Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Multiballmaniac1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170607_153453 (resized).jpg
47D4DEA5-89A0-4475-B274-06E03F31839E.gif

#1 8 months ago

Hopefully by Friday night I will have completed my first purchase. The machine needs some work but I'm excited. I remember playing Flash when I was a kid at the local mall. What was your first machine?

#2 8 months ago

Congrats. Pretty good game for a first. Lost World was my first.

#3 8 months ago

First machine I remember playing is Pinbot. First machine I bought was Jokerz!

I don’t own either one but I’m certain you will find some other machines you like. Have you joined a league yet?

#4 8 months ago

My first machine was an El Dorado City of Gold that I got in 1991. Make space for more, you are going to need it!

Enjoy!

#5 8 months ago

Closest around I think is Mystic Pinball in Turners Fall. Not yet. Flash needs some work so it might be a while before its up and running.

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

First machine I remember playing is Pinbot. First machine I bought was Jokerz!
I don’t own either one but I’m certain you will find some other machines you like. Have you joined a league yet?

Pinbot was the first game I ever played to. Date East Batman was my first game.
And I also own flash. And ya definitely join the league near you great times great people

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Pinbot was the first game I ever played to. Date East Batman was my first game.
And I also own flash. And ya definitely join the league near you great times great people

Ever have any issues with the ball loading? Supposedly that is the issue.

#8 8 months ago

Congratulations !

First pin I remember playing was Gottlieb Harbor Lites

LTG : )

#9 8 months ago

First one I remember the name of playing was Hot Line around 1968.

First two I bought were GnR and Shadow at the same time. It is best when they come in pairs.

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Ever have any issues with the ball loading? Supposedly that is the issue.

Ya my game was a project that I pick up the coil there was lock on at some point and Fried some transiters. Hopefully that’s not your problem. But This game was in bad shape when I got it. Good luck

#11 8 months ago

Congrats. My last project was getting my Flash working, so that's the machine I am playing the most these days. First game was T2, second was this Flash.

#12 8 months ago

That could be tons of things. Could be as simple as a disconnected wire on the coil, a blown fuse, or no balls in the machine.
It could also be a board issue that would be more difficult or expensive to fix

#13 8 months ago

The first game that hooked me, and I ended up buying, was The Getaway.
Before that I didn’t know Pinball was more than just keeping the ball in play

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That could be tons of things. Could be as simple as a disconnected wire on the coil, a blown fuse, or no balls in the machine.
It could also be a board issue that would be more difficult or expensive to fix

I'm hoping its a fuse. He said he used to play it till it stopped loading. Let's pretend I have to replace boards. Whats a good price to pay?

#15 8 months ago

200$ 300$ depending condition

#16 8 months ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

200$ 300$ depending condition

A little more. Fingers are crossed.

#17 8 months ago

I don’t recall the first one I played. The first one I remember really falling for was high speed. The first I ever bought was space odyssey.

#18 8 months ago

You are in an area with plenty of pins around. Do not be afraid to walk away if it is a mess. There is always another one around the corner. Its tough when it's your first pin though.

#19 8 months ago

Congrats on your purchase the first game I ever played was Nascar the first game I ever bought was lost world Jurassic Park.

#20 8 months ago

I have a flash and am very close to you. Mine is fully working if you are in need of a hand let me know.

#21 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

A little more. Fingers are crossed.

By the sound of it. It should be worth a little more if you don’t need all new boards and you shouldn’t. Just look it over really good and go from there.

#22 8 months ago

Congrats on your first machine!! The first game I remember was Black Knight when I was a kid. The first game I bought was The Simpsons Pinball Party.

#23 8 months ago

Congrats and Welcome to this addiction we call pinball. You should probably start your second thread now "What should my second game be" as this is kind of a potato chips kind of hobby. Only funds and space will slow you down. Enjoy Flash and Know there are many very helpful and knowledgable people on this forum to help you with your first steps of ownership.

PS first game for me was Alien Poker for a Whopping $100 which I still have to this day.

#24 8 months ago

I have asked for his cell phone number. I want to see if I can get him to come to my house. I have a flash and can walk him through all of this. He is about 20 min from me.

#25 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Congratulations !
First pin I remember playing was Gottlieb Harbor Lites
LTG : )

Yeah, you can say congratulations Lloyd. But now he is destined for years of obsessive behaviors, rationalization of debit and expense, thrills of the chase and the agony of repetition.

So what's your next machine?

#26 8 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yeah, you can say congratulations Lloyd. But now he is destined for years of obsessive behaviors, rationalization of debit and expense, thrills of the chase and the agony of repetition.
So what's your next machine?

Are we talking about pinballs or marriage??? Lol....

#27 8 months ago

Congrats.

Mine was Twilight Zone. I still have it and plan to keep it.

Have fun.

