Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rando
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mewithhair (resized).jpg
    chapter1front (resized).jpg
    image.jpeg
    15267410270881598543002 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

...of the beginning of electronic dance music. I was feeling nostalgic for some 90s dance tunes and I found this classic on YouTube. Bizarrely, the whole video is based on a pinball machine.

But this is typical of the music I used to listen to throughout the 90s.

#2 5 years ago

i love the 90's because i was a teen, so i grew up in the 80's best freaking toys decade ever!!!
    That and the 90's music and vibe has formed me to the freak i am today!
    80's and 90's movies
    And don't forget the 90's girls

Born in the 70's, grew up in the 80's & got drunk in the 90's
    spaced trough the 00's

#3 5 years ago

The 90’s were the best.

The 80 had a recession, bad music, horrible fashion and style. The 90’s were so great for social movements, economy, music. The millennium was around the corner, anything was possible, the future was bright. Even the term “it’s the 90’s” was used to for acceptance of former taboo topics.

Then sept 1 2001 happened and the world changed over night, it was plunged into fear, hate, uncertainty and generally shitty times.

Will we ever get back to the light hearted joy of the 90’s? I don’t know. It might take another 70 yrears. Nostalgia didn’t make the 90’s great. The 90’s were just a great time.

#4 5 years ago

At that time my genitals were still fully intact. Sorry, first thing that came to mind.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

80's best freaking toys decade ever!!!

I’ll give you that one.

#6 5 years ago

The last great decade for sure!! Loved the 90's, for one the music that was still being made was rock and roll, not the crap there playing now. I'm sure there are many more reasons but that's the biggest for me, such a shame that all those great bands are basically gone now.

John

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

sept 1 2001 happened

Interesting perspective and a thought that I think resonates as true. To me, the 90s were a great time more due to the nostalgia of being a teen, girls (and sex) being my only concern, and the centrality of the ego in my life. This doesn't in any way diminish subsequent chapters, but after the 90s we certainly saw society change as a result of technology (the internet primarily) and the proliferation of information (true or mythical).

Obviously, the end of the arcades pertains to this forum but also the beginning of what some sociologists term "bowling alone," whereby culture shifted from being more directly communal to virtual (such as this forum itself). To me, it doesn't make one good and the other bad, but just different.

This is all probably more than you originally wanted, but it's my thoughts.

#8 5 years ago

In the 90s I did not need a cell phone, there was no social media, and some great pinball machines were being made .

Can you imagine travelling somewhere and not having a phone with you today? I know people that get panicky if they set it down somewhere and can't find it for a few minutes. Will not say that the 90's were the best decade, but I appreciate growing up in a time when technology did not track your every move.

#9 5 years ago

90s had some good and bad. overall the music was pretty horrible though.

#10 5 years ago

That's funny. Watching the Matrix this morning (right now) thinking dam the 90's had so much to offer. Was sophomore in college when this movie came out.

I know "TheLaw" doesn't agree with this but I loved the music! My ten year old daughter loves my 90's mix more than the current music out. WEEZER, BARENAKED LADIES, NIRVANA, DMB AND tons more!

Surfing pinside at commercial and saw this thread. Nice thread OP!

15267410270881598543002 (resized).jpg15267410270881598543002 (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from McPin54:

That's funny. Watching the Matrix this morning (right now) thinking dam the 90's had so much to offer.

99 man....just barely in!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

99 man....just barely in!

Story of my life.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

In the 90s I did not need a cell phone, there was no social media, and some great pinball machines were being made .
    Can you imagine travelling somewhere and not having a phone with you today? I know people that get panicky if they set it down somewhere and can't find it for a few minutes. Will not say that the 90's were the best decade, but I appreciate growing up in a time when technology did not track your every move.

Who says you GOTTA have that phone on you all the time? I don't have a cell phone, never have and never will. You just don't need it.

John

#15 5 years ago

Honestly The 70’s were the best. Music was the best ever, muscle cars hit their peak, people were out & about hanging out and that was social media. Watch the movie Dazed & confused or Up in smoke and you will see why the 70’s rocked.

#16 5 years ago

So many great pinball machines were made.

#17 5 years ago

Because parachute pants were da bomb!

#18 5 years ago

My hair was much darker...

#19 5 years ago

I was free and living in Colorado. Easily, the best time of my life!

#20 5 years ago

I wasnt old.

#21 5 years ago

I miss the 90s because I was much cuter and skinnier!

#22 5 years ago

I love the 90'show because I could get pussy with a bag of weed and some Boones Farm.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

overall the music was pretty horrible though.

Can't agree with you there, Nirvana Smashing Pumpkins Soundgarden Pearl jam etc.. put out some huge songs.

#24 5 years ago

The 90s was a fantastic decade growing up. And the music! Prodigy, underworld, chemical brothers, leftfield, massive attack, drum & bass. All that exciting electronic music happening.

#25 5 years ago

Gangster rap!!!!!

Nothing like being a rich white teenager, thinking you are hard.

#26 5 years ago

Fun fact: I was behind the best selling electronic music series of the 90s. Over 400,000 sold.

chapter1front (resized).jpgchapter1front (resized).jpg

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Can't agree with you there, Nirvana Smashing Pumpkins Soundgarden Pearl jam etc.. put out some huge songs.

Plenty of people wouldn't, but if you can't stand Seattle music like me, or Lillith Fair, Britpop, Lillith Fair, Garth Brooks everywhere, Lillith Fair, No Doubt, Lillith Fair...it was a rough one.

Of course there's tons of good music like Early Smashing Pumpkins...but the shit that was everywhere i never liked.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Fun fact: I was behind the best selling electronic music series of the 90s. Over 400,000 sold.

Fun fact: I have bought one of those 400,000.

Although you might have a hard time getting some of these old guys to enjoy happy hardcore

#29 5 years ago

I grew up in the 90s so obviously I love it

I also love this love for electronic music in this thread.

Rocko was my favorite cartoon growing up.
    And the Simpsons were at there best

#30 5 years ago

Raves in the 90's were the shit!

Nothing like that exists today.

The closest thing for young folks now would be some stomped on molly caps & shitty trap music @ a strip club.

Ah who cares, I almost 40

#31 5 years ago

90’s were fantastic! Music was great, The Cure, Femmes, Floyd, Nirvana, Cranberries. Graduated from college, OU (‘93), first job in Prestonsburg, KY (fun), married in Northern Michigan (‘96, best place on Earth), and son born in Bristol, TN (‘98). I would go back in an intstant if is could, so much more complicated today. 90’s were fantastic!

#32 5 years ago

I love the 90s because I still owned hair.

LTG : )

Mewithhair (resized).jpgMewithhair (resized).jpg

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from OilGuy:

Music was great, The Cure...

Only Wish & Wild mood swings in the 90s...'possibly' their worst albums

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

...of the beginning of electronic dance music. I was feeling nostalgic for some 90s dance tunes and I found this classic on YouTube. Bizarrely, the whole video is based on a pinball machine.

Who plays pinball using multiple fingers to hit the flipper buttons? This is a serious question. Weird video aside (is she supposed to be the ball?) his play-style is odd, right?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-the-90s-because?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.