are no concerns. I offered my experience servicing both types of MM games and evaluating their overall construction. There are added construction/electronic differences between AFMr and MBr, and cannot be compared equally to the first generation MMr games.

I do recognize the difficulty of obtaining a superb example of an original game today, so new collectors may not have an option. Good fortune.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Crestfallen, I dumped her on the spot, and told her there was no way she could talk to my friends like that, and insult my original games at the same time.

but you two do still PM ocassionally here on Pinside, right?

2 months later
#150 4 years ago

Just defeated BFTK for the first time after 12 years of owning this game and set a new grand champ score. Such a rush, I still love this game and glad I held onto it! It’s timeless

2EC32C8A-66A9-42B7-9D96-4D3F4B7C0C06 (resized).jpeg2EC32C8A-66A9-42B7-9D96-4D3F4B7C0C06 (resized).jpegF1498363-F362-4AC6-9F87-35A4A9EA5F30 (resized).jpegF1498363-F362-4AC6-9F87-35A4A9EA5F30 (resized).jpeg690C21BD-232C-441E-A19C-2964B10A907C (resized).jpeg690C21BD-232C-441E-A19C-2964B10A907C (resized).jpeg9352BB53-ACEE-48B5-BB2F-E2EB66A2020A (resized).jpeg9352BB53-ACEE-48B5-BB2F-E2EB66A2020A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-in-love-with-two-medieval-madness-pins/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.