#28 8 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Not to mention the drinking and the smoking and the fights with the wife.... yeah great hobby!

#29 8 months ago

Lol Everyone remembers their first.. Mine was Centaur II. Congrats on your plunge into this hobby. Goodluck!

#30 8 months ago

Congrats!
My first pin purchase was a Buck Rogers.
Then the bug hit. Why not get another?
The good thing is, I only ever maxed out at 6 at a time. But the collection sure has changed.
1.BR
2.pinbot
3.hollywood heat
4. Taxi
5. SouthPark
6. JM
7. MSF
8. Nbafb
9. SwE1
10. Shadow
11. T2
12. JD
13. RFM
14.ufox
15. Motordome
16.fireball classic
17.f14
18.xmle
19. Electra
20.bk2000
21.bop
22.hyperball
23.lost world
24. Interflip dragon
25. Stern star trek
26.imve
27.potc
28. Totan
29.sttng
30. MMr
31. Baby pacman
32. Take 5
33. Ghostbusters
34.sttng
35. Xenon
36.funhouse
37.breakshot

Hoping something amazing is eventually made. Because I'm happy with my collection now of just 3. Ive owned a bunch and played even more. So I'm not interested in owning /collecting anything I know i won't keep long-term anymore.

But I do have room for more. If a deal to good to pass up comes along.

#31 8 months ago

Just remember to take a lot of pictures while you take things apart. Congrats on getting your first one.

#32 8 months ago

Ripley’s Believe it or Not.

Also, welcome!

47D4DEA5-89A0-4475-B274-06E03F31839E.gif
#33 8 months ago

Congratulations! I got my first pin just under a year ago (World Cup Soccer 94) and now I have three. Just like everyone else has been saying, it’s a slippery slope... hope you’ve got room

#34 8 months ago

Flash was my second purchase.

Use some blue super brites in the gi. Looks awesome.

#35 8 months ago

Was this the one on CL for a couple weeks? Congrats!

My first was a TZ...

#36 8 months ago

My first pinball machine was Bally Hi Deal which I got in 1979 and still have. My mother brought me to the house of one of her coworkers who repaired and sold pinball machines as a hobby. After seeing all the machines, and bugging my parents for over a month. I think it cost about $250 and was sold as is. It has worked ever since with just a few basic repairs. It has been part of the family for almost 40 years.

20170607_153453 (resized).jpg

#37 8 months ago

Welcome to the club! Be ready for all kinds of issues and head-scratchers. Come to these forums for help. Everyone is really knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to repairs. ltg is amazingly helpful in particular. I think he alone has solved all (or nearly all) of my issues with my first ever pin, Jurassic Park.

I just sold it to make room. My house can really only accomodate 1 pin at a time sadly, so it had to go.... I would have kept it forever though. 2 years. I love that game.

Quoted from TimBoch:

My first pinball machine was Bally Hi Deal which I got in 1979 and still have. My mother brought me to the house of one of her coworkers who repaired and sold pinball machines as a hobby. After seeing all the machines, I bugging my parents for over a month. I think it cost about $250 and was sold as is. It has worked ever since with just a few basic repairs. It has been part of the family for almost 40 years.

Wow this is one of the cooler things I've read on these forums. How awesome to still have that machine and it looks great.

#38 8 months ago

Space Shuttle was mine. Have acquired 7 more since then (including a broken but now working Flash) and learned a ton about how to work on them. Lots of info and resources available here to help get yours going again for sure. For not being a very expensive game it's honestly alot of fun for not alot of money (relative to pinball prices anyway).

#39 8 months ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

My first pinball machine was Bally Hi Deal which I got in 1979 and still have. My mother brought me to the house of one of her coworkers who repaired and sold pinball machines as a hobby. After seeing all the machines, I bugging my parents for over a month. I think it cost about $250 and was sold as is. It has worked ever since with just a few basic repairs. It has been part of the family for almost 40 years.

The first King Kong pin.Correct me if I am wrong.

#40 8 months ago

My very first was Raven.. quickly upgraded to Gilligan's Island and so on.

#41 8 months ago

My first was T2, less than 1.5 years ago... I now have MET Pre and IMDN Pro in the collection, and don't really play T2 much... but some friends who come over prefer it because it's simple. I'll probably let it go at some point when I need room, but I still have room for 1-2 more machines without selling any, so....

#42 8 months ago
Quoted from Zep:

The first King Kong pin.Correct me if I am wrong.

I am not sure. I never saw Hi Deal before my parents bought me this pin and I have never seen another except for a few people that own them. Many have asked if I would sell mine however. Though I will never part with mine. It’s like part of the family.

#43 8 months ago

First game I remember playing was Space Shuttle, then Pinbot. First game I bought was Meteor.

#44 8 months ago

Welcome to the western Massachusetts pinball club.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 104.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside