Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Eskaybee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

For some time my favorite pinball is the X-MEN wolverine ...

I did some modding ...
- Led in nighcrawlers
- Black bird blue LED
- Apron Blue LED
- New instructions cards

I have a lot of AAA games ... but this one is really special
with the last code ... the game is very deep and entertaining
music and sounds are great
the lightings in different modes are great too
many missions: 8 xmens, 5 vilains, 4 multiballs, nightcrawlers, danger room, dark phoenix... !!!!!!!!!
I parametered magneto in difficult, which allows me to enter "easily" (everything is relative) mode "DANGER ROOM"
it's really great to get there ... with great satisfaction

This game is really awesome ... he deserves to be much better ranked TOP 100 ...

I love my X-MEN Wolverine ...

#2 10 years ago

Preaching to the choir. Ever since opening my Magneto LE, it has been my favorite overall. The third flipper, the interactive magnets, and the ramps with flow are the best-IMO. I also really like backglass and cabinet artwork. My X-Men also has a distinct smell, and smells different than all of my other machines-weird? I am a little concerned. Why? Because my new Star Trek LE will be here shortly and I have a feeling it may take the #1 position. Spider Man is my second favorite with third flipper, ramps and flow. My X-Men will always be my baby, but now it just may have a brother to compete against(;

#3 10 years ago

There is a lot of us that feel the same way

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

There is a lot of us that feel the same way

+1

I've played a fair bit of X-Men... awesome game. It doesn't get enough love.

#5 10 years ago

Agreed. Got mine about 4 months ago. Have been playing it non-stop, almost to the exlusion of my other games.

#6 10 years ago

Been playing my Wolvie a fair bit lately and I'm also really enjoying it with the latest code update from a few months back. It's definitely a fun and challenging machine!

#7 10 years ago

Wait til you get your hands on a pro
But ya, xmen rocks! Solid game.

EDIT:
And for what it's worth, I think the wolverine is the best looking of the 3. I hope to one day get the funds, time, or motivation to convert my pro to a colossus or nightcrawler version

#8 10 years ago

I played x men and thought it was great minus the cheap looking toys. Why does this game get no love ?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I played x men and thought it was great minus the cheap looking toys. Why does this game get no love ?

because its code was a disaster for its first 9 months of release.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from magnoliarichj:

I bought X-Men LE pre-order and it has been the blight of my collection. It's better now, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from over a year of code, board failures, incorrect placed Wolverine figure, and Nightcrawler problems. Many of us who were in from day one have been through the ringer, so that brings the game down. I haven't given up on it, but it sits with a sheet over it right now waiting for what I hope is the final, bust ass code. If it's not a homerun, I'll flush it, in fact I should have already had I not been such a fan of the comics. I confess that my opinion is probably not fair overall, but I can't help it after owning this pin since its release and living through the chaos and disappointment.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I bought X-Men LE pre-order and it has been the blight of my collection. It's better now, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from over a year of code, board failures, incorrect placed Wolverine figure, and Nightcrawler problems. Many of us who were in from day one have been through the ringer, so that brings the game down. I haven't given up on it, but it sits with a sheet over it right now waiting for what I hope is the final, bust ass code. If it's not a homerun, I'll flush it, in fact I should have already had I not been such a fan of the comics. I confess that my opinion is probably not fair overall, but I can't help it after owning this pin since its release and living through the chaos and disappointment.

I feel you taz; i was a wolverine preorder too. Sold the game early this year after that failure of a powerpack update. I had that same exact foul taste in my mouth. Then, they released this past version of xmen (when was it april or may?). I knew what i didnt like about xmen and what i did like; it compelled me to buy the Pro. That foul taste is gone, and i absolutely love xmen way more than i did when i was a wolverine owner.

I'm not trying to suggest you do the same, but i'm happy with xmen finally and the dark feelings i had lingering on my shoulders have all vanished! Love the game again

#12 10 years ago

XM is one of my favorites as well. Just such a fun machine with some great shots and exhilaratingly fast flow when you are hitting your shots. The magnets provide just the right amount of chaos. I own a Pro and absolutely love it!!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

XM is one of my favorites as well. Just such a fun machine with some great shots and exhilaratingly fast flow when you are hitting your shots. The magnets provide just the right amount of chaos. I own a Pro and absolutely love it!!

Agreed! Magneto magnet personality is better (IMO) on the pro than LE too because you dont have the disk affecting it. Though, the magneto start mb is pretty anti-climatic on the pro.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Agreed. Got mine about 4 months ago. Have been playing it non-stop, almost to the exlusion of my other games.

Love to hear this!

#15 10 years ago

Yep, love the pro too. Have to say though, avengers has much better sound and DMD graphics, and that game gets way less love. Flow is really good on xmen, but avengers is harder. I'm extremely glad I own both!

#16 10 years ago

I played the pro and it rocks. My magneto sits in the box till I get excited about setting it up.

#17 10 years ago

No surprise given my history on this board with XM, but I love it.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I played the pro and it rocks. My magneto sits in the box till I get excited about setting it up.

I wouldn't be too excited to set up a magneto either. Sell it and get a pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-my-x-men-wolverine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.