• 41 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys

Just wanted to say I've had No Fear now for over a month and when set up correctly and playing well this is the best pin out there (IMHO)

So fast! None stop action

I have no idea why it's not higher on the list.

That's all

#2 5 years ago

Man I hope you're right. I just finished up cleaning and working on my new to me NF. Should be done this week and I'll post pics. Seems fun and I love Ritchie so I hope we have a long relationship. Still much work to do. I can't wait to play it clean and at full speed.

#3 5 years ago

It's so much fun! Once you get the feel for it and can start flowing shots it will never leave your collection!

#5 5 years ago

It's what I'm hearing here. Can't wait to see.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Best Pin EVER!?!?!

Bit of a stretch ... But it's a fast, fun pin.

Non stop gameplay.

rd.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Bit of a stretch ... But it's a fast, fun pin.
Non stop gameplay.
rd.

That's an understatement. It's more than a bit.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That's an understatement. It's more than a bit.

Yeah, but how many guys come on Pinside with their new pins (especially NIB) and proudly proclaim ...

"This is the best pin ever! It's a keeper! It's never leaving!"

Then two months later it's up for sale. It's how Pinside rolls ...

PS V8haha enjoy your pin, glad you like it!

rd.

#9 5 years ago

It's a good game. I really like it. Probably not the best game ever, though.

Solid lower-end of the top 100, though - for sure!

#10 5 years ago

It sure is quick!!! enjoy!!!

#11 5 years ago

Great game & Underrated for sure

#12 5 years ago

move over theres a new leader and its player one. second place is the first loser....gotta love it.

#13 5 years ago

It'll probably be the last one I ever sell.

#14 5 years ago

I actually find the sounds in the game very annoying. One of many reasons I could never own one.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I actually find the sounds in the game very annoying. One of many reasons I could never own one.

I honestly could not agree with you more. I only have about 20 games on this table and already the sounds and call-outs make me cringe.........The shots are okay, but the sounds alone will keep it from ever being a game I own.
-Kyros

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The only one I didn't like was the mechanical action of the skull - so I turned it off. I imagine it isn't audible in an arcade, but at home it was stinking loud.

#17 5 years ago

I like the music and sounds. fits the theme perfectly.

#18 5 years ago

Great game, definitely underrated!

#19 5 years ago

I've owned

LAH
Freddy
T2
LW3
Nascar
Shaq
Water world
Hook
data east JP
frankenstien
TMNT
hurricane

and i must say i enjoy No Fear the most.

Yes i haven't spent a lot of time playing MM or TZ can't budget a 6K dollar pin

but damn No Fear is so fun it really is none stop action so fast!

#20 5 years ago

As I've said before I don't know why it isn't higher rated these days because of the shear speed of it, which people seem gaga over these days. Often passed over because of it's awful theme, which is a shame because tons of themes aren't that much better.

Enjoy!

#21 5 years ago

also the jump shot is fun!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As I've said before I don't know why it isn't higher rated these days because of the shear speed of it, which people seem gaga over these days. Often passed over because of it's awful theme, which is a shame because tons of themes aren't that much better.
Enjoy!

I actually like the theme myself

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I've owned
LAH
FREDDY
T2
LW3
Nascar
Shaq
Water world
Hook
data east JP
frankenstien
TMNT
Hurricane

No Fear is better than any of those pins, that's for sure.

Maybe LAH is close. That's a good pin. T2 is ok.

But the others ... Nooooo

rd

#24 5 years ago

My kids used to yell out..."water skiing with Sammy GOOFball" whenever the Sammy Duvall mode came on.

Glad you like the game.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No Fear is better than any of those pins, that's for sure.
Maybe LAH is close. That's a good pin. T2 is ok.
But the others ... Nooooo
rd

actually its all subjective whether a pin is better than another. but for me. except for nascar and shaq, its a pretty good
pin list.. and all fun to play.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Hey guys
Just wanted to say I've had No Fear now for over a month and when set up correctly and playing well this is the best pin out there (IMHO)
So fast! None stop action
I have no idea why it's not higher on the list.
That's all

Well the important thing of course is that you like it. As for your comment of no idea why it's not higher on the list? Well let's see... the callouts are horrible, it gets old fast, the theme is poor. Yes it has good flow but not much more than that.

#27 5 years ago

no pop bumpers, it's fast..i'll admit that.

best ever? can you seriously even claim that yourself??? I can't even call out a best ever out of my top 3.

#28 5 years ago

"SECOND PLACE IS THE FIRST LOSER"

Great, fast playing Steve Ritchie pin. Never leaving.

Enjoy it and congrats on your new pin !

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

best ever? can you seriously even claim that yourself??? I can't even call out a best ever out of my top 3.

We'll take that for what it is from a DM owner

#30 5 years ago

It is one of the best games ever until you start watching your friend loop the jump ramp for 200 million points a pop during Meet Your Maker.

#31 5 years ago

Great pin. Sold it. Bought it back.
Terry.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I've owned
LAH
FREDDY
T2
LW3
Nascar
Shaq
Water world
Hook
data east JP
frankenstien
TMNT
Hurricane

Okay, now I can see where you're coming from. It's definitely near the top of
your collection.

#33 5 years ago

I bought it thinking I would fix it and sell it. Got a total no fade version. Replaced everything, mirrors, the works, and loved it. Tough drainer at first, but after you get a feel for the sides, it gets better.

I wish it had more modes, but the amount of rules is balanced for the ruthless play. There are a bunch of mini things to do as well.

The really good aspect of NF is the upper modes, which are all MB modes, and all explode with lightshows and sounds, and really are exciting to get to. It’s a great machine for sure.

1 week later
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

no pop bumpers, it's fast..i'll admit that.

#35 5 years ago

It is a great game. I played one for the first time earlier this year. I regret missing my chance at owning one. It's such a thrill!

#36 5 years ago

congrats!! I love mine too.Never leaving. I have a hard time saying ANY game is the best ever....... If I gave that title to any game it would probably be the game that got me hooked into pinball when it first came out in the 80's and will be the last I ever sell. Believe it or not its Road Kings...

#37 5 years ago

One thing for sure it's a very under rated pin...I'm glad it's finally found an audience. much like JD, JM and RBION.

#38 5 years ago

Yes, I agree No Fear is better than a lot of pins ranked above it. I look forward to spending more time on one.

#39 5 years ago

NF and JM. Imo, the two fastest pins out there.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Enjoy!

I can tell you another reason why I do not like the game.

I played it in a heads up round at Pinburgh last year and that 2 player game lasted over 30 minutes. In my 3 billion point game, I had over 120 jump ramps and I am sure I hit 30+ in a row a couple times. It was a very boring game but everyone knows about that specific unbalanced scoring exploit. There is no risk of draining by looping that shot and it is worth a ton of points. My opponent had 2.8 bil. as well.

It doesn't absolutely kill the game for me, it is just one minor reason I think it's boring. Not sure how severely this may hurt it's rating on Pinside.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I had over 120 jump ramps and I am sure I hit 30+ in a row a couple times. It was a very boring game but everyone knows about that specific unbalanced scoring exploit.

That's strange they would have it set up that way at Pinburgh. What you're describing is pretty much on point with the way I feel aboot DW. When they had that at PAPA you couldn't loop that thing worth a damn; it was just set up so brutal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside