Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinstyle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I've taken that upper playfield out about 20 times now. Each time disconnecting the 7 or so various cables (sometimes I didn't reconnect them all), poked myself and drew blood on those springs a few times, cut the springs a few times, stretched them a few times, etc. I finally thought I had it at a good equilibrium, put the game all back together, dollied it back in to place and finally played a full game on it and got RESCUE mode a few times when I was not in the upper playfield. I suppose I should order some new springs to see if "factory" new will do anything. I don't see any other way to adjust the doors... they are all the way "closed" when screwed on to the motor shafts. I don't see any way to "move" the switches so it seems it mostly comes down to spring pressure. Enough to close the doors and prevent false triggering of the door switches and not too much to prevent them from opening. Frustrating.

#2 5 years ago

20 times? Well, from the experience I had doing the same thing, you're almost there.

Are you having door open/close problems or door switch problems? Maybe both? I did learn that the door switches need to be the switches with green plungers. Apparently there are different force requirements for the microswitch plungers. I had red plunger switches in there and fought them constantly. Put some used switches in there that had green plungers and they worked great. As far as the door springs, that was trial and error of cutting and stretching springs. Maybe get some new ones from JJP and start over with them.

#3 5 years ago

User error

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

20 times? Well, from the experience I had doing the same thing, you're almost there.
Are you having door open/close problems or door switch problems? Maybe both? I did learn that the door switches need to be the switches with green plungers. Apparently there are different force requirements for the microswitch plungers. I had red plunger switches in there and fought them constantly. Put some used switches in there that had green plungers and they worked great. As far as the door springs, that was trial and error of cutting and stretching springs. Maybe get some new ones from JJP and start over with them.

Thanks for that input, I'll see about ordering the springs and switches.

#6 5 years ago

I owned a Wizard of Oz Pin (NIB) for two and a half of years. We enjoyed playing it but it seemed that every couple of weeks or so something would go wrong - mostly minor things. A few of the more serious issues I had to call a JJP representative and get advice on how to fix. Many owners were writing pinside about their problems. Finally, I must say, I lost my nerve and sold it before something went wrong that I would be unable to fix. No pinball repairman within 100 miles. IMO this pin has too many bells and whistles. I currently own a "The Beatles" Gold machine and enjoy it much more.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

... IMO this pin has too many bells and whistles. I currently own a "The Beatles" Gold machine and enjoy it much more.

April fools??

#8 5 years ago

Don't give up mang. I have never had to adjust my switches so my advice could be wrong but you should be able to listen and hear the switches being activated and know they are adjusted properly before putting the playfield back on. They need to be able to register within the small amount of movement the doors have but not so sensitive that they will activate under a little vibration. I know that window is small but it can be done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-giving-up-on-castle-doors-going-to-deal-with-the-random-rescue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.