(Topic ID: 21670)

I love Capcom, does that mean there is something wrong with me?

By jewboyflowerhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MattElder
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I have only played two, so I guess i might be jumping the gun.

I own a Pinball Magic, and have spent a lot of time with Airbourne. I really enjoy the single shot based progression. Did Bally/Williams ever create a game with similar rules?

#2 11 years ago

I love sf3 3rd strike best damn sf ever made.

#3 11 years ago

just means you think outside the box. No lemmings cliffs for you.

#5 11 years ago

I owned a Pinball Magic many years ago and think Capcom was one of the best pins made at the time. The wiring was picture perfect and the hinged display/speaker boxes were awesome and easy to use. I believe PM had the most patents along with Twilight Zone. PM has one of the best skill shots, very unique. The elevating ball is really cool, too. The magnetic hand/wand, drop the ball, great machine. Very innovative all around and beautiful to look at. Was not thrilled with the linear play, but enjoyed the machine.
    Still mad at the video age, just think what a few more years would have brought us, Bob

#6 11 years ago

I love Capcom games as well. In fact, I just bought an Airborne today. Talk about a brutally fast game! I even like Flipper Football. It's not a great single player game, but it's a lot of fun at parties. Wish the company had lasted longer.

#7 11 years ago

Linear gameplay seems to be why people dislike them, but that is th reason I love them. It does make you think what could have been..... It sure seemed like that were on the right track.

#8 11 years ago

Your only problem is your limited selection.

#9 11 years ago

Big Bang Bar is a Capcom , and people seem to like it enough to pay a huge amount for it , So there probally isn't anything wrong with you .

#10 11 years ago

If youre a fan now, just wait until you've played Big Bang Bar and Kingpin

#11 11 years ago

Capcom pins are well-built and play strong. Tons of innovation too.

Spare parts can be obtained if you know where to look, and what to look for.

Great value now a days. I give them two thumbs up.

:^)

#12 11 years ago

what is SF3

#13 11 years ago

He's talking about Street Fighter 3, the video game. Not a pin, but it is a Capcom....

#14 11 years ago

Hinged speaker box is the greatest invention ever.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I love sf3 3rd strike best damn sf ever made.

Alpha 2 best fighting game ever made!

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

In fact, I just bought an Airborne today.

Congrats Gweem!!! Might have to save up for one.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Word. I have the CPS2 cart in my lockers at home. Got rid of my game cabinet.......kept SFA2 just in case.

#17 11 years ago

Go see a doctor quick!!!!!!!!

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Personally, love Marvel versus Capcom 2...."I'm going to take you for a ride"

#19 11 years ago

Your tastes in Street Fighter titles is inferior. Super Turbo and Hyper Fighting ftw.

...just kidding. a2/3s/mvc2 are good games also.

#20 11 years ago

Never got into the "Vs" games personally. Thoght they got a bit too far out there.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Capcom pins are well-built and play strong. Tons of innovation too.
    Spare parts can be obtained if you know where to look, and what to look for.
    Great value now a days. I give them two thumbs up.
    :^)

Big +1. A shame they didn't make more titles.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I love Capcom games as well. In fact, I just bought an Airborne today. Talk about a brutally fast game! I even like Flipper Football. It's not a great single player game, but it's a lot of fun at parties. Wish the company had lasted longer.

Did you get the one from Gerry? That was mine before him.... Loved it except the upper right drops were too difficult to hit... And changing that pop bumper light was not a job I was looking forward to!!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

.... Loved it except the upper right drops were too difficult to hit...

Yeah, those are hard as heck to hit. Richochets off the pops seem to be the most reliable way to hit them. That and the linear ruleset were about the only things that really bugged me. It's definitely a fun game, and I miss mine!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-love-capcom-does-that-mean-there-is-something-wrong-with-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.