(Topic ID: 245998)

I'm getting tired of playing virtually and want to try a real machine

By FloorTheInsane

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190626_230919 (resized).jpg
    20190626_230905 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floortheinsane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

My only problem is budget and space. I'd love to own a Black Hole or a Black Knight but I dont think I have enough room for any of those and I am still a smidge bit young to own a house (I'm 15.) What can I do?

#5 4 years ago

SDTMinSTL I wish I had friends or places within walking or biking distance for me to play pinball. Thing is I have the slight fortune of being homeschooled, only I only go outside 3 times a week normally and it's mostly for church and karate classes which bites me in the leg since I also have the misfortune of living in the middle of nowhere in the south. The joy of not having a true neighborhood. Also my parents are against me biking on my road due to idiotic drivers so I have no choice but to cross that out.

#7 4 years ago

Breaking_Dad They'd think it's one of my joke listings. (I have requested multiple things as a joke last year such as a Volkswagen Golf and a Spitfire)

#29 4 years ago

Luckydogg420 I agree. Seeme awfully odd for me

Pinball-is-great I dont think I can rearrange successfully without getting yelled at. I don't exactly have a family room. And my parents are strict about the metal building that will become a garage thats being built.... I wish I was old enough to own an apartment

20190626_230919 (resized).jpg20190626_230919 (resized).jpg20190626_230905 (resized).jpg20190626_230905 (resized).jpg
    #34 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

you can deffo fit pins in there after a tidy up.

I mean maybe when the refrigerator is gone I can put an EM. Maybe....

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Looks like your room was ransacked!

Three things:

Cats

Brother

My Mild Laziness (also a light fixture my father forgets about)

Quoted from littlecammi:

Get a fake I.D. and go to some barcades? But maybe that's not such a good idea. (Not recommended.)
    Or just participate on Pinside. Some are here so often I don't know how they have time to actually play pinball.

I mean I do look like I'm in my 20s when I let my mustache grow out so maaaybe it can work?

#39 4 years ago

UPDATE: My mom got the approval slip from the homeschooling thing we're a part of for me to get my permit! PROGRESS

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Should you find yourself in northwest New Jersey, I would be delighted to share my collection with your family and you. Just shoot me a pm to arrange a time as I am a pilot and gone waaay too much!

That's... a creepy coincidence. My mother's from Northeast New Jersey. Heh

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Just a thought for you but Pinballs make an incredible amount of noise. I live in a warehouse alone so it doesn't matter, but you should consider the impact this will have on your co-residents. Trying to watch TV in the next room while you play pinball could get old real quick if your family aren't into it.
    You can turn the volume down but you can't turn the bumpers, ball, drop targets etc down.

I mean my room is a good distance away from the living room so probably wont be too loud in the living room

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Are you aware of the pinside map? Maybe reach out to some Pinsiders with pins nearby.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/mapbox?f=pinsiders&u=floortheinsane

I checked it out previously. It's really empty and only one pinsider lives near me

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

See if you can convince your parents to go to one of these shows:
    http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com
    https://grandoleexpo.com

My father isn't a convention person. In fact he's the basic definition of an a hole. No one is friends with that bigoted son of a bastard.. although he does seem to have a slight interest in pinball so who knows

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Sounds like he feels held back.

I do feel pretty held back. And I mean I respect my father for what he attempts to be. I just really want to have my own little living space that I can enjoy and forget about everything. Including the metal building being built outside my house that is bringing on more changes than I can handle... hopefully I'm out of the house by the time it's built. I might wait for the refrigerator in my room to be removed before I pay for a machine.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

The fridge must be pretty cool for midnight snacks though?

That fridge doesnt work, at least the one that's behind the steam mop and to the right of the blanket drawer. My parents said that they're moving it somewhere which is fine by me tbh

#60 4 years ago

Update: failed my test to get my learner's permit, have to retake it next week. Hopefully I do it next time.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Which part, the typed/written part, or the driving part of the test?

Written/Typed part

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider floortheinsane.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-getting-tired-of-playing-virtually-and-want-to-try-a-real-machine?tu=floortheinsane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.