Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 281 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by timab2000
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1185(1) (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    672F1E79-CFBE-4D5A-98DC-663BB7AE9222 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1539 (resized).PNG
    20180706_183200 (resized).jpg
    84c87fcbae625fb92a293a308ccdc6e5474f8fb4 (resized).jpg
    35D86605-B2EA-43A5-968D-D5DBDAD4A8F1 (resized).jpeg
    100_1981 (resized).JPG
    party (resized).jpg
    606648 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1532 (resized).PNG
    514qFL2mO4L._UX385_ (resized).jpg
    BarrgeAlley (resized).png
    Barrge (resized).jpg
    j house (resized).jpg
    4F6C939A-F9AD-44FA-A6FA-2B7CDA2F39EA (resized).jpeg
    There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 5 years ago

If someone really starts giving me a hard time about how much a pinball machine cost I like using a line from my uncle, "I'm not trying to become the richest guy in the cemetery one day" aka save every penny for my entire life, lol.

#252 5 years ago

A few years ago, my neighbor (female) saw me unloading an AFM I had just purchased for $3500. Later, she asked my wife how much I paid for it. My wife told her $3K and she went nuts stating, "whoa! I would never let Mike (her husband) pay that much for a pinball machine."

Here's the thing: She has never worked a single day since they moved in. Her husband is an software engineer and the bread-winner.

It gets better: She has several purses that all cost over $3000 and is always carrying them around boasting. The most expensive one that she brags about is $7K.

Her two kids never even owned a bike. They would come over and share my kids for years. Their parents finally bought bikes, the tires went flat after a couple weeks and to this day they sit in their garage unused. Dad the engineer always borrows my tools, but I don't think he has the skills to fix a flat tire. I'm serious too.

#253 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Me as John Daly on Pin golf tourney

(Bravo!) <insert thumbs up emoticon here>

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If someone really starts giving me a hard time about how much a pinball machine cost I like using a line from my uncle, "I'm not trying to become the richest guy in the cemetery one day" ...

LOL

#254 5 years ago

Delete

#255 5 years ago

That's cold man.

#256 5 years ago

Noted. I figured that one only had a couple hours shelf life anyway.

#257 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's what I wanted to say when this whole thing started but better that I didn't.

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

LOL

You never fail to kill me man!

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

A few years ago, my neighbor (female) saw me unloading an AFM I had just purchased for $3500. Later, she asked my wife how much I paid for it. My wife told her $3K and she went nuts stating, "whoa! I would never let Mike (her husband) pay that much for a pinball machine."
    Here's the thing: She has never worked a single day since they moved in. Her husband is an software engineer and the bread-winner.
    It gets better: She has several purses that all cost over $3000 and is always carrying them around boasting. The most expensive one that she brags about is $7K.
    Her two kids never even owned a bike. They would come over and share my kids for years. Their parents finally bought bikes, the tires went flat after a couple weeks and to this day they sit in their garage unused. Dad the engineer always borrows my tools, but I don't think he has the skills to fix a flat tire. I'm serious too.

I know several engineers like that! Can't figure out how to use the features in their new SUV. One I went camping with didn't know how to build a camp fire! LOL...This county is in deep shit!
    As far as her? Typical dumb C***!

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I know several engineers like that! Can't figure out how to use the features in their new SUV. One I went camping with didn't know how to build a camp fire! LOL...This county is in deep shit!
    As far as her? Typical dumb C***!

This is the 2nd time I've seen you refer to women as dumb c*nts. I have a feeling that you think of all women as dumb c***s. I feel sorry for your wife dude for real. Real good attitude you got there!

#261 5 years ago

How many times have you guys been asked "you must love that pinball Wizard song then don't you"??

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

How many times have you guys been asked "you must love that pinball Wizard song then don't you"??

Not a one, and I'm really starting to wonder what kind of people you folks hang out with.

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

How much was the stamp worth?

About the same as a Batman Super Special Edition....pfft!

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not a one, and I'm really starting to wonder what kind of people you folks hang out with.

Really?? almost every interaction with a non pinball person ends in either A.) you must love that who song or b.) are you the pinball wizard.. I've been asked so many times that I now loathe that song when I use to like it.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Really?? almost every interaction with a non pinball person ends in either A.) you must love that who song or b.) are you the pinball wizard.. I've been asked so many times that I now loathe that song when I use to like it.

It's different here. Usually they just ask "where's your bong?"

Or at work in most cases they try to get me to remember a game they played 30 years ago. See pinball was every where and still is at a few places so there aren't many people that don't know what it is.

