Luci (resized).JPG
luci (resized).png
lucishirt (resized).jpg
topper (resized).JPG
F68BB486-7AFD-4E7B-86CE-6C7B97453D2D (resized).jpeg
Luci Unboxed 1-2-18 (resized).jpg
IMG_1889 (resized).JPG
15 (resized).jpg
There are 574 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 10 years ago

I probably would never have purchased an ACDC if there wasn't a Luci edition. I never wanted a poster of old band guys hanging in my gameroom. I'm just getting to old for that. Hot chicks done up in the pulp style art, I'm always game for. The pinkish tone doesn't really bother me at all.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Honestly, I do not get Luci. A purple chic with no reference to the band or a song. But Im glad you like her.
B

I will take a bodacious purple chick over a sweaty aging rocker with no shirt on - all day everyday!
image-588.jpgimage-588.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-807.jpg

I rest my case (checkmate)

#103 10 years ago

Matt E. stopped over tonight with some beers....Talked some smack how he is going to dominate Hilton in the state finals.

Just cracked 300 plays in just over a week, Im sure its not a record but damn if Im not thoroughly enjoying this Pins gameplay!

DSC09930.JPGDSC09930.JPG

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ugh, do I have to spell it out?
-LOTR has a straight up the middle ramp that goes into a magnet & behind the backboard. ACDC doesnt even have a straight up the center shot.
-LOTR has an upper playfield POTD....ACDC has a lower playfield
-ACDC's L/R ramps both feed fast to the flippers, R sometimes diverts to cannon....also has a crossover ramp. LOTR's L feeds to flipper, R does, but has a target at the top & a physical lock on the way back.
-ACDC has drop banks all over. LOTR doesn't
-LOTR has VUKs all over. ACDC doesnt have a VUK anywhere.
-LOTR has a "reveal" bash toy in the middle. AC/DC's is always there, in a lane at an angle.
Etc etc etc....massively different layouts.

they arn't that different. Massively different is looking at something like Gladiator or Operation thunder and Monopoly. those are massively different. All these are subtly different. Owning all 3, they all feel very very similar. All have the pops in the same place. TF is just flipped version of LOTR. Instead of the shire, you have the cube. either way, comes back to the left flipper. Instead of gimly, you have megatron. Galdalf is the optimus shot. Tower shot is the super skill shot. Right and left ramps are the same. Little differences are, starscream screwing with you throwing your ball off the trail and the teeter totter, which is minimal, but the grand scheme of things it flows very very similar. Too much like a lot of other sterns recently. I liked it better when they thought out of the box with games like TSPP, WPT, WOF, monopoly and such. Just the themes kind of killed it for me. And TSPP is a good them, ton of stuff going on, but in my eyes, just too cluttered and should have been a widebody. But it doesn't suck.

#105 10 years ago

How much is the Luci going for? There is someone on ebay selling for $7100….and the Prem for $7600? Does that make sense??

#106 10 years ago

That Luci backglass looks horrible IMHO. I thought the pro was bad,but even the band member's would probably agree that this is not AC/DC"like"artwork

#107 10 years ago

Who is Luci? I'm confused.

This is some art package with a babe instead of ancient rockers?

#108 10 years ago

By Concrete posting those two translites/backglasses, I can see how they carried over at least a couple design ideas into the Luci artwork. That being the small lightning bolt(s), the circles with different band members playing their guitars/drums or singing, and some of the wavy artwork down near the corners.

I like the lightning bolts on Luci's guitar, and her lightning bolt earrings.

benheck does look a bit confused in his avatar.

#109 10 years ago

I had a chance to get a luci for $6200. turned it down because it was $200 over my max limit i'm willing to pay for any game.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

I think you may have clicked on the wrong forum post. Why would you take all that effort just to bash something?

Look at his collection....he has nothing fun to play.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I love the Luci art….just can't figure out the association to the band?? I am on the fence….Prem or Luci?? What is the price difference? My wife says no to Luci but….Either way, Prem or Luci, I am powder coating the trim to black!!

Quoted from Av8:

Honestly, I do not get Luci. A purple chic with no reference to the band or a song. But Im glad you like her.

» YouTube video

2012-06-29 14.22.34.jpg 48 KB

Ahem

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Luci is Lucifer's daughter...since Hell has such an influence on this game. Not sure a big Rosie would have gone over very well......wouldn't get me excited

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had a chance to get a luci for $6200. turned it down because it was $200 over my max limit i'm willing to pay for any game.

Pass it on! Lol!

#113 10 years ago

^^^^point me in the direction of the person selling Luci for $6200 shipped..I will be all over that!

#114 10 years ago

I think 6200 is if he picked it up, not shipped.

#115 10 years ago

I Luuuuuuv Luci. I just installed a FF Speaker upgrade and with my old fart hearing I can now hear Steve insulting me very clearly! Like I said in another post, I am a Bally/Williams guy at heart but Stern has my full attention right now with Luci and STLE. However, Luci has been gettin' lots & lots o love in our house....

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think 6200 is if he picked it up, not shipped.

I know I can't get that kind of deal without making a heck of a drive.

#117 10 years ago

Wife doesn't like Luci.... but I think I'm getting her anyway.

#118 10 years ago

I'd drive a couple of hundred miles to get a Luci for $6200! Even if it takes me 3 days to transfer the mods over from my premium.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Look at his collection....he has nothing fun to play.

Almost all my playing of pins is done on location. Sorcerer is very fun btw.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thats great you have anti-Lucy thoughts, that is your opinion and you are fully entitled to it.
My thread started to declare love for Luci and AC/DC in general ~probably Sterns best pin or close 2it!~
If you have negative comments about how you dislike it, run along and start your own thread.
This is a Luuuuuv thread, apparently some people cannot comprehend.

