Luci (resized).JPG
luci (resized).png
lucishirt (resized).jpg
topper (resized).JPG
F68BB486-7AFD-4E7B-86CE-6C7B97453D2D (resized).jpeg
Luci Unboxed 1-2-18 (resized).jpg
IMG_1889 (resized).JPG
15 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 9 years ago

I'm joining the party! I wouldn't say I'm a huge ACDC fan, but the music on this game seems to integrate so well and keeps the energy level high! When I saw Luci, I knew I had to have her! Second NIB purchase for me, the last being TSPP. The last game I bought was WH2O 7 or 8 years ago.. I sold all my pins except I still have my TZ which I have owned since 1998.

I can remember being absolutely in love with pinball when I was probably 4 or 5 years old and I'm 47 now. However the last 7 years I just lost interest - until now. I don't think I'll have a big collection like some others, but if I have 3 or 4, possibly 5 then I'll be happy

Luci won't arrive for a few weeks as my reseller is waiting for stock. Something to look forward too for sure! I feel like a kid on christmas eve!!!!!

Rob

#318 9 years ago

How well does the shaker motor integrate into the gameplay?

Rob

#321 9 years ago

The backglass background bears a minor resemblance to BK2K... Did Doug Watson do the art on this too or does anyone know who did?

Rob

00000006.jpg00000006.jpg
#323 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

i dont see any resemblance

The circle in the background, the zig zags leading to each corner...

Rob

#327 9 years ago

Ok guys, you talked me into a shaker motor purchase! I bought it from flipper fidelity as most other places I usually dealt with before (Marco, Bay Area) were sold out. I also bought some red pincab protectors too. The backbox lighting kit was tempting, but I'll leave that for now. I'd rather have the flasher integration without the color change logo....
I'm contemplating a few other minor things like the cannon mod and maybe a replacement spinner decal. Who makes a replacement spinner decal for ACDC anyhow?

Rob

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Which spinner decal are you looking for? The ones on my apron decal set are Helen (duh) but I also provide an alternate one that's the War Machine plane.

I dunno, something other than an ugly face will do

Rob

#340 9 years ago

I don't even have my Luci yet and I'm already thinking about my next NIB. I was not too keen on Metallica, but it does look like fun game and I do like the artwork. Somehow I think ACDC and Metallica would complement each other really well. I've had my TZ about 16 years now and it's time to let it go perhaps, but to my best friend so it won't be far away. I think only the pro is available from the distributor so that will have to do. But I haven't made any decision just yet....

Rob

#341 9 years ago

My shaker motor arrived today, but still no Luci to put it into. Oh well, maybe next week.

Rob

#342 9 years ago

Oh yeah, I just got shipping confirmation with an expected delivery date of 5/23! I've got Friday off too, does pinball get any better than this?! I'm quite happy!

Rob

#345 9 years ago

I was watching some early ACDC video on pinballnews and one thing I noticed was a cannon shot with the lit target being the N on the TNT target bank. I think I read somewhere that there used to be more varied cannon shots, but it was removed? Now it just seems to be the same target(s) on the ACDC target bank every time. Does anyone know why this changed? The current cannon shot/modes doesn't seem too challenging... Maybe in the next update, if there is one there might be more rules for this?

Also, is there any rule significance to the hidden push target on the TNT bank or the saucer hole(?) behind the bell? Just being curious and trying to learn some more background on how the game evolved from first release.

Rob

#348 9 years ago

Mine just arrived. The box was slightly damaged on a top corner so I'm assuming something was stacked on top. I opened the top of the box before signing, no damage evident.

Update:

Thanks go out to local pinhead Luke who came over and helped me disassemble, move and reassemble the game in the basement. It was quite hot today so some beer helped...

I'm listening to the live version of thunderstruck as I type this.. What a fun game to play - it's everything I expected and more! The 12 inch sub sure is a nice addition and the shaker motor is pretty good too (bought shaker separately). Interestingly enough my game came with the tournament button installed. Quality control was pretty good, but one playfield post has stripped threads and the screw won't stay in.

