(Topic ID: 245998)

I'm getting tired of playing virtually and want to try a real machine

By FloorTheInsane

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190626_230919 (resized).jpg
    20190626_230905 (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

Are you aware of the pinside map? Maybe reach out to some Pinsiders with pins nearby.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/mapbox?f=pinsiders&u=floortheinsane

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Are you aware of the pinside map? Maybe reach out to some Pinsiders with pins nearby.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/mapbox?f=pinsiders&u=floortheinsane

I checked it out previously. It's really empty and only one pinsider lives near me

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

See if you can convince your parents to go to one of these shows:
    http://southernfriedgameroomexpo.com
    https://grandoleexpo.com

My father isn't a convention person. In fact he's the basic definition of an a hole. No one is friends with that bigoted son of a bastard.. although he does seem to have a slight interest in pinball so who knows

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from FloorTheInsane:

My father isn't a convention person. In fact he's the basic definition of an a hole. No one is friends with that bigoted son of a bastard.. although he does seem to have a slight interest in pinball so who knows

hopefully does not read pinside or deffo no pinball lol

#55 4 years ago

Says the kid whos dad pays for a roof over his head, food on the table, karate classes, has the luxury of being home schooled, is allowed to leave his room in a state of total dismay, etc etc.. piece of advice, get a job, move out, stop whining about not having your own pinball machine, and maybe someday you will have kids that wont call you a bigoted a-hole on some forum on the internet.. all the while you are paying to support them.. Grow up son..

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from tscottn:

Grow up son..

Sounds like he feels held back. I know what it’s like to be 15 years old and miles from life passing you by. Like I said I moved out at 18, never looked back. Now my parents live a 17 hour drive away, and we don’t have a close relationship, and I’m ok with that. You don’t pick your family, you pick your friends.

Be grateful of what you have. Don’t waste energy complaining about your present situation, use that energy to improve it.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Sounds like he feels held back.

I do feel pretty held back. And I mean I respect my father for what he attempts to be. I just really want to have my own little living space that I can enjoy and forget about everything. Including the metal building being built outside my house that is bringing on more changes than I can handle... hopefully I'm out of the house by the time it's built. I might wait for the refrigerator in my room to be removed before I pay for a machine.

#58 4 years ago

I do feel pretty held back. And I mean I respect my father for what he attempts to be. I just really want to have my own little living space that I can enjoy and forget about everything. Including the metal building being built outside my house that is bringing on more changes than I can handle... hopefully I'm out of the house by the time it's built. I might wait for the refrigerator in my room to be removed before I pay for a machine.

The fridge must be pretty cool for midnight snacks though?

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

The fridge must be pretty cool for midnight snacks though?

That fridge doesnt work, at least the one that's behind the steam mop and to the right of the blanket drawer. My parents said that they're moving it somewhere which is fine by me tbh

#60 4 years ago

Update: failed my test to get my learner's permit, have to retake it next week. Hopefully I do it next time.

#61 4 years ago

Update: failed my test to get my learner's permit, have to retake it next week. Hopefully I do it next time.

Which part, the typed/written part, or the driving part of the test?

#62 4 years ago

I failed my driving test, two weeks later passed it perfectly with the same instructor. I think it’s just a money grab by the system.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Written/Typed part

1 week later
    #64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The permit test is a written test of 15 or 20 questions. No driving portion, that’s for your drivers license!
    Permit test is easy to fail, if you get 2 or more questions wrong you fail lol. And the permit test is harder than the drivers test. I promise you!! I passed first try.

Also parents can suck at times, but unless your dad is truly a total deadbeat loser, I’d say he’s probably not that bad. Keeping a broken refrigerator and other junk? You can attempt to move it out on your own and either they’ll be pissed or impressed. The risk is worth it. I reorganized the basement and by the time anyone saw it they were amazed. I did it all throughout the night and didn’t wake a soul, which was an incredible feat in my opinion.

The point being sometimes parents get stuck in a rut and being homeschooled doesn’t help anyone when it comes to trying new things lol. So they may need a push to get out of that rut!

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-getting-tired-of-playing-virtually-and-want-to-try-a-real-machine/page/2?hl=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.