#266 5 years ago

Elton John's version definitely brings back memories and I kinda laugh when I hear it on XM radio. Actually, it's the best scene in the Tommy movie.

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Actually, it's the best scene in the Tommy movie.

You sure you didn't like the Uncle Ernie scene a little better?

#268 5 years ago

Haven't seen that movie in years. Don't remember it.

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is the 2nd time I've seen you refer to women as dumb c*nts. I have a feeling that you think of all women as dumb c***s. I feel sorry for your wife dude for real. Real good attitude you got there!

No problem with my wife because I didn't marry a bad one. Been married 29 years. She the greatest wife I could have ever asked for. Likes pinball and always supports my passions. But I know a lot of guys who did marry selfish, spoiled, heartless woman and payed dearly! Next time read the remark I responded to. It appears you're OK with a woman like that? I have seen far worse! And you sound a little naive…. Dude!

#270 5 years ago

I think this thread has run its course

Ironically I ran into a guy tonight that collected high end pens , yes like ball point pens $2k and up kind of stuff, made out of platinum and such and I was very accepting because of this thread. Usually I may have been just like the people that were mumbling behind my back last week .

#271 5 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

No problem with my wife because I didn't marry a bad one. Been married 29 years. She the greatest wife I could have ever asked for. Likes pinball and always supports my passions. But I know a lot of guys who did marry selfish, spoiled heartless woman and payed dearly! Next time read the remark I responded to. It appears you're OK with a woman like that? I have seen far worse! And you sound a little naive…. Dude!

No im not ok with a woman like that and i would never date a woman that is a pain in the ass either. You using that word so loosely just doesnt sound good, even if it is the truth. I know alot of guys who married women that are terribly bad too, but I also know alot of women who married useless and abusive men too. You can try and spin it any way you want to but your use of that word just isnt cool. If you've been married 29 years then that means you're obviously around 50 years old give ot take, its time to grow up.

#272 5 years ago

I am absolutely cunted whilst reading this.

#273 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you've been married 29 years then that means you're obviously around 50 years old give ot take, its time to grow up.

OK, I'll do it just for you cupcake!

#274 5 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

I think this thread has run its course
    Ironically I ran into a guy tonight that collected high end pens , yes like ball point pens $2k and up kind of stuff, made out of platinum and such and I was very accepting because of this thread. Usually I may have been just like the people that were mumbling behind my back last week .

Before I retired,I was one of the Carpenters, who built a Mont Blanc store at the King of Prussia Mall.One of the Carpenters,traveled the country doing Mont Blanc stores.
    He also collected their pens.He told me that some of their pens,cost as much as 10,000 dollars. I told him that anyone who spent that much on a pen,should be kicked in the balls,several times ! He laughed,and said,"They really are nice pens".

#275 5 years ago

Hmm

#276 5 years ago

Well

#277 5 years ago

Totes

#278 5 years ago

Ya gotta remember that for most people pinball seems as random as pachinko, just a bunch of lights and shit and then you lose. If they don’t see the appeal of the gameplay (or appreciate the art, mechanics, etc) then they aren’t gonna see why a sane person would buy one. For most people pinball isn’t really fun, it’s intimidating.

I usually explain it as what I spend $ on rather than cigarettes ($5-10 a day adds up) and that prices vary, but that what I have ain’t much (I prefer older games that go for under $2500). Let’s be honest, pinheads aren’t honest with EACH OTHER about what they paid, why change the habit for golfers or fishers or shoppers or whatever.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Before I retired,I was one of the Carpenters, who built a Mont Blanc store at the King of Prussia Mall.One of the Carpenters,traveled the country doing Mont Blanc stores.
    He also collected their pens.He told me that some of their pens,cost as much as 10,000 dollars. I told him that anyone who spent that much on a pen,should be kicked in the balls,several times ! He laughed,and said,"They really are nice pens".

Exactly...
    The least expensive pen was 2k...
    Sounds like they may know each other.
    My first question was, How often do you have to replace the ink cartridge
    His response never in 10 years with the pen i
    Was holding ..
    My thought apparently it's never been used .
    But I dont know jack Sh*t about "pens"

#280 5 years ago

Been there
    Done that

#281 5 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:This is the 2nd time I've seen you refer to women as dumb c*nts. I have a feeling that you think of all women as dumb c***s. I feel sorry for your wife dude for real. Real good attitude you got there!

I agree not sure why people have to talk like that.

There are 281 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-done-/page/6?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.