Some of my notes about gameplay:

Ball trapping is far easier on this game than a williams. The flippers seem to have a bit more travel
Backhands are easier than I expected.
The mini p/f isn't as easy making those orbit shots as I thought
Bell shots tend to have the ball stick there and then the bell bottom comes down 'on' top the ball. Seems to happen a lot
Rosie is fun and caught us off guard with the backwards AXE rollovers.
This game makes my clean TZ look really dark and drab....
The lightning bolt lights... I'm not sure I ever notice them. Maybe I'll get the LED ones.
There doesn't seem to be mylar in the jet bumper area. I guess it's not necessary..
I turned family mode off, but have yet to hear the game swear or see it show anything naughty?
I really dig War Machine and Rosie right now......

I really dig the new Stern games and use of LED lighting. I'm more inclined than ever to get myself a Metallica Premium now! That will then be it for pinball buying for the rest of the year at least.

20140523_132846.jpg20140523_132846.jpg
20140523_132247.jpg20140523_132247.jpg

#349 9 years ago

I've got a question about those ramp drops on the inlanes.. The ball is dropped on the switch cutout so I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea to have protectors there? Here's an example of what happens to many TZ playfields where the ball drops on the switch cutout. On my TZ, the wood was beginning to splinter there.

Rob

tz1.0.jpgtz1.0.jpg
1 week later
#357 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

So what extras are "needed" to make you love luci even more?
Parts ordered and arrived:
Full Cliffies for AC/DC LE set
Metal leg protectors to prevent wrinkles
Pingulps
Speaker lights with devil girl inserts
Parts on order:
Helen set
Luci specific pingulp
I know I want to replace the cannon, after seeing the stock version vs custom makes there is no comparison. Any suggestions? I see there is a few different cannons. I would also like to get a Luci shooter, if they are ever made again. I want to get the Hells Bells block mod for the bell but with red text. No clue who makes those, any pointers would be appreciated. What else do I need or have overlooked?

DSCN0581.JPG 216 KB

You don't need the leg protectors as the cabinet already has those (plastic). Don't forget the shaker motor!

Rob

#373 9 years ago

You will have a lot of fun with the game!

Rob

#388 9 years ago

Did anyone lower the outlane posts?

Rob

1 week later
#395 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

AC/DC and Metallica go together like Beavis and Butthead.

image-317.jpg 233 KB

image-964.jpg 33 KB

I'm enjoying both my ACDC and Metallica quite a bit right now. Actually of all the games I have ever owned, these are the most fun by far.

Rob

GOPR0055.JPGGOPR0055.JPG
4 months later
#417 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Crapdammit, had 2x scoring with 54mill built up, it fricken bricked off the lightning drop
Would have been my new GC score!

I set the jukebox qualifier down from 8 to 6 because I don't think I am ever going to reach encore any other way. I'm still not getting close, but I feel like I have more of a chance now

I think trying to get more super modes going at one time can greatly enhance scoring ability. So this means completing songs without draining the ball. I am also trying to pick specific songs going into multiballs and see if I can capitalize on that. For example SMANL might be good in multiball if you can get a lot of pop hits. Or TNT might be good with album multiball and attempt to rape the middle target bank. I'm not saying any of these strategies will score a lot of points, but I'm just trying different things to see what works and what doesn't. I'm not sure the hell songs are any good with multiball.

Losing a ball on ACDC is like getting hit by a truck compared to most other games - even if it's not the last ball.

Rob

1 week later
#425 9 years ago

I noticed Luci is no longer on the Stern website and the ACDC premiums are showing sold out. Stern sure had a good run with ACDC and I'm glad I got my Luci.... I only wish for a new code update to maybe make use of those cannon inserts for something and maybe use the colour change ability of the mini playfield inserts as well.

