(Topic ID: 320272)

I'm a ups loader ask me.

By Bmad21

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

485F25ED-87A8-4729-AA66-40DB378066C5 (resized).jpeg
    everytime-road-rage.gif
    3eebjt (resized).jpg
    AC1F0678-7AF9-4E81-A9FE-FF51530564BD (resized).jpeg
    unnamed_dfbaebfcaaab006de9bb0b9030c6764f443fece2 (resized).png
    7E5DD842-9042-4295-A60D-03E995187F9C.jpeg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    6353616731 (resized).jpg
    horny-daddy.gif
    4CE53366-0C80-4034-BA33-87FD3C4FC8BE (resized).png
    7BP8.gif
    200.gif
    68B99CD5-136A-4720-8640-DD2506FC61E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago

I’m also a UPS loader

4CE53366-0C80-4034-BA33-87FD3C4FC8BE (resized).png4CE53366-0C80-4034-BA33-87FD3C4FC8BE (resized).png
    #52 1 year ago

My friend has been a UPS driver for 31 years. He's very loyal to UPS. That said, he'll readily tell you the company is as screwed up as it gets. Plenty of theft (of customer packages), trucks in very poor (unsafe) condition, etc.

Their internal written procedure for ANY and ALL damage claims is to deny the claim. Only if you object and appeal do they actually look into it. Hardly ethical.

My personal gripe is their constantly changing rotation of drivers. That, and the fact that they prioritize deliveries to businesses over residences....so even though he drives by my house 3 times, he doesn't actually deliver until 5PM. Finally, the fact that they screw the little guy in order to subsidize the big guys. It costs me $34 to send a little 5lbs box but Amazon can send me a rolled up truck bed mat for free.

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

well, I see you own Toy Story 4, Halloween AND Ultraman, so clearly shits are more your thing than giggles.

Chill out dude.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

If being horny on pinside is that “something else to do”, then yes

horny-daddy.gifhorny-daddy.gif
    #55 1 year ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Chill out dude.

Who, Me? Not the dude posting pictures of scantily clad children in UPS costumes?

#56 1 year ago

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads I've come across as of yet. Why is everyone so controversial?

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Who, Me? Not the dude posting pictures of scantily clad children in UPS costumes?

Thats a kid! Doesnt look like it to me. Maybe mid - late 20s.
    Couldnt find any MILFS

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

And if you look at them from above, the roofs of the trucks aren’t painted, just left white.

Keeps them cooler inside for the drivers. Since they don't give them AC even in hot climate areas!

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

And if you look at them from above, the roofs of the trucks aren’t painted, just left white.

They are white to reduce heat from the sun.

When I track a package with UPS, I trust it more than anyone else.

Edit: The dude above me beat me.....

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats a kid! Doesnt look like it to me. Maybe mid - late 20s.
    Couldnt find any MILFS

Possibly older. Makeup can make the face look young but you can already see the wrinkles in her neck.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads I've come across as of yet. Why is everyone so controversial?

It’s not stupid. He offered to answer questions. Like almost every thread on Pinside, it turns into a shitshow with dumb responses.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

if it hasnt already been answered, i think UPS trucks have top white translucent roofs, so to provide natural light into the truck to better identify packages.

man i love the internet...

https://www.grunge.com/172168/the-real-reason-ups-trucks-have-white-roofs/

#63 1 year ago

This is great.

“Ask me anything!”

Answers so far: “not my area of expertise!!”

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

if it hasnt already been answered, i think UPS trucks have top white translucent roofs, so to provide natural light into the truck to better identify packages.
    man i love the internet...
    https://www.grunge.com/172168/the-real-reason-ups-trucks-have-white-roofs/

Damnit that article ruined the way I’ll look at school buses for the rest of my life

#65 1 year ago

I have a neighbor that often the ups driver arrives for about 20 minutes. Hazards are flashing and the beeping just drives me nuts. Funny thing he never delivers or picks up any packages. Usually twice a week 20 minutes at a time. Perhaps someone knows what's going on?

#66 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I have a neighbor that often the ups driver arrives for about 20 minutes. Hazards are flashing and the beeping just drives me nuts. Funny thing he never delivers or picks up any packages. Usually twice a week 20 minutes at a time. Perhaps someone knows what's going on?

I'd say they are probably having sex with the UPS driver but 20 minutes seems like an awfully long time!

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Possibly older. Makeup can make the face look young but you can already see the wrinkles in her neck.

How about we all just play it safe, keep our horniness off pinside UPS threads, and refrain from posting images where we have to consult CSI Miami on whether or not lewd images are of adults or not. Am I asking too much?

#68 1 year ago

Getting this thread back on track…

Does the OP have any info on when the Cactus Canyon LEs will start shipping from CGC?

#69 1 year ago
    Quoted from BossaNova:

Does the OP have any info on when the Cactus Canyon LEs will start shipping from CGC?

He just loads the trucks dude!

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

I am a ups loader. If you were curious about the job and what it entails ask away.

Just about everyone has a shipping horror story, or knows someone with one.

Is there anything you try to do to prevent the next shipping horror story? Are there any shipping practices that have changed as a result of a shipping disaster?

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:He just loads the trucks dude!

I know - I was being a dumbass.

On the upside, being quoted by the famous Levi in a Pinside post is the best thing that’s happened to me so far today!

And much respect to the OP. I worked in the unloading dept at a UPS hub and you work your ass off!

#72 1 year ago

Op, can you tell your coworkers to stop standing on top my boxes as well as everyone elses boxes when you load the trucks? I've see it first hand at my local terminal, and my customers have sent me pictures of boxes with footprints on them. Friggin animals...

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

Am I asking too much?

In my experience being around here frequently for several years I want to say yes.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

I am a ups loader. If you were curious about the job and what it entails ask away.

You mush have a couple of absolutely crazy stories.
    Every work place seems to have a few.
    Can you share any of them?

#75 1 year ago

Are the warehouses where you load, air conditioned? Or is that news reporting that it's stifling to workers off track...

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

what you dont like hot chicks?? Weird. Guess nothing else to do in Midland Michigan (woo hoo!) then stare at the wall or maybe corn. Good luck.
    found one right here thanks![quoted image]

The day I have to pretend I don't like this picture is the day I don't want to live anymore.

#77 1 year ago

I was a UPS loader while in college. No offense, but it was the worst job I ever had. Smelling diesel fumes all night, supervisors planting wrong packages on your load in an attempt to catch you letting it get by, having to memorize hundreds of zip codes in addition to my college homework, coming home drenched in sweat from non-stop loading and unloading and the feeling of being expendable at whim just because you let a wrong package get by.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

The day I have to pretend I don't like this picture is the day I don't want to live anymore.

Everything sucks these days, cant even talk about hot chicks/ ladies anymore, too much sissy out there.

#79 1 year ago

Why has cost of shipping through UPS gone up 60%, fuel has gone up yes but if you divide the actual increase in fuel costs to ship the same number of packages the cost to cover the price increases of fuel and labor should be very minimal.??

#80 1 year ago

What questions did the OP expect to answer? Everything is outside his area of expertise.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

What questions did the OP expect to answer? Everything is outside his area of expertise.

I just post on pinside, answering that question is outside my area of expertise

#82 1 year ago

I can say I'm Hank Aaron, so can a Management UPS
    Spy.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

That would against corporate policy and would be frowned upon.

Quoted from Bmad21:

UPS aims to provide top notch customer service.

You sound like a UPS commercial.

Biggest letdown thread of the day

#84 1 year ago

#85 1 year ago

Remember like 10 years back when they seemed to be trying to change their name to "Brown"? "What can Brown do for you?"

UPS does sound a lot like USPS

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are the warehouses where you load, air conditioned? Or is that news reporting that it's stifling to workers off track...

Yes actually. I personally don't get custom air conditioning but we get blowers in every truck.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from BossaNova:

Nope. I do not know that at all. Part of my job is to go with the flow.

#88 1 year ago

Here is what I wear for work.

Hikers.
    Bandana.
    2 liter camel back.
    Mission cooling towel soaked around my neck.
    shirts and polos.
    Shorts.

I rank #26 out of the entire day shift with a package per hour of 226.

#89 1 year ago

Oh I thought of one. It’s probably staffing issues, but, what caused overnight red to get pushed out a couple hours?

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from EJS:

Oh I thought of one. It’s probably staffing issues, but, what caused overnight red to get pushed out a couple hours?

I have worked midnight shift once before but it's not coming to me what your talking about.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

I have worked midnight shift once before but it's not coming to me what your talking about.

Next day air used to be 10 or 1030 delivery now it’s 12

My guy is usually here shortly after 11 he’s a hard worker.

#92 1 year ago

I guess this is as good a place as any to admit that when I'm shipping an oversized box with UPS and the guy at the desk asks me to hold the free end of the tape measure while he measures the length of the box, I MAY move the tape an inch or two up from the edge in an effort to get a discount.

#93 1 year ago

How much load would an ups loader load if an ups loader could load?

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

How much load would an ups loader load if an ups loader could load?

Up in the high 100s packages per hour.

#95 1 year ago

Got a buddy that drives for UPS and this is how his truck is loaded most mornings.

6353616731 (resized).jpg6353616731 (resized).jpg
    #96 1 year ago

I bet he got loads of good stories to tell.

He's probably also really loaded.

If you deliver to bad neighbourhoods then make sure you also got a loaded gun.

I bet you play Metallicas re-load(ed) all day in the truck.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

Yeah I better stop, it's getting rather silly I know...

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

Got a buddy that drives for UPS and this is how his truck is loaded most mornings.
    [quoted image]

That's not area. I load rigs, trucks, trucks big big trucks trucks.

Trucks that stop at rest stops. Trucks that use a fifth wheel.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

guess that's why he's a loader?

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

That's not my area.

Well there's a fuckin shocker!

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

That's not area. I load rigs, trucks, trucks big big trucks trucks.
    Trucks that stop at rest stops. Trucks that use a fifth wheel.

What about trains... do you ever load trains... or is that not your area

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-m-a-ups-loader-ask-me-/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.