Well I can't argue with this but after downing all those Stone IPA's the other night my filter was compromised.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well I can't argue with this but after downing all those Stone IPA's the other night my filter was compromised.

No prob! Matt Enno is over with a bunch of Bourbon Ale/Stout beverages so I may be in the same boat in a bit!

DSC09931.JPGDSC09931.JPG

#122 10 years ago

Changed the set up again hey?

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Changed the set up again hey?

Yep, moved the plasma behind the bar, got room for 6 across the wall, 7 if I squeeze......Perhaps by the time Hobbit arrives the room to the right of the stairwell is ready for a few pins...................................................

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

.Perhaps by the time Hobbit arrives the room to the right of the stairwell is ready for a few pins...................................................

If it's not I might call you lazy .

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If it's not I might call you lazy .

Well, lets be honest, Im pretty F'in lazy.

#126 10 years ago

Whatever , Make it so .

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Whatever , Make it so .

Cmon Dude! I dont even have funds to put pins in that side yet....Its gonna be a slowwwwwww process

144234-i.jpg144234-i.jpg

#128 10 years ago

Get some EMs for that side

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Get some EMs for that side

How about a custom Cflank Lawlor design?

DSC09925.JPGDSC09925.JPG

#130 10 years ago

Yes, consider gettin a good e-m and/or a couple 80's pins.

Your pinball machine collection looks super centerflank! A+
Wish you were closer!

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Yes, consider gettin a good e-m and/or a couple 80's pins.

Sorry Bro! I am all NIB snobbing it up from here

I Love some of the older pins but Im done spending money on anything that needs restoration work unfortunately.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sorry Bro! I am all NIB snobbing it up from here
I Love some of the older pins but Im done spending money on anything that needs restoration work unfortunately.

I hear ya!

IMG_2037.jpgIMG_2037.jpg
#133 10 years ago

for a min, I thought that was Cory's game room. I'm like......WTF? He cut a hole in his basement ceiling to take that picture?

#134 10 years ago

I think it's a lot more interesting design than any of the other art and for that reason I dig it. Does anyone feel like all her poses look really unnatural/awkward though? Something just bugs me about all of them, like it's someone's sister trying to look badass but failing. Am I alone here? Not trying to be negative, still my fave cab for ACDC, just critiquing and wondering if anyone else sees it.

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

I think it's a lot more interesting design than any of the other art and for that reason I dig it. Does anyone feel like all her poses look really unnatural/awkward though? Something just bugs me about all of them, like it's someone's sister trying to look badass but failing. Am I alone here? Not trying to be negative, still my fave cab for ACDC, just critiquing and wondering if anyone else sees it.

Not me, I think that Luci has the best pinball artwork to come out in a long, long time.

Disclosure; I am into hot females. Fantasy and real.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

I hear ya!

IMG_2037.jpg 148 KB

Nope... my loft. Sounds like Cory has good taste though!
BSL

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

ACDC is a great pin. But I am not digging the Luci art. Besides, I dated a chick named Lucy once and she was a total nightmare...

Yeah,just not feeling the love for Luci either. Give me a Pin that best reflects the AC/DC I grew up on with great art,game play, and kick ass Rock n Roll, and that's my vote.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Agree, there is something about it that does not look sexy. Aurich's version looks pretty damn good though.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Agree, there is something about it that does not look sexy. Aurich's version looks pretty damn good though.

Thanks! I've tried to not comment on Luci as much as I might normally because I had my translite in the works and don't want to come off sounding weird about it. But I'm glad people like my alternate take, and several Luci owners have ordered it, which I take to be a real compliment.

#140 10 years ago

Luci art is Saweeeeet! The game in general is simply outstanding.....

Haters gonna hate I suppose.

Haters+Gonna+Hate_0dd058_3113024.jpgHaters+Gonna+Hate_0dd058_3113024.jpg

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

A Bon Scott Highway to Hell themed Pin with would have kicked ass.
Whole lotta Rosie, TNT,Dirty Deeds,etc. Would have been a cool tribute.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Luci art is Saweeeeet! The game in general is simply outstanding.....

Aww, don't worry centerflank, people still love Luci.

i-love-luci.jpgi-love-luci.jpg

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hear ya..................all newer Sterns for me too. Maybe 1 or two classics soon for good measure.

#144 10 years ago

centerflank,

Has Luci been telling you and your friends/family "you suck" in a deep mans voice sometimes when a ball drains quickly without racking up many points or missing a target?

Hitting the bell is probably my favorite shot on AC/DC machines.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new pin.

#145 10 years ago

Dammit man its you're.....

Yes, this game is a ball buster, leaving it all stock and taking my lumps, this is the most punishing game I own for sloppy flipper shots.

Any version AC/DC is pretty awesome, no matter what art is on it!

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dammit man its you're.....

Actually he used it correctly!!!.....lol

#147 10 years ago

I'm a big fan of the pro gameplay. Super fast, great flow, and a very challenging game. I've only made it to Encore once.

#148 10 years ago

Try to hit the Fire button at just the right time when shooting the canon to hit your target.

stimpy-red_button.jpgstimpy-red_button.jpg

My favorite canon shot is to fire the canon to hit the bell (regardless of what points I earn or not).

#149 10 years ago

Actually it's better to hit the bell and get the multiplier before cashing in.

1 week later
#150 10 years ago

Luci arrived!! Luci and Met look great together. Just need that Zep pin this summer...

IMG_1894.jpgIMG_1894.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 574 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-luuuuuv-luci-whos-in-the-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.