Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 281 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by timab2000
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1185(1) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    672F1E79-CFBE-4D5A-98DC-663BB7AE9222 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1539 (resized).PNG
    20180706_183200 (resized).jpg
    84c87fcbae625fb92a293a308ccdc6e5474f8fb4 (resized).jpg
    35D86605-B2EA-43A5-968D-D5DBDAD4A8F1 (resized).jpeg
    100_1981 (resized).JPG
    party (resized).jpg
    606648 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1532 (resized).PNG
    514qFL2mO4L._UX385_ (resized).jpg
    BarrgeAlley (resized).png
    Barrge (resized).jpg
    j house (resized).jpg
    4F6C939A-F9AD-44FA-A6FA-2B7CDA2F39EA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

You guys just inspired me to take a pic. My Arcade vs My Car.
    2009 Mazda 5, bought in 2012 for cash. Been driving it since.

Guess which one gives me more pleasure and is more fun.

Kind of an unfair comparison

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I think the price question is just because most people didn't even know that you could / anyone does own the games in their home. They have no way of knowing even an approximate price range whereas almost everyone knows approximately what cars, boats, appliances, etc. cost. It is just natural curiosity in most cases in my experience.

I think you hit the nail on the head!! Imagine being young, growing up in the 80s watching shows like Silver Spoons, thinking only rich people can afford arcade games. Then you get older and still have that notion of unaffordability. It makes sense how people would be naturally curious and confused how normal people own arcade equipment in the home.

I guess I'm not as good at BS'ing people as some of you in this thread. It's hard for me to be asked point blank what a new game costs and not tell the truth when asked since it's so easy to lookup pricing for new games.

I usually explain that my MO is to buy project games to fix up and sell to fund my new game purchases. I've bought two new games over the past 4 years and for each I had to sell something else to get them. Once that sets it it makes sense to those that are asking how I can afford buying new games. My MO is changing though since it's hard to find project games I can fix up and make an actual profit on nowadays.

When talking about pricing with newbies I always make it a point to explain that their is a price range for games. You don't have to spend $8k to get a nice game. It all depends on what you are happy with and what you want out of your purchase.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metahugh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-done-?tu=metahugh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.