(Topic ID: 271774)

I love Pinside (no more Pinside = garbage, please)

By soren

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beer (resized).jpg
    grape (resized).png
    4774nn (resized).jpg
    ET0N1rgWkAU7qTJ (resized).jpg
    52d3fa22f375efcd8fb2cddffab1d3cd (resized).jpg
    61GHIx7-yyL._AC_SX450_ (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

"I was one of the early people to actually reply to it. Which is not something I normally would do."
    One of these, I never go to Pinside, but...

Seems like a pretty big assumptive leap. By "not something I normally do," maybe he meant "reply to petty/drama threads" or simply "reply early." I'm not at all getting "I never go to pinside, but" from the statement you quoted.

I'm not going to continue a point-by-point rebuttal of your assumptions / psychoanalysis of Dennis, but suffice it to say, singling him out for this kind of takedown is exactly the kind of "pinside behavior" you claim is overblown.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

For a place that doesn't allow politics, it sure has a lean to it.
    [...]
    I have always wanted to go to Texas Pinball Festival but then I think about the weird shit that lurks here and nope out.

I definitely agree with the first part, but thankfully most showgoers seem to leave their politics at the door. Too much other stuff we're excited about under that roof to waste any breath on it. I've been to probably a hundred shows over the last 20+ years (including TPF) and can't recall a time I was turned off by someone getting political (and I lean way, way the other direction from a median pinsider).

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

It's not just politics, how about a bath this month or deodorant at a show. I'm not a germaphobe at all and pinball shows were kinda creepy before the pandemic. Also is it really necessary to rage and throw a tantrum like a toddler every time you lose a ball. Also I know your next you don't need to breath in my ear to let me know you want to play the machine.

Sadly, those issues cross party lines.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

My concern and stance is that if someone places an order through the marketplace those people should not be able to cancel their order just because of who they are.

Has this happened even once? How much effort should Pinside put toward righting hypothetical wrongs?

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Sounded like that is what he said he was actually doing right now, thus why I posted in the first place.

If he ignores someone for being an ass, that person can't PM him for any reason, including asking to buy something. He's not choosing to block people specifically to stop a sale.

If I'm a prick IRL and someone files a restraining order against me which incidentally prevents me from shopping at a certain store, is it the system's fault, or my fault?

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I feel any type of discrimination is bad. It's obvious you think it's OK as long as it fits a specific narrative.

Yes, I think it's perfectly fine to discriminate against a-holes. If someone pisses me off, I probably won't listen to them, do them a favor, or sell them a trinket. I will carry this shame to my grave.

Quoted from 85vett:

Ya'll enjoy yourselves now and feel free to not sell me something because you are unwilling to think people may be allowed to have an opinion that is different than your own.

I don't think you personally have anything to worry about. Only the strawman in your argument is being denied goods.

#98 3 years ago

This just got interesting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-pinside-no-more-pinside-garbage-please?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.