(Topic ID: 271774)

I love Pinside (no more Pinside = garbage, please)

By soren

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beer (resized).jpg
    grape (resized).png
    4774nn (resized).jpg
    ET0N1rgWkAU7qTJ (resized).jpg
    52d3fa22f375efcd8fb2cddffab1d3cd (resized).jpg
    61GHIx7-yyL._AC_SX450_ (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 3 years ago

Damn that was a long rant, but I pretty much agree with most of the quotes. This place is completely intolerable without the ignore list or as I like to think of it the stupid volume. I used to to empty my ignore list every few months and give people a chance. I don't even bother anymore, I like to keep the stupid level to background music. I do rather enjoy signing out once in a while to see the same old trolls quoting and down voting everything and they still haven't figured out they are all alone and no one is listening. I really wish how many people ignore you was visible in your profile. I'm sure I have a few but there are people here I bet have an insane amount.

#41 3 years ago

For a place that doesn't allow politics, it sure has a lean to it. As a guy from Canada, we don't really have such polarizing views. The number of times here I'm like wow I have never actually heard or seen a real human being that actually believes that. This place really needs to do a better job removing that stuff. I have always wanted to go to Texas Pinball Festival but then I think about the weird shit that lurks here and nope out. Even the North West Show and Flipping Out why does pinball have such prominent group that can't be normal.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't disagree, but you shouldn't skip out on some of those great shows. You don't have to talk to anybody!

I've been to North West and Flippin Out. Flippin Out was easily my favorite, the vibe and location just great, it is my home turf though. Ironically it's the one that got cancelled because of all the drama at North West. I'll try YEGPIN next year.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I definitely agree with the first part, but thankfully most showgoers seem to leave their politics at the door. Too much other stuff we're excited about under that roof to waste any breath on it. I've been to probably a hundred shows over the last 20 years and can't recall a time I was turned off by someone getting political (and I lean way, way the other direction from a median pinsider).

It's not just politics, how about a bath this month or deodorant at a show. I'm not a germaphobe at all and pinball shows were kinda creepy before the pandemic. Also is it really necessary to rage and throw a tantrum like a toddler every time you lose a ball. Also I know your next you don't need to breath in my ear to let me know you want to play the machine. If you have not experienced this at a pinball show, its because your the guy doing it. I'm not directing this to anyone personally. Just the community in general.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

and you are the biggest violator of the no politics rule on pinside. trust me i wouldnt buy water from you if i was dying of thirst in the sahara desert. keep both feet on the ground.

I can't figure out if you just like Will Ferrell memes or this is just a drive by shit post.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I generally stay out of these conversations but I'd like to add a difference of opinion around that subject.
    Honestly, in the environment we live in today that famous sign is BS. Go out there and say you refuse to sell to (fill in the blank) because you don't agree with their point of view and see how things go. This is a public forum so anyone selling through Pinside should be required to sell to everyone otherwise Pinside is then encouraging segregation based off things that shouldn't be used to limit their availability to a product. The ONLY thing that should be allowed to be used to not sell to someone is their ability to pay for the product, like their market place reputation or being local vs non-local.
    Couple of examples that I hope don't cross a line (if so, remove them):
    - I'm a Conservative, can I not sell to a liberal (or visa versa)?
    - I'm white, can I refuse to sell to a person of color (or visa versa)?
    - I'm straight, can I refuse to sell to a person of the LGBTQ (or visa versa)?
    I just feel it's a slippery slope to allow that. If someone only wants to sell products to groups of people with their own beliefs they should create their own website and marketplace and sell through there.
    P.S. - I really appreciate what you do with this site. You allow differences of opinion without shutting things down unlike the other main pinball forum. That can lead to controversy and even some debates/arguments but censoring peoples beliefs or opinions is not the receipt for growth in a community. As long as people leave the personal attacks out of the mix, I do believe people should be able to voice disagreement and debate things out.

I really hate these bullshit false equivalency, is it really that hard to understand the difference between the color of your skin or sexual identity, to bullshit politics and being an asshole. This insanity that you Americans have towards your political view, you are not born a democrat or republican. You can actually decide not to be an asshole, people don't get to decide sexuality and race. This is one of those moments that I get to go wow there are actual human beings that would say this crap.

P.S. He did say conservative and liberal so he may not even be American.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Is this the epitome of example for a Non-asshole post? You come across friendly and all.

This is why us Canadians always chuckle when everyone says we are so nice and friendly , if you think this post makes me an asshole or is unfriendly... well you need have yourself a little think.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Wow, pretty obvious some of you don't want an open, honest and intellectual conversation about the topic on hand. I'm not going to go down the rat hole political bait you are throwing out and mucking up Robin's forum.
    News flash... Not everyone is a republican or democrat or a leftist or a rightist. Some of us can side with both viewpoints and tend to be stuck in the middle. I feel any type of discrimination is bad. It's obvious you think it's OK as long as it fits a specific narrative. Ya'll enjoy yourselves now and feel free to not sell me something because you are unwilling to think people may be allowed to have an opinion that is different than your own.

Discrimination: The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of RACE, AGE, or SEX.

52d3fa22f375efcd8fb2cddffab1d3cd (resized).jpg52d3fa22f375efcd8fb2cddffab1d3cd (resized).jpg
    #115 3 years ago

I feel like I was part of this tangent. I do think it's a good forum with lots of great people but it could use some improvements. I'm not a fan of the don't say anything bad about the place and just put it on a pedestal. There is a lot of Americans here and your culture is completely polarized right now. It really rubs off around here. When it's not politics, it Stern, JJP, Dimpling is normal, TPN, Kaneda, it just goes on and on and its always ends up with one side against the other and its really hard to have any kind of dialog.

Another thing, I'm sure many people here have admirers that just downvote them all the time, I know I do. It just gives this place the weirdest vibe. They should make those people donate, like a message pops up and says you have downvoted this person X times, you must donate before you can downvote them again.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Though I agree with the sentiment (i.e. US very polarized), this sounds pretty hypocritical to say when you are adding fuel to the fire. “We’re a victim of you crazy Americans and your polarizing conversation, stop making us join in!”
    Really, dude?

The crazy thing from my perspective is I try to never add fuel to the fire. In this thread all I said, is this place is a lot better if you filter out some of the assholes and stupid shit. Then people actually tried to argue that they are part of the class of people known as stupid asshole and tried to cry discrimination. Yes I pointed out how stupid that is. I’m don’t play the whole both sides. If I’m an asshole I’ll think about it. You actually quoted my post that I said I was part of this, but for some reason left that out. I’m not a victim of anything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-pinside-no-more-pinside-garbage-please?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.