(Topic ID: 251832)

I'm all in for Pinball Expo 2019

By ChiTownPinHead

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

InShot_20191018_013855755 (resized).jpg
    superbier (resized).jpg
    Superdawg.pdf (PDF preview)
    beavis (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

I’m tempted to go again but if I’m being honest this for me has always been a disappointment.
    I’ve been twice. Seems like no one brings games and everyone is shutting their games off early if they sell.
    Much better shows to attend.

If you want to go to a show that has the best assortment of pins, Expo is no longer the show for you (TPF wins that category by a mile) and hasn’t been for years. Expo is still a top draw for the Stern tour, number of industry insiders and the seminar content (maybe the tournaments, but I don’t follow them much).

A big draw this year will be Stern’s Elvira game and the Saturday night panel with the design team (including Cassandra). That event alone tipped me from maybe to absolutely. And Jersey Jack’s presentation is always popular. If you have to pick one day to go, it’s Saturday.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

The vendor hall had a large selection of games last year, I thought it was better than the free play room. Lots of newer games, though. Cgc, jjp, ap and stern all had their games on display.

Sure. But you can see and play new games at your distributor without going to a show. I like to go to shows to see what I usually don’t or can’t. I do appreciate the work vendors do to support the shows. Always thought it was a massive amount of work and sacrifice to sell at a show.

#39 4 years ago

What’s the restaurant situation near the Westin for those without a car? What’s in reasonable walking distance other then the Italian restaurant in the hotel?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It appears revitalized, some big people in pinball are behind it and helping out now, and it appears this may be the year for it to rise out of the ashes.

You’d never know that from reading anything on Pinside or anywhere else I can find. I think “rise out of the ashes” is a bit extreme - it wasn’t that dead yet - but Expo has a long way to go to get back to its glory days. If Expo was anywhere but Chicago it would have died years ago (and not just because of Mike).

Pretty much the only reason I’m going to Expo this year is because of the Stern tour (haven’t seen the new building), Elvira’s House of Horrors, Cassandra, the Stern and JJP sessions and some of the people I know will be there. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I have fairly low expectations. Maybe Expo can return to being the “must do” show it once was but that’s a tall order these days when there are now other shows that are less expensive, more convenient and offer more for collectors.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-all-in-for-pinball-expo-2019?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.