Rob

#426 9 years ago

I'm still thinking replacing Steve with a nice sultry female voice would be cool. I know others have thought of this too... Maybe someday someone will get it done

Rob

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from LJH:

My ACDC Luci stands alone from all my other pinballs due to Hooked pinball mods. I get so many compliments on this pinball. 70% of my mods came from him, 20% is from pinballrefinery. the other 10% is cointaker and laseriffic

I ordered the HOP lightning bolts and I hope they arrive (late) next week. I almost bought the pinball mike led display, but changed my mind on that. The only mods I did with ACDC so far have been the cliffy hole protectors and changing the flashers to LED.

Rob

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I had Hooked lighting bolts on my Luci right after opening up the box.....but after a few weeks some of the LEDs on the bolts started to go out. My buddy is currently making me some that have (3) 3 SMD light strips on them. He had them at the Houston Expo 2 weeks ago on his AC/DC PRO. I will show pictures of them once they have been put in my machine.

This is my concern. I read about these issues before, but could not find the related threads. Did HOP upgrade the design or do the issues persist for people who own these? If I remember, the problem had something to do with surface mount resistors on the back of the bolts?

Rob

#436 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I had read a thread about the issue a week after I purchased mine.....below is the thread of purchasing the LED bolts I am talking about. I am guessing since there is no recent movement on this thread, that people have slowed on trying to order. The bolts looked really slick...and aren't blinding, but after losing lights in small patches after a couple weeks....I had to replace them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lightning-bolt-proto-vid-update#post-1005181

That's not the thread I was thinking about though. Wasn't there another where people were discussing the failures? When yours failed, did you follow up with HOP that you were having issues with the product? If these are susceptible to vibration, would mounting on a rubber grommet be the solution? Sorta like WMS did with their ball trough boards..

Anyhow, I emailed HOP to ask about this.

Rob

#439 9 years ago

Those pinbits one look a bit bright? Are they hard on the eyes?

Rob

1 month later
#442 9 years ago

Pop bumper level 8 states 'collect bonus is lit'. Is this to collect the current bonus including multiplier? Where is the shot to actually collect the bonus?

Rob

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Mine made it home!

IMG_2944.jpg 195 KB

How is the honeymoon so far?

Rob

1 week later
#445 9 years ago

Extra balls on ACDC are not easy to get. Not easy like ST or MET that's for sure where it feels like a freebie. I bet my EB numbers on my Luci are pretty low...

Oh, and how hammered is your left target area from cannon launches? Must be holding up well for everyone because I've only ever heard of one game having wear there and that was a boardwalk location game. Did anyone put mylar there?

Rob

#446 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Pop bumper level 8 states 'collect bonus is lit'. Is this to collect the current bonus including multiplier? Where is the shot to actually collect the bonus?
Rob

To reply to my question for anyone else that wants to know, the 'collect bonus' from pop bumpers level 8 is collected from a cannon shot.

Rob

#449 9 years ago

I was just thinking, it would be really cool if the game over show was enhanced and/or extended depending on how well you score and perhaps if you get a high score.

Rob

1 week later
#454 9 years ago

seems like a case of autocorrect to me!

Rob

#455 9 years ago

Say aye if you still love your Luci!

Aye!

Rob

4 months later
#460 8 years ago
Quoted from PinsideMike:

Necro bump time... How long has this been out and how have I never saw it before?

acdc_rock.jpg

She's a bit more sultry looking that Luci, but don't tell Luci I said that!

Rob

2 weeks later
#462 8 years ago

Still in the club! Did anyone leave the club? Did CF leave?

Rob

6 months later
#480 8 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Would you sell Luci to get GOT LE?

I would even though I have a GoT pro. Then I would sell or trade the GoT pro for something else.

Rob

2 years later
#539 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Even though I've kinda been in this club for 3 years, I'm now *officially* in, as I just unboxed my NIB Luci two days ago!
I have probably $2K+ in mods to install so it's going to be a while before I can fully appreciate the game.
While I'm here, does anyone have any recommendation for replacing the stock sub in this game? I have a Polk external I can use, but was wondering if an internal upgrade was worthwhile.

I just use a polk external on mine and it's very good!

Rob

2 weeks later
#540 6 years ago

More club members coming soon, make room!

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-luuuuuv-luci-whos-in-the-club?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.