(Topic ID: 271774)

I love Pinside (no more Pinside = garbage, please)

By soren

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beer (resized).jpg
    grape (resized).png
    4774nn (resized).jpg
    ET0N1rgWkAU7qTJ (resized).jpg
    52d3fa22f375efcd8fb2cddffab1d3cd (resized).jpg
    61GHIx7-yyL._AC_SX450_ (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago

I took a nice long break from Pinside, and now I'm hanging around again, at least some. I'll say this, since I've been back I'm adding a lot more people to my ignore list, and participating less than I used to. And the simple reason is there's a lot of negative energy, like a lot more, and people are more openly jerks. It's just tiresome.

I'm trying to make my life about more positive energy, and not constant complaining. I reupped my red heart yesterday, I'll continue to support the site, and probably stick around for a bit at least. But I'm going to keep posting less than I used to because of the bad vibes. It's just not particularly fun for me.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Now people feel like they have to ignore or drain since their eyes burn when they see a little conflict.
    Notice a lot of Pinside personalities from that period are gone.

These two points go together, that period was different, and so was the 'conflict'. It gets really tiresome dealing with assholes constantly now. You either put them on ignore, or just give up and bail.

I used to use ignore very sparsely. Pinside had arguments, but they were about pinball mostly at least. I couldn't care less if you love or hate Stern, or this game or that. People put their politics on display more now though, and make it personal, and I nuke them when I see it. I'm not trying to see your ignorant post, and I'm not trying to do business with you either. You can't PM me when you're blocked, great feature.

Quoted from Darscot:

For a place that doesn't allow politics, it sure has a lean to it.

Yup. There's someone complaining about liberals ruining this or that around every corner now for some reason. See above, you drag your views into my face I simply put you on ignore. I have no patience for the negative energy.

I've had very few problems with people at shows, and when I did it was pretty specific issues, not some random person.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Huh? So now if I post something for sale in the Market I have to sell it to anyone that responds, even if I think their behavior on Pinside has shown them to be shady or an asshole that I don't feel like dealing with? Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

I'll sell to whoever I please, or don't please, that's for sure. If someone can't message me to buy a Shadow translite or something because I've blocked them that's too bad so sad for them, I'm happy to not take their money.

Just like if you don't like my attitude you're free to not buy my products even if I've never blocked you.

61GHIx7-yyL._AC_SX450_ (resized).jpg61GHIx7-yyL._AC_SX450_ (resized).jpg

#69 3 years ago

I've used the money I've made from selling my mods to do things like invest in the hobby, it's helped me have 'play money' that I felt like I could spend guilt-free on pinball, so that's nice. But it's always been a side gig for me, and not the real reason I do it.

I enjoy the creative challenges, I enjoy sharing them, and I enjoy making people happy. And I'm confident that anyone I've made things for would tell you that they're satisfied with my work, and that I've stood behind anything to take care of them as needed.

I feel like I've made Pinside a better place with what I've contributed. And I'm grateful for the support the community has shown me.

You don't have to like me. There are definitely some people here who don't. I'm opinionated and can rub people the wrong way. It happens, I don't lose sleep over it.

But at the end of the day what I do is about community, and relationships, and people. If you said ugly things about me, or made nasty comments that make me question your personal character, I don't want to do business with you. I don't need your money, or want it.

That doesn't strike me as a controversial position.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

This is a public forum so anyone selling through Pinside should be required to sell to everyone otherwise Pinside is then encouraging segregation based off things that shouldn't be used to limit their availability to a product. The ONLY thing that should be allowed to be used to not sell to someone is their ability to pay for the product, like their market place reputation or being local vs non-local.

I don't run a 'store', I do occasional small runs of my personal products for people when they reach out to me to be added to interest lists.

I have yet to get a message from someone and reply to them with "nah, I won't sell to you, you're a jerk". I don't check your post history when you message me.

I do sometimes get stupid personal messages through Pinside PMs, they get added to my block list so they can't message me anymore. Got a pretty dumb one the other day, told them I didn't give a fuck what they thought and blocked them. As is my right. I don't want to see your dumb messages anymore, go away.

That person can no longer reach me, so they can't sign up for any interest list, assuming they ever even wanted to do business with me, and I kinda doubt it. It's really that simple. Does that really feel unreasonable to you?

I don't ask people if they voted for Trump or what they think about abortion or gun rights or anything else when they sign up. The only 'test' is "have you done something to personally irritate me enough to not want to see or hear from you?"

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I feel any type of discrimination is bad.

I simply don't agree with that, that's all.

I think deplatforming assholes is a good thing. If you say "pinball is for rich white men, and it should stay that way" (which someone really said recently) then I don't want to do business with you. I don't want your money, and I don't want you to have my product. Buy it off the used market or something, I can't control that, but yeah, I'm discriminating against your dumb bigoted comment.

There should be consequences for saying something that stupid. They made the choice to type that, they weren't born that way. In short, f— them, and I'll hold my right to not do business with them. I blocked them and I'm losing no sleep over it.

Quoted from 85vett:

Ya'll enjoy yourselves now and feel free to not sell me something because you are unwilling to think people may be allowed to have an opinion that is different than your own.

You can of course disagree with me, and that's fine. You ever want a Shadow translite let me know, because I'd not hold your differed opinion against you. Your principles might not match mine, but I'm not offended by it, you're not attacking anyone or being a racist. Maybe you truly don't draw any lines, and will just shake hands with anyone. I don't roll like that.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Aurich was always cool when I joined, awesome products and even invited me to his place when I was in Cali.

Ah, but did you tell them I only invite people to my place so I can tell them to their face that I won't sell them anything?

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Aurich is cool. He once left me a great yelp review.

★★★★★ Would smoke bong and play Pit Stop again

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-pinside-no-more-pinside-garbage-please?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.