(Topic ID: 13465)

I love the smell of PINBALL in the morning!

By Drano

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sir_spicoli.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Okay, I'm convinced I'm sick.

Does anyone else get excited by that old pinball smell? Is it just me?
    I've got a small 12'x12' clean-room set up at work adjacent to our shop where I restore the occaisional pin in my free time. I have a WH2O in there right now. Every time I walk into the room I get hit with that indescribable pinball scent. It's a sort of musty, mechanical, smokey wood scent... I can't really describe it. All I know is that it must be one of the best smells in the world. Reminds me of old arcades and pool halls or something.

Last night I had a similar reaction to some Novus 2 and Mothers carnauba wax while cleaning up my IJ

Anyone else suffer from this affliction?

#3 12 years ago

crazy how that works huh?

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I clear coated my Firepower playfield and it has masked some of that pinball smell. I hope it comes back as that clearcoat continues to cure.

Yeah, any machine I've restored tends to lose it. That could be good or bad depending on your preference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drano.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-the-smell-of-pinball-in-the-morning?tu=drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.